• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, I'm glad that they're recognizing that keeping random dudes locked up in cages in your secret prison is not really a good thing to do.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
it felt like a direct response to how fucked it was on the flash. lol
It was something I complained about in that episode with the lightning girl (or was she an ice girl? I can't even remember) and someone here got mad at me for asking about the screwed up nature of a prison with no due process.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You mean Negasonic Teenage Warhead?
Same thing. lol

It's garbage how Cat and Kara have gone from this interesting relationship to this dumb catty bs
I assume they're trying to recreate the tension between Perry White and Superman, but everything seems passive aggressive now. Rolling back the fact that Cat figured out the Supergirl thing just seemed like a mistake and now they're just dragging that out as long as they can.

No.

And actually, it was one of the highest scoring episodes in a review from IGN, with an 8.8: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/23/supergirl-truth-justice-and-the-american-way-review

AV Club gave it a B+: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/supergirl-has-mixed-feelings-about-truth-justice-a-232686

In other news, Nerdist did a video about the Flash crossover episode, featuring Italia Ricci, who pretty much confirms that
her Silver Banshee and another villain are teaming up together. From the script picture, it looked like Livewire was part of the cast.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Soooo, is it worth $110 to get a photo op with Melissa and Chyler at Emerald City Comic Con? It's tempting, buuuuuuuut I dunno about that.

$110? Wtf
What happened to appreciating fans? No? K.

It is the new way it is done. Hell, most of the time you need to pay for autographs as well. There are agencies that handle all of this and the money.

I remember looking at the prices for the Supernatural convention coming near here in a few weeks and was shocked at the prices, even just to get into the convention.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
$110? Wtf
What happened to appreciating fans? No? K.
Yeah, I've never done those photo ops or autographs before at a con, I'm a little shocked at how much they charge for those things.

You can do an autograph or just a picture for a lower price for each celeb. Melissa and Chyler are 50 for an autograph and 50 for a photo op separate, or 110 for a photo op together and still another 100 for both autographs.

As much as I love those guys I would not pay money to take my picture with them.
Yeah, the more I think about it, it's like, what's the point? I can just walk past the line and see them anyway.

Joni

I liked Smythe, I liked the burrial ritual. Otherwise it felt kinda mediocre. Don't feel the hype for Alexander's direction.

anaron

I liked Smythe, I liked the burrial ritual. Otherwise it felt kinda mediocre. Don't feel the hype for Alexander's direction.

I mean I think it's incredible what she's doing for female directors in the industry but yeah, honestly, she's pretty unremarkable. Punisher WZ was trash and I've been waiting to see something impressive but alas...

also it's confirmed that
Livewire
is the villain alongside Silver Banshee.

http://supergirl.tv/100-s-bts-images-of-crossover

ZeroX03

Banned
005_Supergirl_WorldsFinest_Crossover.jpg

Smiles, everyone!

ZeroX03

Banned
Cons are generally awful. I'd probably hit up Heroes and Villains if I had the chance because it's very fan and panel focused and is heavily Arrowverse oriented, but most are usually just a chance for organizers to bleed sweaty nerds dry. Just the smell and heat in those places, I can't do it.

If you met a celeb, just talk to them like a normal person and ask insightful questions. That's a more satisfying experience than standing in line for hours to get the same photo as everyone else.

Are you talking onscreen or offscreen?

both obvs

Toa TAK

Banned
Hank Henshaw has a thankless job, man.

And mah boy Jimmy nailed it with his lecture to Kara, even if he did realize his message through Miss Mixed Messages herself: "Let's be good people as I undermine my assistant" Cat Grant. But wtf man, abandon that Lane girl already, fuck that "permission" nonsense.

Joni

Hank Henshaw has a thankless job, man.

And mah boy Jimmy nailed it with his lecture to Kara, even if he did realize his message through Miss Mixed Messages herself: "Let's be good people as I undermine my assistant" Cat Grant. But wtf man, abandon that Lane girl already, fuck that "permission" nonsense.

He basically cheated on her with Superman, it might be normal that she is hesistant about him hanging out with Supergirl.

$20 says Melissa Benoist has more chemistry with Grant Gustin than her own husband.
That wouldn't be a real challenge anyway. I don't think I have seen many people having bad chemistry with Gustin.

It's pretty much impossible for someone to not have chemistry with Grant Gustin, unless the person is an actual piece of wood.

I feel the same thing about Jake Johnson. Everything I see him in, he seems to have chemistry with just about everything in the room. How does Nick Miller do it!?

Joni

It's pretty much impossible for someone to not have chemistry with Grant Gustin, unless the person is an actual piece of wood.

That natural chemistry is very funny if he is playing a gay guy being angry at someone playing a lesbian. Even then sparks flew. Made for someone awesome Glee scenes back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom