• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how hypercompetent Snapper is. He is like completely right.
I imagine this is what Snapper would be if they ever aged him up in the comics. The last time i read anything with him in it was 52 Aftermath, and he's got the right amount sarcasm and dickishness going for him here

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I love how hypercompetent Snapper is. He is like completely right.

I think they've got that character in a good place. Instead of being a work foil that Kara proves wrong, he's genuinely making her a better journalist. I guess the only problem is that I can't see them ever connecting on a person level. Which is fine for his character, but I wonder where Kara is going to get her life advice from. Hopefully not the holograph of her mom...

Poor Jimmy about to get replaced with that Alien Dick w/ the alien dick.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Dumping Jimmy is the best thing they did.

We now have a proven pattern for CW shows in regards to established love interests.

Flash Season 2: Bye Iris, Hello Patty
Supergirl Season 2: Bye Jimmy, Hello Alien Fratboy
Arrow Season 2: Bye Laurel, Hello Every Straight Woman in Starling City

Jimmy does feel superfluous at this point. Actually, Kara's personal life in general seems to have been squashed. I guess there isn't time. Catco Kara gets journalism lessons from Snapper, DEO Kara has aliens to punch, Winn has DEO computer magic to do, Alex has her own subplot, and Martian Manhunter is getting dating tips.

Joni

We now have a proven pattern for CW shows in regards to established love interests.

Flash Season 2: Bye Iris, Hello Patty
Supergirl Season 2: Bye Jimmy, Hello Alien Fratboy
Arrow Season 2: Bye Laurel, Hello Every Straight Woman in Starling City

Jimmy does feel superfluous at this point. Actually, Kara's personal life in general seems to have been squashed. I guess there isn't time. Catco Kara gets journalism lessons from Snapper, DEO Kara has aliens to punch, Winn has DEO computer magic to do, Alex has her own subplot, and Martian Manhunter is getting dating tips.

And every time it was for the better.

Is Max Lord off the show too?

It looks like it. It is strange because he did promo for season 2, so he might do some small appearances once he has time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kinda hate how weak they portrait Kara lately...i get why they do it but come on.

Also....4 episodes in...James has been in like 4 minutes in total ? lol wonder when hes gonna die.

iosefe

Kinda hate how weak they portrait Kara lately...i get why they do it but come on.

Also....4 episodes in...James has been in like 4 minutes in total ? lol wonder when hes gonna die.
Keep him off the show long enough for people to not care about his old characterization or forget it.

Allows to character reboot better

cw_sasuke

Keep him off the show long enough for people to not care about his old characterization or forget it.

Allows to character reboot better

I agree - he was really useless in S1.

Dont know how they could improve him though...he has no powers lol. Is the Kara x James thing something that happens in the comic too ?

MartyStu

I agree - he was really useless in S1.

Dont know how they could improve him though...he has no powers lol. Is the Kara x James thing something that happens in the comic too ?

No. Not that they have shown any inclination toward sticking to 'canon' couples that do not work.

Kara is more often than not paired with Braniac 5.

cw_sasuke

No. Not that they have shown any inclination toward sticking to 'canon' couples that do not work.

Kara is more often than not paired with Braniac 5.

Yikes...yeah i dont think James can be redeemed - thought he had some kind of plot shield going on so they would have to make him relevant again. Dont think that will be necessary.

MartyStu

Yikes...yeah i dont think James can be redeemed - thought he had some kind of plot shield going on so they would have to make him relevant again. Dont think that will be necessary.

Looks to me like they intend to do a full scale re-tooling. This is a good idea.

Cafeman

Maybe all the lead that is around is making Mon El weaker than he truly is. Can he write with a pencil? What about old lead paint? Use a computer or stand next to old lead pipes?

This show really does have too many characters sometimes. What happened to Faran Tahir's character in the pilot? He showed up that once then never again.

MartyStu

He's like the Papa flash of the Supergirl. He adds nothing of value but instead makes the show less appealing.

You talking about Joe? Because if so, you need to leave.

If you are talking about Barry's actual dad, then yes, he was pointless most of the time.

cw_sasuke

Joe and Cat are invincible in Arrowverse....cant hate them, they are too good.

cw_sasuke

Joe is a bit too on the nose nowadays. After three seasons, Barry shouldn't need that much assistance.

Nah Joe is just fine considering all the family Drama he had to handle the last 2 seasons.

Sober

This show really does have too many characters sometimes. What happened to Faran Tahir's character in the pilot? He showed up that once then never again.
I also miss that DEO chick from season 1 who was just always there when she was needed but never had her own plot. Gotta get some of those background characters back dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom