• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is conveniently absent so she doesn't die. She will probably be back, they can try to cure her which fails or they might introduce those white aliens.

She's locked up at the DEO right now.

Depending on how isolated the DEO's air supply is, she might have survived the bombing from there even if Lena hadn't sabotaged it.

EDIT: oops

Joni

Huge missed opportunity this episode. Cyborg Superman knocks Supergirl over and says "Nobody is going to save you now" and then a portal opens up behind them. Perfect moment for the Flash to show up and save the day and yet nothing happens.

A bit too Deus ex machina.

She's locked up at the DEO right now.

Depending on how isolated the DEO's air supply is, she might have survived the bombing from there even if Lana hadn't sabotaged it.

Oops. Been too long so I forgot.

One thing that really bothers me is the lack of oomph Kara's punches have. The viewer and the person she's battling should feel the weight and power of her punches.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
At least we can all agree that Lena is the best.

I actually do like her now. Didn't at first but her character is fascinating now, and the actress learned how to do an American accent finally.

Skux

I actually do like her now. Didn't at first but her character is fascinating now, and the actress learned how to do an American accent finally.

Not so fast, that Irish lilt is still popping out like a mole. I don't mind though, Irish accent make me :eek:

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Not so fast, that Irish lilt is still popping out like a mole. I don't mind though, Irish accent make me :eek:

Lol yeah, she could make any accent work. I hope her character is straight up. A non-evil Luthor is refreshing.

For now. In Smallville, after all, Lex wasn't evil for a little while. I expect Lena to turn by the end of the season.

Meanwhile on Smallville, Tess Mercer (aka Lutessa Lena Luthor) started out evil and turned good.

Spoiler from Flash tonight:

The Dominators have invaded Krypton in the past

Yager

Banned
I hope they show Lex Luther on the show so Zack Synder can see how Lex Luther should be portrayed.

Do you have the need to talk shit about the DCEU in every DCTV thread? Seriously man.

Anyway, really liked last episode although everything moved TOO fast. Cyborg Superman (that's his name, Cyborg Superman) is hilarious. I hope they don't use that dumb mask again (but they will for budget reasons).

And the white martian plotline was a bit pointless. Nothing came out of there (at least for the moment). Despite that, this season has been great so far, my second favorite DCCW show.

So ... how did "Cyborg Superman" even enter the Fortress of Solitude? I know it's a bit late in the thread to bring it up, but the show never shows or explains how he picked up the key. He had Kara's blood yes, but to even get to the point where identification is needed he would need to pick up the infinity billion pound key (I forget the number and too lazy to google) that Superman made out of a dwarf star or some crazy bs.

Joni

So ... how did "Cyborg Superman" even enter the Fortress of Solitude? I know it's a bit late in the thread to bring it up, but the show never shows or explains how he picked up the key. He had Kara's blood yes, but to even get to the point where identification is needed he would need to pick up the infinity billion pound key (I forget the number and too lazy to google) that Superman made out of a dwarf star or some crazy bs.

It is not that heavy in the show and he manages to keep up with Kara, who also lifted up that key.

Menaged

And how did they know where it is, or better yet, how did Cadmus knew about Medusa...

tearsofash

Does Supergirl turn off her super hearing? Cause I feel like there's multiple times where people have been talking and she comes in and goes "What?"

I'm like....can't you hear everyone??

Grizzlyjin

Does Supergirl turn off her super hearing? Cause I feel like there's multiple times where people have been talking and she comes in and goes "What?"

*Puts on nerd hat*

It's probably a concentration thing. Some comic portrayals of Superman have depicted him as super smart and perceptive in addition to everything else but with this show we can just assume they're of average to above average intelligence. So she has the ability to hear it but she's kinda ditzy and isnt paying attention. Like when you're in a crowded restaurant and talking to your friends. You have the ability to hear the conversations of the other tables, but you're focused on one singular thing.

One of the Smallville nerds can correct me but I think that show depicted aspects of that with Clark having to learn how to focus new abilities.

Bluth54

I would think Supergirl and Superman would be able to turn off their super hearing (or at least only focus on certain conversations and ignore/drown out the rest). If they couldn't do that they would probably go crazy from hearing thousands of conversations at once.

Grizzlyjin

Sölf;225753097 said:
Question:

Is this episode in any way important for the crossover?

No. The crossover relevant scene is a little over a minute and it's recapped in the episode of Flash.

This episode is important if you watch Supergirl though, it was the midseason finale. Wrapped up a lot of plot threads.

Sölf

No, they even repeat the scene in The FLash.

No. The crossover relevant scene is a little over a minute and it's recapped in the episode of Flash.

This episode is important if you watch Supergirl though, it was the midseason finale. Wrapped up a lot of plot threads.

Thanks, going to watch that then. I want to watch the Crossover with a friend but he is pretty much behind on all Arrowverse shows except Legends at the moment. Then we skip this one.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Solid episode. Bit of a stretch to say the crossover started here, but whatever

Also, PLEASE bring back Clark
Also did they ever explain why the Medusa poison didn't kill humans? I was sure they would but I don't remember any resolution to that.

No, they did ask the question but never answered it. Cadmus most likely modified it.

Solid episode. Bit of a stretch to say the crossover started here, but whatever

Also, PLEASE bring back Clark

No, they did ask the question but never answered it. Cadmus most likely modified it.
There's more than just that last scene where the crossover starts. There are
breaches (that amount to nothing)
throughout the whole episode!

Effect

She lifted up a million ton object to space. Nothing she has done on Earth 1 comes close

Yeah. She just seems OP because there is really no one else around comparable to her on Earth 1. The closest is Firestorm and they're not going to show how powerful they are because of the budget. A budget which Supergirl herself is helping to drain even faster then normal. That alien mothership isn't helping either.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to remember, but does everyone at the DEO know J'onn is the Martian Manhunter? Do Alex and Kara call him Hank around other DEO agents? I honestly can't remember.

Also, I'm guessing all the DEO agents also know Kara is Alex's sister and her real identity, right? If I was a villain, I'd just grab some scrub DEO agent and get the information about who she is from them.

Joni

Ohhhhhh yeah, that's right. Everything starting to blur together in all these shows, haha.

Combined we already have 8 seasons of them so it makes sense that we are starting to forget stuff, especially if we're watching season 9, 10, 11 and 12 at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom