• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrimzero

--Clark has signed on--

Clark: Hey it's me. I see that we aren't the last 2 Kryptonians in existence!

Kara: Yea, like 12 more have popped up here. Including a blood relative of ours.

Clark: Wow! I will be right over. This is super important. Not only to us personally but for our whole species! Just imagine, Krypton might rise from the ashes!

Kara: Nah, it's cool. Don't come.

Clark: What?

Kara: I got this. Gotta be my own girl and stuff, My own HERO. I know Zod beat you like you owed him money but I can handle 12 of them on my own. I have humans to help. Oh and the last martian.... FROM MARS.

Clark: A WHAT? A sole son like myself? I have got to get in on this!

Kara: Nah it's all good. It's just 12 Kryptonian prisoners plus all the other weird aliens that got locked up with them. Yea I've only been at this for like 6 months but I got it covered. You go stop Lex from whatever is he's doing this week. (BTW I have my own Lex now)

Clark: But our species... are you sure? I mean there are only like 14 of us left anywhere...

Kara: Dude stop. Girl power. Okay? My own hero. All covered.

Clark: I guess, this just seems like a bit much.

Kara: Also, thanks for sending Jimmy. Hottie with a body OMG. For some reason I thought he was gonna be a bit nerdy, not all Old Spice Guy. Makes me weak like Kryptonite.

--Clark has signed off--

Hey Dude

Banned
Every time I come here, you hype the show so much, with all those hyperbolic statements, I can't help but go back to it.

And once again I leave disappointed, and untouched by the show. =(

This isn't even a matter of taste, I have always loved Superman (or girl) related stories, I loved Buffy more than 99% of the other shows so I have nothing against a powerful female lead, I just...

The writing is so terrible and unimaginative. I can't really spend time watching this. It's really hard to get invested in this. The only character that stands out remotely is Cat, and I guess Benoist is a really cool actress, but that doesn't make a series.

I had many issues with Smallville. But here I just feel like it's not a compelling story that's being told, at all. Which would be fine if each week would have a cool plot, but here it's very basic stuff that we have seen a million times on other shows.

But I know many shows take time to find a decent pace / story so that's why I go back from time to time, but I think this time I'm officially out. It doesn't interest me.

But if it's any consolation I think "The Flash" is garbage. I guess I'm just not liking those main writer guys at all.

That being said I wish the show the best, you guys seem satisfied so it's what matters, and who knows maybe they'll hit it out of the park next season.
The show is awful. Even my gf who likes shitty cw shows hates supergirl.

Pilgrimzero

She is fun to watch. i think they write her just fine, mostly. It's everything else.

Like DEO apparently being able to do only one thing at a time. Pretty much everything in the "love triangle". Lex, I mean Max.

It's like when writing a scene they don't really look at all the aspects. You have to take a lot on "LOL for the drama" or "It's just comic books!"

Joni

It was another good mix of emotional and funny, they should just focus their episodes a bit more. I do hope they'll do that with any upcoming Lord episodes, including a more powerful Red Tornado.

Kara: Yea, like 12 more have popped up here. Including a blood relative of ours.
She is only related to her. Kara's dad is related to Superman.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

wgZ1HRl.gif

iosefe

It makes sense filming wise. It would be quite hard to have two Melissa Benoist side by side in one shot.

did you watch this week's episode?

i tease, but i get ya. it isn't optimal, but it get's the job one, and the technique HAS come a long way, so it should be fine

Joni

If Disney Channel can do it, so can CBS.
Didn't know they did fight scenes.

did you watch this week's episode?

i tease, but i get ya. it isn't optimal, but it get's the job one, and the technique HAS come a long way, so it should be fine
They were standing clearly separate from each other. It will be different in fights where they have to be close up, which will become noticeable, like the fact you can see R'as switch from actor to stunt double and back in Arrow S3 winter finale.

anaron

EMMA CAULFIELD <3

I wonder if they're going to go down the romantic angle with Alex and J'onn. I'm kinda here for it tbh

Joni

https://twitter.com/supergirlcbs/status/684947331716902912

We won a Peoples Choice award for Favorite New TV Drama

Flash and Supergirl won back to back meanwhile Arrow lost

The award seems to favor The CW and the people related to them.
- Arrow lost, but The Beauty and the Beast won that year.
- Reign beat out SHIELD and The Originals. It deserves it.
- The Flash won over Gotham and How To Get Away With Murder
- Supergirl won, which is a half-CW show. CW didn't actually have shows nominated for New Drama this year. I wonder why

Mariolee

She is fun to watch. i think they write her just fine, mostly. It's everything else.

Like DEO apparently being able to do only one thing at a time. Pretty much everything in the "love triangle". Lex, I mean Max.

It's like when writing a scene they don't really look at all the aspects. You have to take a lot on "LOL for the drama" or "It's just comic books!"

Definitely agree with this. I think the actors are all absolutely fantastic, it's just that the material they're being given to work with is incredibly subpar and it kills me to say that about a show that Andrew Kreisberg is working on.

Joni

Well actually, the actor who plays Maxwell is engaged to Jamie. :)
Yes. Berlanti seems to have developed a tendency to also cast the spouse of his stars. Melissa's husband will appear in Supergirl as will Robbie Amell's wife. He even cast the wife of Everwood actor Channing Tatum on Supergirl. Waiting for the moment he casts Cassandra Jean, Arrow Amell's wife, on Supergirl.

strafer

Yes. Berlanti seems to have developed a tendency to also cast the spouse of his stars. Melissa's husband will appear in Supergirl as will Robbie Amell's wife. He even cast the wife of Everwood actor Channing Tatum on Supergirl. Waiting for the moment he casts Cassandra Jean, Arrow Amell's wife, on Supergirl.

Sif will appear and kick some Supergirl ass.

ZeroX03

Banned
Watched the latest episode. Mostly liked it, but I'm just going to throw out a few complaints...

Show is still figuring out what range it can play the actors with. Laura Benanti can't do intimidating. She can do the emotional stuff well but she just doesn't feel like a leader. The "she saved my life" scene with the soldier tried to give Supergirl Superman's massive awe inspiring presence, but she doesn't have it and they shouldn't try to force it. She does fury so much better. Non is a poor man's Zod. General Lane just flopped. You know a character is going badly when Smallville did a better job.

Loved Cat even though they backtracked the reveal. Hank is so much fun when he's letting loose. Super threeway incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom