• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyStu

They really should just lift the
Galatea
character from JLU.

Nah.

Legit Power Girl is better.

The New 52 version is a super intelligent, hyper-confident and occasionally aggressive--both sexually and martially--Kara.

She is like Cat and Supergirl combined. She is awesome.

I would LOVE to see Bernoist play her in a recurring capacity.

ZeroX03

Banned
Finally caught up on every episode. As DC TV's favorite poster (as voted by StaticJam and TheOddOne), here are my thoughts:

• All the characters were pretty aimless the first few episodes, but they quickly caught on to what makes them work.
  • Cat Grant is the best. They figured out how to have an inspirational parental figure without just copying Joe on Flash. She channels her heart of gold through a mind of ice. It's fantastic.
  • Hank Henshaw was just a boring villain in waiting until coming out as Martian Manhunter instead. It makes his scenes with Alex a lot more fun - as he clearly enjoys being more open if this episode's dialogue is any indication - opens up a bunch of storylines, and it can pretty much be the Supergirl and Martian Manhunter show in the way I hoped Flash would have Firestorm most of the time but then didn't.
  • So we still have the real Hank Henshaw waiting in the wings. S2 Slade anyone? And M'gann would be great alongside Supergirl once she's established as there's some nice parallels between them.
  • Jimmy is a great guy. I can't really say much else about him. He hasn't really shown any flaws. There were some comments about him gravitating around superheroes but I don't know if that's a flaw, he seems very solid in all circumstances.
  • Toyboy is the lovesick loser and it's hilarious. Just give him S1 Laurel lines to read verbatim.
  • Not sure where they're going with Alex but she's fun with Hank.
  • So far the show's biggest weakness is villains. Weak casting is hurting. Laura Benanti is great at the emotional stuff but is not remotely intimidating. All the other villains except Livewire have been entirely forgettable, and Livewire wasn't fantastic just a competent actress with some great special effect ideas. Non is bland. MoS' Zod and Faora were scary.
  • The show's best episode yet didn't even have Supergirl fighting a supervillain. It was the earthquake. Unless someone was causing them, I did hear them say "Major Disaster" and he does cause Earthquakes in the comics (against The Flash!).
  • Red Tornado was the low point in his own episode. Why did they fail my Young Justice OG like that?
  • Fight scenes are inconsistent. They often bite off more than they can choose. Less wire jumping, more striking with IMPACT.

Glad the series has found what to do with most of the actors, they still need a strong direction to go with the next 12 episodes but it's good the show is no longer just a weaker version of The Flash.

ZeroX03

Banned
Most, if not all, major DC characters have a Bizarro counterpart. There's a whole Bizarro World.

lY3igwU.jpg

Setsuna

Nah.

The New 52 version is a super intelligent, hyper-confident and occasionally aggressive--both sexually and martially--Kara.

I dont think they have enough pull with the network to put a busty woman with a boob window on during primetime

Joni

Be back in seven years, I need to read a lot of Wikipedia apparently.

I dont think they have enough pull with the network to put a busty woman with a boob window on during primetime

You need pull for that? I thought you would get an automatic renewal for that.

Volimar

I don't think Benoist has the chesticular fortitude to pull off the boob window. I've never been a fan of that costume. I'd rather they left that costume out if they do bring in Power Girl.

Nah.

Flash probably has the multiverse on lockdown.

The two scenarios I could see:

Galatea, but made by General Lane and Maxwell Lord, as a season-long villain.

Dream scenario: Flash crossover:

Kara, Alex and Hank travel to Central City after DEO equipment detects a Kryptonian presence. They arrive in time to find Barry fighting a superpowered blonde breacher in a white leotard and blue cape, with a red stone collar around her neck. Kara gets overzealous after getting close to their opponent, and the heroes are forced to retreat in order to calm her down.

Back at Star Labs, Jay tells them the breacher is Power Girl. On Earth 2, Kal-El never landed on Earth (snatched out of space by Darkseid and raised by him. Save that reveal for Legends of Earth 2.), and Kara was never trapped in the Phantom Zone. She became a wealthy tech CEO and one of Jay's superhero allies. Kara mentions that when getting near Peej, she felt a familiar electricty that reminded her of Kryptonite, but instead of physically weakening her, it fills her with rage.

The rest of the crossover is Cisco, Harry and Alex trying to create some device to neutralize the Red Kryptonite (placed by Zoom) and Flash, Supergirl and Martian Manhunter trying to subdue Power Girl.

jelly

Caught up to the last episode. It's far better than I thought it would be, the characters are mostly very good, apologies to Cat, I thought she would suck, one of my favourites and Supergirl comes out with great reactions "What Planet are you from!?" "Ummm, this one".

The enemies do suck so far which is probably my only knock against it but like other shows hopefully they learn for later episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom