• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyanmaruz

Superman is being controlled again? C'mon man...
not-this-shit-again_fb_1224286.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kara's lawful good act is just terrible in the face of logic. She's like the opposite extreme of someone like Punisher, who can get annoying for also being exactly one dimensional when it comes to morality and ethics.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- "Mother, I won't just marry some rando--Oh, you want me to marry Lena? Ok, that's not your worst idea..."
- How tall is Mama Luthor? She was towering over Kara and Alex.
- Queen Cat! "At least tell me you're still a Democrat." Lol, they save all the good lines for Calista.
- Ummmm...I think a sitting POTUS being an alien is something voters have the right to know about. Off earth is definitely not natural born citizen lol. Where's my boy Snapper Carr at?
- "...smells like a West Hollywood gym." Haha, what an oddly specific joke.
- Cat vs Rhea is way more interesting than Rhea vs Supergirl
- Cyborg Superman wears a watch...he doesn't have an internal clock? Lol

Good episode. One of the stronger ones this season. Goofy in spots but Cat made it better.

Good enough episode, only one to go, sucks there was so much of a boring lul for like, half the season. I'm still hoping the DEO goes away next season or at the very least we get more of Kara on her own instead of having a team, shit is tired on the Flash and Arrow and only works on Legends because of they're idiots.

Did ... did they just put the season ending cliffhanger in the extended trailer? Because I have no idea how that fits in the finale unless it's the tease for next season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKh0lDJkgho

Probably, I mean we knew that was coming but yeah... That seems like a cliffhanger material.

He's probably going to be let out of the Phantom Zone assuming they don't make him a Daxamite

ZeroX03

Banned
That might be the GOAT episode. We get Lois Lane vs. Wonder Woman (nice to see Lynda in a more active role), and then Cat Grant strolls in and slays both of them. Jesus she was on fire this episode. All of this show's crazy inconsistencies and whacky dialogue comes into focus when she's on screen. Lena was smoking hot, and I can see why Kara loves her. Music was on fire. Female representation through the roof. Kara was a big old dummy and put the world in jeopardy, but hey, she's inspired by her pal Barry.

AV Club: A

Rumour, take this with a grain of salt
It might be a hallucinations. Superman thinks that he is fighting Zod, when he is actually fighting Supergirl

That makes more sense.

Volimar

Hey evil Superman! It's injustice 2 viral marketing!

LOL @ Cat recognising Jimmy right off the bat.

Supergirl trying to save rhea...that's speedster level stupidity.

You all caught that "Make our world great again" subtext, right?

Here's to Maggie for being the most useful love interest on a cw superhero show.

At least supes had a good reason for not being available for the invasion.

Xenoboy

I dunno, didn't really feel this episode. I just am not the biggest fan of Cat. I liked the episode beside her, and they should stop make Supergirl such a pacifist.

I feel like this was one of the most poorly written and poorly executed episodes I've seen of ANY show all season. I was laughing at bad it was.

How many times did Kat say women tonight?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I feel like this was one of the most poorly written and poorly executed episodes I've seen of ANY show all season. I was laughing at bad it was.

How many times did Kat say women tonight?

Cat said "women" 2 times.

Here are the two times:

Is this really who you want to be? Testosterone-driven windbags, boasting about your big guns? Surely we don't need to measure anything. We're women. We're tough, we're wise,and we're way above this pettiness. So let's just roll up our sleeves and talk peace.

Oh, well, let me just give you a little bit of friendly advice, Rhea. That tiara that you have on the top of your head, it's overkill. Real royals, they don't need to try that hard. The thing is, is that I have brokered peace between Kanye and Taylor Swift, so I think mediating peace between our two worlds should be a piece of cake. And, the future is female, we've all read the T-shirts. So we are three strong, formidable women and we can do anything we want. So let's just talk it out and come up with a harmonious solution, shall we?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Would anyone else like me to search for any other words used during the show last night? I extracted the closed captioning into a searchable file and everything.

Here's a taste of the surprise ending:

(GROANS)
(GROANING)
Superman?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
GotDAYUM

CW on point with the red dresses this season.

vlcsnap-2016-11-17-17mtl2f.png

Evelyn from Arrow

giphy.gif

I thought the alien costuming for Lena, Mon-el, and Mama Mon-el were nice, considering the budget. My only issue is that the Daxamite grunts look way too similar to Guardian.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
giphy.gif

I thought the alien costuming for Lena, Mon-el, and Mama Mon-el were nice, considering the budget. My only issue is that the Daxamite grunts look way too similar to Guardian.

I thought some of them looked like Kylo Ren.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yay more punch kick Supergirl in regular speed.

Yep this was pretty evidenced in this episode.

I know the budget's crap, but between that and James' 'space asthma' mist, I couldn't stop laughing at how bad this looked in spots.

Or when the plane wreckage fell faster than Supergirl setting Cat down, lol.

I hope the fight is not close at all next episode, I want Kara to wipe the floor with superman.

Maybe she respects peoples privacy?

Either way, Lena is going to learn Kara's secret identity by the end of this season, seeing she's a regular next season.

Love the way Lena nonchalantly saves the day.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
How do people in here feel about the messaging of the show? This past season ran through a number of social and political issues, and we've seen specific references in the script to politics in the US. I also noticed that the most recent teaser for the show is titled "Nevertheless, She Persisted."

Personally, I've felt that the writers have at times been pretty clumsy with how they've handled the topics, not blending them with the show well enough. I don't mind politics working their way into media (it's inevitable and unavoidable, imo). However, I don't enjoy a show as much and am taken out of it when I feel the show is trying to teach me something via "telling," rather than delivering a compelling story that "shows" its message through its characters and plot. I figure this more blunt approach also turns away the people the show is probably trying to reach.

I hope I haven't already asked about this in the thread.

Either way, Lena is going to learn Kara's secret identity by the end of this season, seeing she's a regular next season.

Love the way Lena nonchalantly saves the day.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mama Luthor's line about how Lena will hate Kara when Lena learns Kara lied to her about her identity was a set up for a moment in Part 2 of the episode. I'm pretty sure Lena isn't going to care by the end, though she might have a momentary bit of "you lied to me!" drama. If she does care and goes evil because of it, that will be very dumb.

ZeroX03

Banned
How do people in here feel about the messaging of the show? This past season ran through a number of social and political issues, and we've seen specific references in the script to politics in the US. I also noticed that the most recent teaser for the show is titled "Nevertheless, She Persisted."

Personally, I've felt that the writers have at times been pretty clumsy with how they've handled the topics, not blending them with the show well enough. I don't mind politics working their way into media (it's inevitable and unavoidable, imo). However, I don't enjoy a show as much and am taken out of it when I feel the show is trying to teach me something via "telling," rather than delivering a compelling story that "shows" its message through its characters and plot. I figure this more blunt approach also turns away the people the show is probably trying to reach.

I hope I haven't already asked about this in the thread.

The politics in this show tend to be intentionally overt and cheesy. It's alright not to like that, it can be kind of jarring, but it's been the case since the first episode. I doubt they'll change too much.

Joni

People are idiots, so I'm convinced the show has to be this clear to make sure everyone understands what they're trying to say.

Cat Grant unmasks superheros like a champ (Except Clark)

First she got Kara
Then Barry
Then James.

She's eventually going to figure out how they gaslighted her on Kara's identity.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mama Luthor's line about how Lena will hate Kara when Lena learns Kara lied to her about her identity was a set up for a moment in Part 2 of the episode. I'm pretty sure Lena isn't going to care by the end, though she might have a momentary bit of "you lied to me!" drama. If she does care and goes evil because of it, that will be very dumb.

It feels like even the writers haven't made up their minds about whether she's evil.

If she goes evil it'd probably be half way through season 3 and we'd be reminded of those sequences where she looked like she's the mastermind behind all the villains. That'd go against the message of her character then, "I am not my family." She's like Kara's counterpart, that came from a family of villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom