• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl renewed - moving to the CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

I really hope they don't integrate it with the Arrowverse stuff - I'm looking forward to giving Supergirl a try but really don't want to bother with any of the other CW shows.

Effect

I would have rather had Constantine.

NBC is still holding on to it I think which is annoying as well. CW wants to use the character I believe but they can't out side of that one episode deal. He would have likely been a big part of this season if they could have gotten him for more episodes.

Kevinroc

Glad to see Supergirl renewed. Curious as to how the sure to happen budget cuts will effect the series beyond the production moving to Vancouver.

Tk6L4Pw.gif

Why are people so down on Legends? It's better than Arrow that's for sure. Arrow is closer to running its course, I'd nominate that for ending.

But also, screw it lets have 4 DC shows on CW (and a fifth one coming to NBC, hope that's arrowverse somehow too).

I imagine they'd probably try to do a crisis thing to bring the universes together, whats the point if they're on the same channel that loves to cross over constantly and not do that?

Supergirl makes 5 on The CW. I know it's not part of the universe, but iZombie is also a DC property.

is this show really that good? i've watched the first 5 episodes on netflix and i stopped cause i see nothing interesting in it really
It starts slow even though I loved it right from the beginning, but once it changes to a more serial vibe it became the best ongoing TV series imo I'm pissed how CBS shitty schedule screwed it.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
This is better than a regular renewal. This show should have been on CW from the beginning. Fans win again.

It's a better fit for The CW anyway. The big question I have is where in the world is The CW going to place this on their schedule? They renewed everything this year, so what day do they have room for a full season of Supergirl on?

If this fucks up iZombie (the best DC show on TV) in any way, I will be pissed.
Not every show is 20-25 eps on the CW, I really wish more shows would adopt the 13-16 ep seasons as it helps to cut A LOT of filler.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I could imagine them doing SOMETHING like that, but no way they're dropping the supergirl name and outfit to match the comics. If they have the supergirl name, no chance they're dropping it.

I'd keep the Supergirl name for sure, but just use the concept.

Hmm, I thought CBS would still pick it up with the show moving to Vancouver to keep costs down. Still, happy it's renewed. I'd say it's been better than Flash S2 overall, and I already bailed on Arrow and Legends.

JSevere

well there it is

curious, does this have any implications rights-wise? Is the show freed from CBS streaming hell so we can expect it on Netflix/Hulu in a few months or nah

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I really hope they don't integrate it with the Arrowverse stuff - I'm looking forward to giving Supergirl a try but really don't want to bother with any of the other CW shows.

As "connected" as The CW shows are, you can enjoy them all separately. Flash and Arrow crossover once a year, and sprinkle guest spots very sparringly. But they're largely independent of each other. I would say that Legends of Tomorrow is the only show that expects that you have some familiarity with the other DC shows, and even that explains everything that some people might have missed.

It isn't like in comics where there is an editor's note about getting the full explanation of something in the other series. They stay in their own bubbles and then have their yearly event and move apart again.

Nabs

This is pretty good news. I hope they use this opportunity to trim the fat.

I'm just going to need that Music Meister crossover event.

sammex

Great news. It's really cheesy but I enjoy it's light-heartedness like the Flash. Also it being on the CW means it'll likely run for more than just another season.

Boke1879

I think this show will do better on the CW. I also think it'll attract a good audience as well. The crossover potential is great as well.

Paznos

Wow they're actually doing it, I wonder if this means more crossovers and what it means for the other arrowverse shows story wise if anything.

Ricker

Great,at least its coming back...Benoist deserve a few more seasons as Supergirl,she is perfect for the role.

firelogic

Them all being in the same universe really doesn't change things in the overall picture. You don't have to follow any of the other shows as whenever there's a crossover, it's a one-off that really has no impact on the on-going story for each show. You can still have Supergirl a part of the universe and never watch a single episode of Arrow, Flash, or Legends.

Calista Flockhart — who, despite being adamant about working in L.A., agreed to remain on the series with its move to Vancouver.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The best part of this is it will be easier to catch up on episodes of Supergirl because they'll presumably be on Hulu and The CW's website (which puts up new episodes for free).

Extremely premature, but can we consider this a Season 3 renewal as well? The ratings are going to be great by CW standards, they'll tighten up the budget, and CW doesn't cancel things anymore lol

Ophelion

I'm glad she survived. Kara's show is the only thing in film today that seems to understand what the House of El is about at all. I would've been heartbroken to lose it.

Rafy

I knew it. It's not like both networks aren't owned by the same company. I quite like the show and it would have been a pity to see it cancelled. Here comes the first DC TV Universe Crisis.

Boke1879

The best part of this is it will be easier to catch up on episodes of Supergirl because they'll presumably be on Hulu and The CW's website (which puts up new episodes for free).

Extremely premature, but can we consider this a Season 3 renewal as well? The ratings are going to be great by CW standards, they'll tighten up the budget, and CW doesn't cancel things anymore lol

Yea I think it'll have a good consistent audience on CW. Flash and Supergirl and pretty similar tonally so I assume that viewership will crossover quite a bit. Question is what day and time will they put this show on?

I didn't really tune into Supergirl because it came on at the same time Gotham did and S2 of Gotham has been amazing. So that's something they'd have to figure out.

blakep267

I say move Legends of tomorrow to a Spring Summer show and have Supergirl on Monday, Flash on Tuesday, Arrow on Wednesday & Supernatural on Thursday. With Izombie, Jane the virgin etc sprinkled throughout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom