• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyStu

Pretty awful episode.

The showrunners need to choose which to suck at: Effects, Dialogue, Acting Direction.

They cannot suck at all three. The show cannot continue like this.

Seriously. Hard to take this show serious based on this alone.

You mean the fight that didn't happen.

Admittedly sure he probably won't show up later if that fight ever does go down even though he should.

Pretty awful episode.

The showrunners need to choose which to suck at: Effects, Dialogue, Acting Direction.

They cannot suck at all three. The show cannot continue like this.

Opinion.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well... This was dumb. Why do the kryptonians have to look so shitty? Also Wynn is now a super hacker aka this shows felicity?

Toa TAK

Banned
Wish they committed to Cat knowing Kara's secret identity, but it was a good episode, especially after the break. Great to see another Clark texting scene. :)

sturmdogg

Didn't Hank say there's only one person who knows he's the Martian Manhunter? What if that person is Superman? Wouldn't that explain why Superman isn't concerned with the other kryptonians? Because as far as I know MM is on the same level as Superman in terms of power. Maybe Supes thinks with MM looking out for Kara she'll be ok.

Skux

Some fun scenes (pretty much anything involving Henshaw is great) and Benoist carries the acting again but man that was a clumsy way to resolve last episode's cliffhanger.

There were too many storylines (Astra, Lord, Cat) to juggle that all of them had to rely on ridiculous contrivances to work (eg General Lang's soldiers disobeying him after only a single operation with Supergirl), or felt half baked in their execution.

I would have put the Lord plot on the backburner and let the Astra storyline get more development - we needed to believe that Kara and Astra had enough trust in each other to make the deal work, but we didn't get the chance to let the truth about Krypton sink in and really feel that Astra was being honest.

Didn't Hank say there's only one person who knows he's the Martian Manhunter? What if that person is Superman? Wouldn't that explain why Superman isn't concerned with the other kryptonians? Because as far as I know MM is on the same level as Superman in terms of power. Maybe Supes thinks with MM looking out for Kara she'll be ok.

Yes and IIRC they confirmed it in the following episode.

That scene where Jimmy and Wynn hold Kara's hands will cue a thousand polyamory erotic fiction.

Cat's Detective skills easily destroy anybody's in The Flash and Arrow.

Angry Kara is still best Kara. Give that girl some red Kryptonite.

Yo. This episode will be totally baller when it happens.

Ok, so My wife and I planned on watching this series but haven't got to it yet.

Then I saw muthafuckin Martian Manhunter in the promos on TV, soooo we're going to watch it next week and catch up.

Mariolee

The chatting with Clark is a bit much, and althought the episode tonight was good fun I wish the show was more ambitious. I thiught they were heading there with introducing the Martian Manhunter, which is what has gotten me back into the show, but even now I feel like they don't have much they're leading to with him. The Flash is excellent with set ups and teases, while Supergirl always feels like it struggles to be interesting.

I did like how Kara's Aunt is not completely evil. It's a nice change of pace.

anaron

disappointed at the Cat resolution but I expected it. Hard to have issue with it when it's presented for her like that though

Astra continues to be refreshingly interesting and dynamic

Max has Red Tornado's arm!!

yeah the Clark stuff is kinda annoying but for me it's only because there's no face to him. Cast an actor as him already

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The chatting with Clark is a bit much, and althought the episode tonight was good fun I wish the show was more ambitious. I thiught they were heading there with introducing the Martian Manhunter, which is what has gotten me back into the show, but even now I feel like they don't have much they're leading to with him. The Flash is excellent with set ups and teases, while Supergirl always feels like it struggles to be interesting.

I did like how Kara's Aunt is not completely evil. It's a nice change of pace.
I kinda wanted her original version of the story to be true. Which would've provided a more conflicted issue for Kara to deal with. If Kara's mother didn't believe Krypton was going to explode until it was too late, it would make Astra's reasoning more powerful. But then she gives Kara the real explanation and, while it makes sense that she still had to be sent to the Phantom Zone for killing all those people, it deflated the internal conflict.

Mariolee

I mean, what's so bad about Cat knowing she's Supergirl anyway? She gets to be a full-time hero?

She wouldn't have time to hang with her buds yo.

Nah, I get the real reasoning. It's like going to work 24/7. You need a place where you can relax, and for Kara it's at CatCo. If Kara reveals herself as Supergirl to Cat then Cat as she did in this episode would want to fire her as every minute she's working at CatCo is a minute she's not out there saving someone who needs saving.

I kinda wanted her original version of the story to be true. Which would've provided a more conflicted issue for Kara to deal with. If Kara's mother didn't believe Krypton was going to explode until it was too late, it would make Astra's reasoning more powerful. But then she gives Kara the real explanation and, while it makes sense that she still had to be sent to the Phantom Zone for killing all those people, it deflated the internal conflict.

Eh, we gotta let Kara win something, if only the memory of her noble mother.

Slaythe

Every time I come here, you hype the show so much, with all those hyperbolic statements, I can't help but go back to it.

And once again I leave disappointed, and untouched by the show. =(

This isn't even a matter of taste, I have always loved Superman (or girl) related stories, I loved Buffy more than 99% of the other shows so I have nothing against a powerful female lead, I just...

The writing is so terrible and unimaginative. I can't really spend time watching this. It's really hard to get invested in this. The only character that stands out remotely is Cat, and I guess Benoist is a really cool actress, but that doesn't make a series.

I had many issues with Smallville. But here I just feel like it's not a compelling story that's being told, at all. Which would be fine if each week would have a cool plot, but here it's very basic stuff that we have seen a million times on other shows.

But I know many shows take time to find a decent pace / story so that's why I go back from time to time, but I think this time I'm officially out. It doesn't interest me.

But if it's any consolation I think "The Flash" is garbage. I guess I'm just not liking those main writer guys at all.

That being said I wish the show the best, you guys seem satisfied so it's what matters, and who knows maybe they'll hit it out of the park next season.

Effect

I'm really enjoying that they're not shying away from Kara's anger issues and tackling them head on. MB is killing it in these scenes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom