• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

tumblr_oh0xd2Fm071rujkd6o1_1280.jpg
FUCK

Melissa lookin' like she bout to drop a mixtape

Khezu

I didn't watch season 1, wasn't Jimmy/Kara a thing they were doing?
Or did they dump that.

I though I remember Flash telling her to go for it.

Also is Cold no longer a regular on LoT?
I haven't seen him in any of the promos.

Or did they dump that.

They dumped Kara/Jimmy like a hot pocket in the first episode of this season.

Captain Cold is a CW series regular. He's on the payroll and can float between all the shows as needed.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Or did they dump that.

They dropped the Jimmy/Kara thing faster than Barry can screw up time.

And Cold is now on some weird contract where he can appear on any Berlanti show, but he's not a series regular anymore.

Okay: New theory here-

White Martians aren't a thing. At least not in this show's universe.

J'onn's story last year implied that the Green Martians didn't know anything about the White Martians until they came up from underground to kill the Green Martians.

J'onn is being mutated into a White Martian by something in M'Gann's blood.

M'Gann said the White Aliens - not White Martians -created various ways to wipe out the Green Martians.

White Martians are a slave race created by some other race using a mutanegenic virus on the Green Martians. M'Gann has some form of resistance that allows her to suppress it.

jb1234

Is there anyone who cares about James Olsen at this point? His entire plotline is spectacularly lame. I'm also not happy they're pushing in the direction of a Kara/Mon-El romance when I think the characters would bounce off each other better as friends (and save us the melodrama).

The Alex material mostly worked and I especially liked her scene with Winn. He's become an incredibly reliable character in terms of just pairing him with someone and watching the chemistry (not romantic) flow.

Still not feeling the baddies this season, even if they're at least more threatening than last season's batch were.

ZeroX03

Banned
AV Club: B-

Okay that was a fun episode but boy they need to stop stuffing so many plotlines into a single episode. There's so little breathing room in these.

Maggie confirmed to make the right decision in rejecting Alex. She's (understandably) still reacting like an emotional teenager. She needs the time to adjust.

Jeremiah isn't cyborg Supes, but Daivd Harewood. So Harewood for big bad huh? At least it'd be someone who can actually act so that's nice. And he didn't have to job for once! Oh and what was up with the metal mask over the metal eye?

Guardian scenes are fun to watch and Winn's narration is great but the substance isn't there yet.

Winn and Jimmy looking at Mon-El like "you done fucked up falling in love kid".

Christ, was that an OZ reference in this show?

Sure was. Would've been weird/funny if they mentioned Prison Break instead.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A flashforward to start the episode, that's different for this show. And then switching back and forth between what happened during the robbery that Guardian stopped and the group talking in the bar. I see you, Supergirl Writers Room. I see you.

- I really like Alex this season
- "I am Cyborg Superman." Uhh...why exactly? You're Hank Henshaw but you don't look like Superman lol. It makes no sense.
- Guardian is pretty dope. The arc to get James there is a little weak but I like his alter ego.
- Nth metal and Thanagar name drop!
- Lilian Luthor. Well there it is.
- Mon-El's aversion to lead! Never thought they'd bother with that since he's sorta just been Mon-El in name only.
- Guess Kara isn't a fan of VR helmets either

I'd be perfectly okay if they did more episodes like this where Supergirl gets the 'A' plot and Guardian gets the 'B' plot. I enjoyed this episode overall. It was nice to see them end at the apartment and just show everyone hanging out.

I don't like Mon-El and Kara as more than just friends.

Sorry for being late to the thread but just got an account only two questions about Season 2 because I haven't watched because of other responsibilities(and because I heard less Cat Grant)
1) Is it improved or the same level of quality, I did like the first season just fine just wondering
2) How is the dynamic with Superman working

ZeroX03

Banned
Sorry for being late to the thread but just got an account only two questions about Season 2 because I haven't watched because of other responsibilities(and because I heard less Cat Grant)
1) Is it improved or the same level of quality, I did like the first season just fine just wondering
2) How is the dynamic with Superman working

Show is better, more Whedon style, lack of Cat hurts but overall it's improved. Not quite up to Arrow and Flash's heights, still inconsistent.

Superman was done well.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Okay this was about what I was expecting, will definitely watch asap and give impressions

If you liked Season 1, you'll like this. They dropped some plotlines and cleaned the slate a bit, but the show as a whole is much stronger.

Superman is dope. Really like him in the role. Cat Grant is missed but they've sorta pulled back from Catco and focus more on the DEO now, so it isn't something that is glaringly obvious.

If you liked Season 1, you'll like this. They dropped some plotlines and cleaned the slate a bit, but the show as a whole is much stronger.

Superman is dope. Really like him in the role. Cat Grant is missed but they've sorta pulled back from Catco and focus more on the DEO now, so it isn't something that is glaringly obvious.

Yeah it's been a rather great season so far, much stronger overall. And I really enjoy how they seem more confident in "the universe" being bigger now with more "known" things getting introduced to newcomers and characters getting mentioned/setup and/or getting in the show with the new characters around Kara's team and some of the new villains/organizations/questionable types that have shown up.

And Superman was great. Looking forward to whenever he'll be back.

It's actually even more impressive when realizing it's despite much less Cat, since she was such a key factor in some of the strengths of the first season.

I actually think the breakneck pacing has made it pretty consistent, it feels like it's always moving now, though I suppose there have been a few times where it could be said it somewhat rushed something that could have been longer.

That's really cool. Guess TV gets the Hall and the movies get the actual Watchtower in space giving how things are potentially going there.

Yeah, looks like this might be the case.

So they let Kara out of the cage to do the heat vision thing...and she actually does it instead of knocking the two mooks and old lady out?

...and the robot in the fortress who totally didn't need Kara's blood to identify her previously suddenly cannot tell who is really there?

Toa TAK

Banned
So they let Kara out of the cage to do the heat vision thing...and she actually does it instead of knocking the two mooks and old lady out?

...and the robot in the fortress who totally didn't need Kara's blood to identify her previously suddenly cannot tell who is really there?
Yup.

Though, I can't tell which was worse, those issues or I AM CYBORG SUPERMAN.

There was nothing natural about that at all.

Lyonaz

We need a bromance episode with James, Winn and Mon-El getting drunk over Kara.

Also Alex is mighty fine, she made me realize I have a thing for women in tactical gear.

Cafeman

Is Mon-el as fast and strong as kryptonians? Doesn't appear that way.

I wonder if he will get lead poisoning and get picked up by the Legion? Great opportunity to show more of their members, and would be a spinoff I'd watch!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is Mon-el as fast and strong as kryptonians? Doesn't appear that way.

I wonder if he will get lead poisoning and get picked up by the Legion? Great opportunity to show more of their members, and would be a spinoff I'd watch!

I hope Mon-El makes it to Legends at some point.

jwk94

"Where've you been bro? We gotta get this guy."

Christ, the delivery here hurt. That doesn't even seem like something he would say.

Joni

I'm still not convinced Chyler Leigh isn't just repeating her Grey's Anatomy storyline with the cop instead of McSteamy.

Joni

You mean the one with Alex and Jo and now DeLuca and Jo?

I do really enjoy all the "doctor show" jokes on this show, though.

No, that is Camilla Luddington. I mean the one where Lexie (Chyler) realizes she is in love with McSteamy and she acts really immature when he is dating someone else.

Why in the hell did this top secret government agent let that man walk out by himself? I didn't buy that. They would'nt actually had let him leave and conducted those tests like J'onn wanted to. I have to say Jimmy's voice does sound cool in the armor despite me thinking it's really lame for him to become a superhero too.

I would've thought Kara would've thought to fight Parasite from long distance after her first encounter, but nope she still went fisticuffs. J'onn still seems to be in bad shape. Wasn't his hand bleeding?

WedgeX

Banned
Show is better, more Whedon style, lack of Cat hurts but overall it's improved. Not quite up to Arrow and Flash's heights, still inconsistent.

Superman was done well.

With this in mind I've decided that whenever Powergirl shows up she needs to be British.

MartyStu

Just catching up now:

Is Kara bonding with Lena over racism? Like Lena's position is actually reasonable-ish but Kara is just being a bigot.

Edit:

Almost caught up:

Lena seems to have chemistry with everyone in the entire cast. And I mean everyone.

Edit 2:

Alex is down with the Lady Cave? Groovy. Welcome to the club! We have complimentary playboys.

Joni

Is Kara bonding with Lena over racism? Like Lena's position is actually reasonable-ish but Kara is just being a bigot.

It is hard to grow over stereotypes if these two planets lived in almost constant war. Like, the French probably didn't the Germans around 1945.

Corpekata

Banned
The Cyborg Superman line was indeed a huge clunker. It either needed better context contrasting him with Superman, as we only really saw he was strong, or he needed to be dubbed it by another character like Winn.

Or just not at all. You don't gotta namedrop EVERY comic book name of a character on the show.

anaron

mess of an episode. Felt really cluttered and rushed. Wonder if the crossover fudged it up a bit.

They should've made Hank Henshaw British (as Harewood is) to better distinguish him from J'onn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom