• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched S2 Supergirl since episode 1.
Too busy with work so I only pick one Berlanti show (Flash)
. Someone please explain why Alex is mad at Kara.

She's not. James is considering telling her that he's
Guardian,
and Alex is hinting that it's probably not a good idea.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Lol, that preview makes me think
that breaches are just going to open up at weird moments and then at the last minute Barry and Cisco will pop through. Like literally the last minute of the episode.

Cafeman

So Alex is drunk again on a holiday. That opening
breach
reminded me of an older british show called Primeval. Maybe a Pterodactyl will pop out. Or maybe Mr. Mxyzptlk. But probably
The Flash

I kind of don't like the crossovers. They are just interruptions to the main show's story and the writing has always been unimpressive, as far as I can remember. Sorry to be Debbie Downer.

abundant

Lol, that preview makes me think
that breaches are just going to open up at weird moments and then at the last minute Barry and Cisco will pop through. Like literally the last minute of the episode.

I'd be shocked if that's not how it goes down. We've known that Supergirl (the show) will have very little to do with the crossover.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So Alex is drunk again on a holiday. That opening
breach
reminded me of an older british show called Primeval. Maybe a Pterodactyl will pop out. Or maybe Mr. Mxyzptlk. But probably
The Flash

I kind of don't like the crossovers. They are just interruptions to the main show's story and the writing has always been unimpressive, as far as I can remember. Sorry to be Debbie Downer.

I remember that show! I think SyFy used to show it here in the US, and I only watched it because I had a huge crush on Hannah Spearritt, like since S Club 7 lmao

I feel you. I'm cool with it this year cause none of the shows wasted anytime building up to the crossover.

Joni

I remember that show! I think SyFy used to show it here in the US, and I only watched it because I had a huge crush on Hannah Spearritt, like since S Club 7 lmao

I feel you. I'm cool with it this year cause none of the shows wasted anytime building up to the crossover.

That was a good reason to watch the show, she and her ex boyfriend made the show.

This show with retaining names but don't make any sense in context with what's actually happening

Mon El? Still Doesn't make sense

Cyborg Superman? Doesn't make sense (unless Hank decides to change his body to something that looks like the dude who played Supes earlier in the season and he is revealed publicly as a phony). Like why would you even say Cyborg Superman out loud

Skux

Cyborg Superman? Doesn't make sense (unless Hank decides to change his body to something that looks like the dude who played Supes earlier in the season and he is revealed publicly as a phony). Like why would you even say Cyborg Superman out loud

Yeah this was way too on the nose. Just leave it up to the audience to figure it out, it's pretty obvious anyway.

This show with retaining names but don't make any sense in context with what's actually happening

Mon El? Still Doesn't make sense

With how fast and loose they handle naming, calling him Eradicator would've been neater.

Grizzlyjin

That part actually did make me laugh out loud while watching the episode. It's like someone read the first couple lines of his wikipedia and then threw it in a script.

It works in a sense. He sees himself as humanity's protector, keeping the aliens at bay.

Humans have accepted an alien Superman, but now he's stepping up to be a human Superman, made of mankind's own resourcefulness. A replacement for Superman to show the world that they don't need aliens.

From his own twisted logic, he's the true Superman. It doesn't matter whether or not he resembles Kal-El.

Yeah, I'm still pulling for the to get Rachel, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend isn't getting an extended order this season and by the time they do that episode CXG's filming will have been complete for a while I think.

Should have gone with the briefly used M'Onel spelling.
Yeah, I brought it up a while back and I wish they had at the very least done that.
Another preview clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsg7EBcZef0
Why does Cyborg Superman look like the Phantom of the Opera?
Yeaah, that looks bad,
I mean it was under his skin/inside him last week, wth?
That preview also came off as incomplete to me.
You might be onto something here, actually.

Aren't we supposed to be having a musical episode here, soon?

Back half of the season.

Yeaah, that looks bad,
I mean it was under his skin/inside him last week, wth?
That preview also came off as incomplete to me.

He had the mask at the end of last week's episode, then took it off to reveal the damage underneath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMgkm-UdNfQ

I think it's there as a mechanism for keeping budgets down- the more time the cybernetic parts are covered, the less money they have to spend on CGI.

Joni

Ooh that would be sexy.

I could already imagine

alg-glee-neil-patrick-harris-jpg.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
I'm not really sure what the face plate's purpose is from a practical standpoint. From a budgetary one, sure, but it's not like wearing it makes him look normal or not cyborgish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom