• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scene that's been in my head since Monday:

CAT GRANT - "And tone it down with the black and gunmetal, James. Heroes are suppose to inspire people, not give them night terrors. Even the one in Gotham throws in s splash of yellow. Here- try this..."

(Cat scribbles on a napkin and hands it to Winn)

WINN: "Actually, this could work"

Makonero

Scene that's been in my head since Monday:

CAT GRANT - "And tone it down with the black and gunmetal, James. Heroes are suppose to inspire people, not give them night terrors. Even the one in Gotham throws in s splash of yellow. Here- try this..."

(Cat scribbles on a napkin and hands it to Winn)

WINN: "Actually, this could work"

CAT GRANT: "Well, CatCo Magazine was originally a fashion publication, remember?"

This episode had more momentum running through it, which is a good thing.

It was good having Cat back, as he provided a level of energy and humor the show needs.

Certain things like the President casually revealing she is an alien, the secret laser gun being on top of the DEO, and Supergirl trying to reason with Rhea were laughable though.

Good lord at Lena in that red dress though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Had given up on the show a while ago...came back the last episode because i read the Queen was back. Worth it...she makes the show so much better.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Of course, but now she revealed it to the characters

Edit: watching Jurassic World. Katie McGrath's accent... I forgot she isn't American.

She's much better here in Supergirl, where you can only really hear it if you're looking for it in certain words. But on Slasher it was damn distracting.

Joni

She's much better here in Supergirl, where you can only really hear it if you're looking for it in certain words. But on Slasher it was damn distracting.

Was that show any good outside of that? Might put it on my shopping list to see some more Katie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

She's gotten better at her Lena accent. It's still weird sounding but it doesn't slip as much.

What's really funny is Mama Mon-el and Mon-el going into this clipped vaguely Mid Atlantic accent whenever they share scenes. Jim Gordon does it too during his
Court of Owls
scenes in 'Gotham' and it sounds absolutely ridiculous lol

Merlin is basically the Smallville of Arthurian Legend stories though unlike Smallville it felt like it was forced to end sooner than it should have which lead to some bullshit in the final season as opposed to going on longer than it should have and having different sorts of bullshit.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone excited for that SEASON FINALE tonight, starring CAT GRANT and SUPERMAN!?

#2.22 "Nevertheless, She Persisted"
Extended Trailer
MON-EL FIGHTS FOR LOVE; SUPERMAN RETURNS - Mon-El (Chris Wood) challenges Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) to battle to save National City. Meanwhile, Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) returns and Cat Grant (guest star Calista Flockhart) offers Mon-El some sage advice. Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Andrew Kreisberg & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Robert Rovner & Caitlin Parrish (#222).
spg222c_0245b.jpg

spg222a_0396b.jpg

KpJ3sj1.jpg

caliph95

Mon-El looks way too similar to Clark in those pics

Also if we don't have our Legion mention or Valor costume
WE RIOT
.........in neogaf and reddit if i'm really bored

ZeroX03

Banned
So what are our guesses for the finale: Arrow > Legends > Supergirl > Flash?

Probably. And the only reason Supergirl will be ahead of Flash (boy that final fight looks awful) is because of Cat and Clark, frankly. Those two can't help but elevate things.

Flash didn't get an extended trailer too, so it's kind of an unknown. There's gotta be some kind of swerve there.

Arrow will be pure fan service and swag, and that's totally okay with a five year build up.

LotusHD

Banned
Flash > Supergirl
Cat Grant is boring and sucks, no offense.

Both shows have been lame as fuck this season, but only one has characters like Captain Cold showing up, so sure, Flash is better.

As for Cat, I mean, I see what people mean when they say she makes things livelier, and it's fun to see her tell off superpowered beings, but uhh, makes her look rather pathetic when she nearly dies immediately afterwards. Also her big speech shtick is getting old...

Xenoboy

Both shows have been lame as fuck this season, but only one has characters like Captain Cold showing up, so sure, Flash is better.

As for Cat, I mean, I see what people mean when they say she makes things livelier, and it's fun to see her tell off superpowered beings, but uhh, makes her look rather pathetic when she nearly dies immediately afterwards. Also her big speech shtick is getting old...

I was talking about the finale...

Xenoboy

The Flash finale will have to spend a lot of time fixing plotholes to be worthwhile, the Supergirl finale just has to deliver kickass action and some small teases.

Eh, I dunno if the action in Supergirl is gonna be worthwhile, at least not
Kara vs Rhea

At least the Super fight will be fun.
I don't think that many plotholes need to be filled.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm conflicted about my feelings towards Season 2. I think I'll probably land on it just being mediocre. On one hand I don't find it as frustrating to watch as The Flash. On the other hand, the show seems pretty content not building up these threats until the last minute. Love Lena Luthor, and most of the CADMUS story. But the Cyborg Superman and Jeremiah parts edge towards being really terrible genre TV cliches.

So basically I'm on board for
Supergirl Season 3 |OT| The New Adventures of Lena Luthor

caliph95

Can we get Legion or at least Super Lex but with Lena.

Honestly Season One showed promise even if it was rough and was hopeful for S2 in the first few eps of S2 especially with the big guy, it has been up and down

DeathyBoy

Banned
I'm conflicted about my feelings towards Season 2. I think I'll probably land on it just being mediocre. On one hand I don't find it as frustrating to watch as The Flash. On the other hand, the show seems pretty content not building up these threats until the last minute. Love Lena Luthor, and most of the CADMUS story. But the Cyborg Superman and Jeremiah parts edge towards being really terrible genre TV cliches.

So basically I'm on board for
Supergirl Season 3 |OT| The New Adventures of Lena Luthor

S3 threads for Arrowverse shows are cursed.

Flash > Supergirl
Cat Grant is boring and sucks, no offense.

Flash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Supergirl

This season of Supergirl is literally one of the worst things I have ever watched...
And thats someone who has seen multiple Honey Boo Boo episodes, all of Jersey Shore, Under the Dome, Wayward Pines S2, etc.

jph139

Yeah, Season One was not a good show, but it was fun and has an odd sort of charm. Season Two didn't really improve at all and replaced all the charm with poorly-written subplots about dull characters.

It's too bad, because I like Supergirl herself, but I don't think I can sit through another 20+ hours of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom