• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
I could already imagine

alg-glee-neil-patrick-harris-jpg.jpg
Well, that's sexy to someone I'm sure. It looks like they're in pain.

We need a Kara and Iris duet.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Why have they got Cyborg Superman with that silly Phantom of the Opera mask when his CGI'd face looks a lot better?

Also, when he said Cyborg Superman out loud, I winced.

Platy

So is alex either the worst written lesbian character ever made or she is just a dick ?

"i only came out of the closet for you and you dumped me so now I don't need to be a lesbian anymore"

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK are those writers thinking ?

Setsuna

So is alex either the worst written lesbian character ever made or she is just a dick ?

"i only came out of the closet for you and you dumped me so now I don't need to be a lesbian anymore"

Thats not what happened

Da-Kid

Why have they got Cyborg Superman with that silly Phantom of the Opera mask when his CGI'd face looks a lot better?

Also, when he said Cyborg Superman out loud, I winced.
I didn't get that either... What was the point?

Also, they could have introduced his name a little more better than that without him outright naming himself that.

For example.

Kara: "What happened to you? How are you still alive? What are you?"

Hank: "Because of that Martian menace, most of my body was destroyed. But Cadmus revived me and put me back together, but not in the same way as before. I'm a cyborg now, with the strength of Superman. I've never felt more alive. *throws Supergirl*

ZeroX03

Banned

No, she's emotional and irrational as a result of being repressed for 30 years. Maggie spells it out, Alex is way too new to it all, it's like a second puberty.

Shaanyboi

Banned

....is that seriously how you read what's going on with her?

Platy

No, she's emotional and irrational as a result of being repressed for 30 years. Maggie spells it out, Alex is way too new to it all, it's like a second puberty.

A second puberty, not a second being a 13 year old =P
She is still a rational adult ... or should be

....is that seriously how you read what's going on with her?

from the "don't go search for guardian" parking lot scene basicaly yeah

It sounded that she didn't come out because fuck yeah she is being herself .. sounded like she came out because that was part 1 of the "get the girl" plan and since the plan failed...

anaron

A second puberty, not a second being a 13 year old =P
She is still a rational adult ... or should be

from the "don't go search for guardian" parking lot scene basicaly yeah

It sounded that she didn't come out because fuck yeah she is being herself .. sounded like she came out because that was part 1 of the "get the girl" plan and since the plan failed...
uh no?

it's called embarrassment and shame. She humiliated herself and because the girl who made her feel these things -- and admit it to herself and her sister -- rejected her advances, she wanted to bottle it all up and pretend it didn't happen.

Platy

uh no?

it's called embarrassment and shame. She humiliated herself and because the girl who made her feel these things -- and admit it to herself and her sister -- rejected her advances, she wanted to bottle it all up and pretend it didn't happen.

Still pretty shit character development that goes completely outside of her character

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Even if you read Alex as being sorta immature about this situation, it still makes sense. She doesn't have any real experience with dating. She obsessed about her work and just sorta shoulder shrugged why she never really hit it off with any guys. She hasn't built up that experience you get from "dating around." You gotta get done dirty and do some dirt to get to that point. She isn't a complete novice but damn close. If you take a 30 year old who has never been on a date, I bet you'll see some similarities with a 16 year old in the same position.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, she came out for someone else (i.e. the wrong reasons) rather than herself. It's not a wise move from a personal perspective, but it's absolutely something people do.

Even if you read Alex as being sorta immature about this situation, it still makes sense. She doesn't have any real experience with dating. She obsessed about her work and just sorta shoulder shrugged why she never really hit it off with any guys. She hasn't built up that experience you get from "dating around." You gotta get done dirty and do some dirt to get to that point. She isn't a complete novice but damn close. If you take a 30 year old who has never been on a date, I bet you'll see some similarities with a 16 year old in the same position.

Delayed romantic/emotional maturity because of previously suppressed or ignored feelings is also definitely a thing that happens.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyway let's ignore Platy being wrong, and get ready for the MID SERIES FINALE AND CROSSOVER BEGINNING TONIGHT!!

#2.08 "Medusa"
Crossover Trailer
Crossover Trailer #2
Sneak Peek
Sneak Peek #2
A NIGHT OF CONFESSIONS; THE EPIC SUPERHERO CROSSOVER KICKS OFF TONIGHT — Eliza (guest star Helen Slater) comes to town to celebrate Thanksgiving with her daughters. Alex (Chyler Leigh) decides it’s time to come out to her mother; Kara (Melisa Benoist) is shocked when Eliza suggests Mon-El (Chris Wood) has feelings for her, because she once again can't read basic romantic signals. Winn (Jeremy Jordan) and James (Mehcad Brooks) consider telling Kara the truth about the Guardian. Meanwhile, CADMUS unleashes a virus that instantly kills any alien in the vicinity so Kara enlists an unexpected ally – Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath). The epic superhero crossover kicks off tonight when Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) and Cisco Ramon (guest star Carlos Valdes) seek Kara’s help with an alien Invasion! on their Earth.
Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Jessica Queller & Derek Simon.
supergirl-208-medusa-b-0014r-212286.jpg

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Kara (Melisa Benoist) is shocked when Eliza suggests Mon-El (Chris Wood) has feelings for her, because she once again can't read basic romantic signals.

Is that from an official description? Because that's very funny (and true).

EDIT: Oh, just found the original online. Nice edit.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Kara is the Mount Doom of The CW. If you think of mounting her, you are DOOMED. The NEW Legion of Doom is just going be broken people who have been discarded and sent to the zone from which there is no escape...The Friend Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom