• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

I care. Love both the movies and the tv shows. I and I know people who do too.
I'm talking about the general audience who only show up at the cinema. while there is an overlap i doubt the average person that just watch the movies care or even know about what's going on in CW. I'm not saying there aren't fans of both.

abundant

I care. Love both the movies and the tv shows. I and I know people who do too.

But that doesn't make what he said wrong. The majority of movie goers do not care about a show on the CW. The ratings prove this to be true. It's also the main reason why Agents of Shield should never influence what goes on in the MCU, because the majority of people who go see the movies, do not watch AoS.

Joni

Why couldn't we have Blue beetle anyway it wouldn't make Ray great but at least it doesn't feel like cheap Iron man.
They were going for him in the second season but they got denied in the third. So you see a lot of Kord in the second season.

Chase17

Jimmy seems to be the weak link of the show. Hopefully they will give him a decent plot line at some point.

I mean the harsh journalist guy was speaking the truth all episode.

IconGrist

But that doesn't make what he said wrong. The majority of movie goers do not care about a show on the CW. The ratings prove this to be true. It's also the main reason why Agents of Shield should never influence what goes on in the MCU, because the majority of people who go see the movies, do not watch AoS.

I'm a bit iffy on the details but aren't ratings a bad way to tell nowadays? I don't have any numbers but from what I understand streaming is a huge thing so I would imagine there's a sizable chunk who watch these shows at their convenience rather than when they air.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm a bit iffy on the details but aren't ratings a bad way to tell nowadays? I don't have any numbers but from what I understand streaming is a huge thing so I would imagine there's a sizable chunk who watch these shows at their convenience rather than when they air.

I'd say that's true. But it would also make the case for not having movies that rely on tv knowledge. Stream watchers are all at different places. Some binge a season in a week, others might make it last for months. A week to week tv watcher is probably on the latest episode, maybe a few weeks behind.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tied up in other projects was the given answer. Some assumed movies. Some assumed the Titans TV show, which is totally happening. Totally.

Yeah well since then the Titans show is officially dead and a Booster Gold + Blue Beetle movie is being developed. It's movies.

Finaika

What's the probability of a Supergirl DCEU movie happening in the future?

Or at least as a guest star in a Superman/JL movie.

ZeroX03

Banned
What's the probability of a Supergirl DCEU movie happening in the future?

Or at least as a guest star in a Superman/JL movie.

Extremely unlikely for the former, unlikely for the latter unless the DCEU explodes and there's huge demand for more movies.

Your obsession with a comic book character is disturbing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The only scenario where I see us getting a Supergirl movie in the near future is if Wonder Woman is a huge success and that causes them to comb through their catalog of female heroes in a rush to capitalize on that.

Heck, I'd take a Supergirl or Batgirl animated film at this point but we can't even get that. The closest they've come is Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (which was good) and the first 30 minutes of Batman: The Killing Joke (which was bad).

Volimar

Uh its a Supergirl thread...

9nohQh4.jpg

Zero is obsessed with Reverse Flash

jph139

Jimmy seems to be the weak link of the show. Hopefully they will give him a decent plot line at some point.

I mean the harsh journalist guy was speaking the truth all episode.

I know right? I'm like, you're shitting on Snapper Carr because... he was being mean to an employee who wrote an awful article and doesn't understand how to do her job? I mean, guy's a dick, but he doesn't have time to babysit someone with absolutely zero journalistic experience or skill. Girl should be going to night classes not complaining to Jimmy.

The whole "comeuppance" scene at the end just came off as petty to me.

I know right? I'm like, you're shitting on Snapper Carr because... he was being mean to an employee who wrote an awful article and doesn't understand how to do her job? I mean, guy's a dick, but he doesn't have time to babysit someone with absolutely zero journalistic experience or skill. Girl should be going to night classes not complaining to Jimmy.

The whole "comeuppance" scene at the end just came off as petty to me.

The point of that scene was that it was a response to Snapper overstepping his authority when taking over the staff meeting, not for how he treated Kara.

jph139

The point of that scene was that it was a response to Snapper overstepping his authority when taking over the staff meeting, not for how he treated Kara.

RIGHT, completely forgot about that.

I mean, still an incredibly unprofessional way to deal with that whole situation, but I'm not holding CW characters to actual human emotional standards.

Toa TAK

Banned
Hey

HEY

This was a fantastic episode, and easily one of the best of the series so far. Some interesting commentary here due to the alien issue. All the threads played well on the theme. If Supergirl keeps this up it can rival the best of Arrow and Flash.

ZeroX03

Banned
#2.06 "Changing" Synopsis
THE GUARDIAN DEBUTS IN NATIONAL CITY – The Guardian debuts to lend a hand after a parasite alien drains Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) of her power. Mon-El (Chris Wood) considers a less than desirable new career which then leads him to contemplate his motives. Alex (Chyler Leigh) struggles with a new reality. Andrew Kreisberg and Caitlin Parris wrote the script based on the story by Greg Beranti. The episode was directed by Larry Teng.

Interesting choice of writers, I guess this is a big episode.

Edit: ohhhhhhh I just realized
Guardian isn't the big deal and why Berlanti did the screenplay, it's because this is Alex's coming out episode. Pretty slick hiding it behind a big hero debut.

Joni

#2.06 "Changing" Synopsis

Interesting choice of writers, I guess this is a big episode.

Edit: ohhhhhhh I just realized
Guardian isn't the big deal and why Berlanti did the screenplay, it's because this is Alex's coming out episode. Pretty slick hiding it behind a big hero debut.

Jimmy keeps winning. Can't even get the focus in his debut.

ZeroX03

Banned
New episode tonight.

#2.04 "Survivors"
Episode Promo
Steamy Sneak Peek
HANK AND M’GANN GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER; AN ALIEN FIGHT CLUB RUN BY ROULETTE GRABS SUPERGIRL’S ATTENTION — When Kara (Melissa Benoist) and Alex (Chyler Leigh) investigate the murder of an unregistered alien, the trail leads to an alien fight club run by Roulette (guest star Dichen Lachman), the ringmaster who commands aliens to fight in mortal combat for the entertainment of rich humans. While trying to stop the fighting, Supergirl and Martian Manhunter find themselves up against a surprising opponent. Meanwhile, Hank (David Harewood) is thrilled to have found another Martian and tries to get to know H'Alo M’Gann (guest star Sharon Leal) better. Supergirl takes Mon-El (Chris Wood) under her wing and begins to train him. James Marshall directed the episode, written by Paula Yoo & Eric Carrasco.
spg204b-0286r-207951.jpg

Also, if you think that same sex couple is steamy...

tim1138

I finally watched last week's episode last night. I was surprised by the changes they made to Daxam, the xenophobia angle from the comics would have played perfectly off the alien amensty story they ran. I was also surprised Mon-El is actually is name and they ditched the Lar Gand name. This is still the best of the shows this season, Kara is just pure joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom