• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

This means war Joni.
tumblr_inline_nn9nz6LXNX1shrb8p_500.gif

Ricker

Maybe it's just me, but I think this is awesome for a TV show budget. I grew up on Lois & Clark and freakin Smallville and this is LEAGUES above what those shows achieved (for obvious reasons). So I'm a happy camper. :)

Yep...it could be worst,thats for sure,stuff like Dominion or Olympus,my god.

I'm not really sure they would find a way to have Cat "forget" that Kara is Supergirl, since secret identities aren't much of a thing on Berlanti's other shows.

Catching up on episodes I missed, Maxwell Lord is Kara's Lex Luthor, huh. Finale of the train episode is a take on a classic Superman and Luthor scene. That scene got me to watch Lois and Clark back in the day.

tci

Other than that, yeah, I really like Kara as a character and obviously Kat as well. I thought the reveal was really well done and I liked the the acting from both thoughtout the episode, but especially from Benoist. There's just something that makes me buy her anger, frustration and rage, which I feel is hard to do in general. Good stuff, really.

[
Thats scene and the one with Kat in the end was really good.

I really had my doubt about this series a few episodes in. The show is starting to get really good. Still lacks in a few places. But they manage to capture feelings really good. Especially with Kara.

Will continue to watch this as long as they mange to capture this.

Toa TAK

Banned
Watching the gif so you can count all the polygons is not exactly the point of the shot, but okay then.

I don't get it.

Does it not look bad when watching it? You don't have to stare at it longer than a few seconds to know it's not the best looking cg, tv or not.

It's bad. It doesn't bring down the entire show or anything. It's okay to acknowledge that the cg ain't up to par tv budget or not.

Volimar

For a TV budget, the CGI was great. I was okay with it. And we finally got a Man of Steel-esque fight! Was hoping for that the whole time.

Five bucks says the season finale CGI will be way better and more epic.

Is anyone else okay with Supergirl offing somebody? I kind of am.

I gotta say it again, Supergirl having a boiling, raging anger beneath her kind and steely exterior is great. It immediately differentiates her from Clark, Oliver, and Barry.

That fits with her lore. She's more dangerous than Clark in a lot of ways because she isn't as good at restraining herself.

I'm not really sure they would find a way to have Cat "forget" that Kara is Supergirl, since secret identities aren't much of a thing on Berlanti's other shows.

Wait, did they reveal Kat knows?

Or... shudder.... "found out"?

I'll be disappointed if she didn't know before.

Watching the episode tonight. Been super fucking busy.

Or you can watch the first 4 episodes of Expanse on Syfy.com. It's pretty good.

whut

anaron

Wait, did they reveal Kat knows?

Or... shudder.... "found out"?

I'll be disappointed if she didn't know before.

Watching the episode tonight. Been super fucking busy.

whut

Kat's clearly been suspicious but she didn't KNOW know. She put it all together though which already illustrates how smart she is

Kat's clearly been suspicious but she didn't KNOW know. She put it all together though which already illustrates how smart she is

I'm so glad she knows now, but I don't think it necessarily makes you super smart to realize that Melissa Benoist wearing glasses looks suspiciously like Melissa Benoist not wearing glasses.

wildfire

Banned
Arrow doesn't need it, if they spend a bit more time on the choreography they could work excellently in the day, but it is supposed to represent the Dark Gotham mood. They're light on CGI. Supergirl has the opposite problem, it has to be light bright Metropolis (in National City) but CGI works better at night.

CGI at low fps looks better in the shadows but after watching HFR Hobbit I learned cgi looks really good if played at high frame rates regardless of lighting conditions.

Joni

CGI at low fps looks better in the shadows but after watching HFR Hobbit I learned cgi looks really good if played at high frame rates regardless of lighting conditions.
Yes, but budgetwise, that is probably even less achievable than Man of Steel.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Another great episode, topping the last one for me. I absolutely love the cuts to commercial with the giant S emblem. Reminds me of the 60's Batman show or even the Superfriends. Camp, but perfectly employed camp.

Comparing the visials to a movie with a monster budget and years of prep time is kind of ridiculous. If this show had a 10 million dollar per episode budget and several months to work on their VFX I'm sure it'd look amazing... Warner would likely lose a ton of money but it'd look fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom