• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
He him his he's he him etc

Can we please never reference Superman again after this episode. This shit is getting tedious as hell.

Effect

That preview. That confrontation is happening fast. I don't know why I'm surprised as the Flash moves at a rapid pace as well and this is being done by the same team. Just didn't expect the second episode.

Them not being able to say Superman is really distracting.
What? They can't? As in contractually obligated to not mention Superman? I was about to complain that the references to HIM were too many and too much in the nose. It undermines Supergirl when you can't go 10 minutes without mentioning the cousin but what's with them not being able to call him by name?

Shaanyboi

Banned
in comics she was just a figure skater that wanted to hang with her brother Captain Cold
Yeah, would've been really different if they went that route. Feels like they would've played her as way more of an innocent civilian in that last episode if that was the case. Like there would've been this revelation "oh hey, Snart actually has a sister," and they go see her for the first time at an ice rink where she's completely unaware she's a poker chip in this game between her brother and father.

Kinda would've preferred that actually. I don't care all that much for her.

For like the 20th time, it's not real gold.

Hm. Fair enough.

wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't referring to him so much.

Feel like that has to be a Pilot thing to hook in a casual viewer wondering why there is a girl Superman. At least, I hope it starts to lessen as the season goes along. She doesn't need that crutch to lean on.

Feel like that has to be a Pilot thing to hook in a casual viewer wondering why there is a girl Superman. At least, I hope it starts to lessen as the season goes along. She doesn't need that crutch to lean on.

I imagine it's this as well. I think it'll happen less in the relatively near future except where mostly appropriate.

Also, I like it way more than pretending he doesn't exist.

Slayven

Yeah sometimes pilots suck because they are more about getting the network hyped rather then the audience. I say the fifth episode will be about the time it smooves out.

I thought it was pretty good. Went in expecting a rom com but it had a bit more action.

I think they were a bit too on the nose with feminism stuff (think there was 5 or so lines specifically for that) and the pacing was a bit too fast for a pilot. Adaption wise it seems they're firing really really loosely.

I'll stick with it for the next few episodes. I'm already planning out plotlines in my head, I want my cyborg superman damnit.
Henshaw
's ass better be on a space voyage before this season is over.

braves01

Banned
Didn't watch, but is there a good reason she's Supergirl instead of Superwoman? It's like the tv execs took one step forward by having a female super hero lead, but one step back by giving her an infantilized name.

IconGrist

Didn't watch, but is there a good reason she's Supergirl instead of Superwoman? It's like the tv execs took one step forward by having a female super hero lead, but one step back by giving her an infantilized name.

Because the character goes by Supergirl and Super Woman is a villain from another Earth.

As awesome as the Flash commercial was, think may confuse people that they are in the same universe haha

Haha. They probably totally want it too. Maybe they can slap the suits some day eventually to make it happen even despite any cross-network issues.

Make it happen guys.

There is an entire scene that deals with this directly.

tim1138

Dug the first episode, will keep watching.
It reminded me of the Flash pilot, and that's turned out fantastic so far. I have full faith in Berlanti and co to make this another winner

Even though pacing was sacrificed for the plot, the episode was decent! Hopefully they've balanced out these issues for the rest of the season.

braves01

Banned
Because the character goes by Supergirl and Super Woman is a villain from another Earth.

How old is her character supposed to be? And "because that's what she goes by" isn't really a good reason. The writers could have come up with anything so it seems like a missed opportunity to rewrite Super Woman into positive character instead of a demonized powerful woman.

There is an entire scene that deals with this directly.

Sorry, I didn't see this before I posted the above. What was the explanation given in the scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom