• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week on Supergirl:
blackmercy.jpg
Yeah, first thing I remembered.

Pilgrimzero

This show is horrible at relationships. I get it needs drama but jeeze. Has any character had a good relationship with another in any form?

Especially for Karas dating life. Hasn't even been a whole season yet and already gone through 3 dudes. Winnzoned. Jimmy passed her up. Cats son got dismissed before he even really got in the door.

Joni

This show is horrible at relationships. I get it needs drama but jeeze. Has any character had a good relationship with another in any form?

Especially for Karas dating life. Hasn't even been a whole season yet and already gone through 3 dudes. Winnzoned. Jimmy passed her up. Cats son got dismissed before he even really got in the door.

Alex + Kara,Kara + Cat, Alex + Hank. All more parent-child, but Flash only does those too.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

It was weird he used the term "break up" in the episode.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, I feel like the non-romantic relationships work out a lot better here. Especially Cat as Kara's mentor of sorts and Hank/MM with Alex and Kara. The romantic stuff is a bore and only fun when Winn is losing.

anaron

Adam should hopefully
be killed by Toyman
so I wouldn't worry too much

James is the weakest link right now tbh

Joni

Adam should hopefully
be killed by Toyman
so I wouldn't worry too much.
I hope that is something they save up.
I feel it would work better if Winn was the Toyman to kill him, but I don't think I'm ready to have Winn as a villain.

When Hank said "Is that what we call her?" regarding the "Bizarro" name, I understood "It's another Capcom trademark" at first. DC vs Capcom incoming!

e:

Winn giving relationship advice to James. What the world has come to!

Man they really, like, REALLY need to work on the impacts the punches are supposed to have. There's absolutely 0 weight behind anything. When Bizarro took Kara and slammed her on the ground, even her clothes were absolutely fine. There was no dirt at all on it. Not to mention the fight itself.

Apoc29

The continuity on this show is fucked up. Are the random DEO jobbers supposed to know Kara is Supergirl? In previous episodes she would always walk around the base in her costume and people would refer to her as Supergirl, but in this ep she's walking around as Kara and no one gives a fuck. The tank dudes also saw her fighting Bizarro, and Alex's goons arresting Max Lord heard everything he said about Kara. So I'm guessing either the cat's out of the bag or this is something they'll just sweep under the rug.

The continuity on this show is fucked up. Are the random DEO jobbers supposed to know Kara is Supergirl? In previous episodes she would always walk around the base in her costume and people would refer to her as Supergirl, but in this ep she's walking around as Kara and no one gives a fuck. The tank dudes also saw her fighting Bizarro, and Alex's goons arresting Max Lord heard everything he said about Kara. So I'm guessing either the cat's out of the bag or this is something they'll just sweep under the rug.

If you think that's bad, I don't think there's a single employee at Star Labs who doesn't know Barry Allen is the Flash :p

Man they really, like, REALLY need to work on the impacts the punches are supposed to have. There's absolutely 0 weight behind anything. When Bizarro took Kara and slammed her on the ground, even her clothes were absolutely fine. There was no dirt at all on it. Not to mention the fight itself.

I said this, even the standing on ground punches are a joke which they have no excuses for.

Is Wynn actually being built up as a villain? He seems fine with how things are now, so I don't see how he'd become a villain unless Kara actively did something to utterly destroy his life out of malice.

Wag

This episode left me confused. Either Superman exists or he doesn't. Since there is no Bizarro Superman in this universe (who was created by Lex Luthor), does Lex even exist? Maxwell Lord seems to be Lex anyways.

ReiGun

This episode left me confused. Either Superman exists or he doesn't. Since there is no Bizarro Superman in this universe (who was created by Lex Luthor), does Lex even exist? Maxwell Lord seems to be Lex anyways.

Superman exists, his version of Bizarro doesn't.

I am curious about Lex though. He's the only major Superman character who has never been referenced. I'd be disappointed if he's not around because he's my favorite villain, but it does look like they've replaced him with Max Lord.

Joni

There is a juicy character in the upcoming episode 13.
Clark Kent (Daniel DiMaggio) will appear in the Krypton-dreams.

It just means that if Lex Luthor is present and he is a supervillain, that he has not created Bizarro or that the existence of Bizarro Superman is not public knowledge. I think Luthor is the one main guy that we didn't get nods at yet. We know the extended Arrowverse at least has Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and Joker. They haven't appeared, but they have to exist.

They are probably random guys so they'll never explain why they know or when they found out. It doesn't matter anyway, they might be smart enough to realize the sister of their coworker looks exactly like Supergirl.

Wag

It just means that if Lex Luthor is present and he is a supervillain, that he has not created Bizarro or that the existence of Bizarro Superman is not public knowledge. I think Luthor is the one main guy that we didn't get nods at yet. We know the extended Arrowverse at least has Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and Joker. They haven't appeared, but they have to exist.

I'm not so sure they'll ever reference Lex being what a pivotal role he's playing in the upcoming DC movie universe.

Joni

I'm not so sure they'll ever reference Lex being what a pivotal role he's playing in the upcoming DC movie universe.
It is not like the others have small roles in upcoming movies. They can do references in small ways, almost unremarked.

Setsuna

When Hank said "Is that what we call her?" regarding the "Bizarro" name, I understood "It's another Capcom trademark" at first. DC vs Capcom incoming!

e:

Winn giving relationship advice to James. What the world has come to!

Well there was that time in the episode where Bizzaro hit supergirl and caused a shockwave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom