• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

So they race bended a character to be head of the DEO when the DEO is already lead by a black dude?

latest

His skin is invisible and he sweats cyanide

ZeroX03

Banned
It's a decent pilot. Mentioned it months ago but it feels a lot like a derivative of the (very good) Flash pilot. Not as strong as Flash but better than Arrow's.

Yes the clunkiness will fade over time like most shows.

Wait, this is gonna be a procedural? ... Guess I should've expected.

It's a 13 episode season that'll likely get picked up into a back 9. There's going to be some villain of the week/procedural episodes, that's the nature of the beast.

carlsojo

Look at these ARGUS wannabes.

It's a decent pilot. Mentioned it months ago but it feels a lot like a derivative of the (very good) Flash pilot. Not as strong as Flash but better than Arrow's.

They really just need a Malcolm Merlyn or Reverse Flash tier villain.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Look at these ARGUS wannabes.

They really just need a Malcolm Merlyn or Reverse Flash tier villain.

Merlyn was never on Reverse Flash's level. He was good, atleast in Season 1, and his dickishness can be fun in later seasons. But RF was a whole other level.

It's a 13 episode season that'll likely get picked up into a back 9. There's going to be some villain of the week/procedural episodes, that's the nature of the beast.
Well as long as it's handled well, I'm fine with it. I was just assuming it would be something different.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Shared universe doesn't seem to be happening.

To be fair, Arrow wasn't supposed to have "comic-booky" superpowers, and Constantine was supposed to be completely separate. Unless these shows really start conradicting eachother, the correct people are in place to make a crossover happen. Just not this season.

ZeroX03

Banned
Well as long as it's handled well, I'm fine with it. I was just assuming it would be something different.

I don't think there are any 22 episode shows without procedural elements. The closet show on the network would probably be The Good Wife in that it's a different case each week with other plot lines continuing throughout, but Flash and Arrow are likely the closest comparisons.

Heh, ah the girl scene, this was great in the clip.

Merlyn was never on Reverse Flash's level. He was good, atleast in Season 1, and his dickishness can be fun in later seasons. But RF was a whole other level.

Yeah, the main season villain's gonna be pretty important.

Volimar

She makes a good point. Cat's counter argument is terrible, but we have to go through it to justify the outdated name.

Malvingt2

‏@KryptonSite
Comment on the forum: "Cisco needs to show up and say 'Hey I’m just here to name you. I dub thee Supergirl. Ok I’ll go now’."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom