• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

The series has it's moments, but I'm not fond of all the relationship melodrama. They're trying really really hard to appeal to the female audience.

JSevere

Alex and Maggie finally got together :D

lead-in for the crossover was such a tease but hype nonetheless. Cisco still pissed lmao

The series has it's moments, but I'm not fond of all the relationship melodrama. They're trying really really hard to appeal to the female audience.

Technically they were doing pretty good at not having much of it (not any more than Arrow/Flash) until the last ep or two this season, unlike last season.

This ep literally had the most they've done all season.

WedgeX

Banned
Guess I need to go and start complaining about the Barry/Crisco stuff in the other thread.

Sad that they decided that the worst part about the Flash had to leak over into Supergirl.

It is absolutely ridiculous how fast super-mom literally fixed everything. Mon-El is fixed! J'onn is fixed! Alex's love life is fixed!

The pacing of this season has been fast in general but this episode really went through its plotlines way too fast.

Boke1879

Technically they were doing pretty good at not having much of it (not any more than Arrow/Flash) until the last ep or two this season, unlike last season.

This ep literally had the most they've done all season.

They probably had that planned since a lot of Flash and Arrow watchers would probably be tuning in.

I binged watched all of Supergirl in preparation for this and honestly outside of the last 2 episodes it really hasn't been bad.

Parch

I binged watched all of Supergirl in preparation for this and honestly outside of the last 2 episodes it really hasn't been bad.
Yeah, me too and I concur. They did a great job casting the lead role.
I'd prefer if it was more superhero-y with some better villain character development, but it's still a pretty good show.

Yeah, the next thing they need to do is beef up the villains now that season 2 got a lot more focused on the great fast-paced heroing side of the show.

They probably had that planned since a lot of Flash and Arrow watchers would probably be tuning in.

Yeah, it really wasn't that overly prominent until the last 2 eps, and I think this season has actually been pretty great so far. This was pretty much the first ep all season that I thought was weak.
Still fun though, and a nice twist with Lena actually following through on being a different Luthor.

Good double stinger tho with the ones after Mon-El and then the crossover stinger with Barry and Cisco.

That's what moms do man.

Explains why Barry keeps fucking up.

Ice cold...

4597385-0376405704-tumbl.gif

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Supergirl, Superman, Mon El, Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian

I think if they can develop this new alien enemy well, it could be a great, high stakes fight.

It is absolutely ridiculous how fast super-mom literally fixed everything. Mon-El is fixed! J'onn is fixed! Alex's love life is fixed!

The pacing of this season has been fast in general but this episode really went through its plotlines way too fast.

Merge the Earths then introduce Eliza to Joe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh man, that ending is the definition of tacked on. Even more than I expected.

The episode itself was great, one of the better episodes of the entire series. The big theme being family, of course. Kara finding out that her parents were involved with creating a weapon, Alex coming out to her mom, and Lena Luthor confronting her own mother. It all just clicked together really well for me, especially the fact that the virus wasn't stopped by any super-heroics, it was just Lena doing the right thing.

This is exactly what I like to see from a midseason finale. It wrapped up essentially every character arc in the show tightly and organically, and gave us a little tease for something coming up.

-J'onn is cured of the White Martian blood
- CADMUS is done, for now
- Alex is fully out and got the girl
- Mon-el and Kara kissed...finally...I guess...I'm not happy about this one lol

All the effects and stunt work in this episode got a noticeable boost too. Loved all of it. Oh, and I like that they were able to bring in Helen Slater for a guest spot not only in the context of it being a Thanksgiving episode but her helping out the DEO with the alien virus. She looks fantastic, hope we get more of Dr. Danvers helping the DEO in the future.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
am I crazy or are half of the characters pronouncing L Corp weirdly?

It should be "corp", like corporation, not "core" like they're saying its an army corps, right?

Luigi87

The real crossover is Flash/Arrow/Legends. This episode was always going to be the equivalent of a Marvel post-credits stinger.

Yep.
Actually it's funny, in Canada the main network that airs the shows is CTV. They only don't air Supergirl, so their ads even label it as a "Three part crossover event".

Skux

Yeah the Deus Ex Machina was way too strong in this one. Oh here's a virus that can be reverse-engineered to cure EVERYTHING!

It seems like they had to rush to resolve everything before the crossover rather than keeping it on hold and then come back to it afterward.

Also - if the virus was designed to kill non-Kryptonians, why doesn't it kill humans?

jb1234

I'm not even sure why they bothered to make J'onn a White Martian if they were going to reverse it that easily. It's not like he's learned anything from it. Definitely the most disappointing part of this episode. I'm not sure I'd classify this episode as rushed (compared to last week's) but it does feel like they were ticking all the boxes off instead of resolving them naturally.

I like that they're not making Lena evil (at least, not yet). CADMUS wasn't an especially interesting villain so at least they're moving on from that. And I'm cautiously optimistic about the crossover.

(I still hate Mon-El and Kara together and drawing it out longer is just making it worse.)

Don't worry. The crossover starts tomorrow. It's been known for awhile that Supergril really wasn't going to be a part of the crossover.

Well they advertised it as a 4 night crossover. I feel deceived. And all this romance melodrama garbage shows that this show has really became a part of the arrowverse lol.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
that was SHIT.

"supergirl crossover! eh, just kidding just a 30 seconds teaser for the next episode of flash."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom