• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say a resounding yes. Quality doesn't start dropping until season six, with season seven being the worst season. Then a steady climb back to awesome. Seasons 1-5 are all part of a single, grand story. Season one is introducing the characters, season two is set up, three is when it all starts to blow up, and 4 and 5 are the grand finale. Amazing show.

Also, if you are watching on netflix, I am sad for you. They replaced all the amazing music on Netflix for season one with generic crap. The music is one of the best parts of the show, and I wish they'd go back and fix it.

I don't think they will. It think it has to do with Netflix and copyright laws and crap. We could try contacting record companies of the songs to see if we can change that though :p.

I am on episode 10 of Season 1, and the show kind of sucks so far. Does it get better?

I will admit it's a hard show to get into. But it really picks up and becomes amazing. Season 7 is an abomination, and had it not been for some story-important elements I'd say skip it entirely. There's only one thing I like about season 7 and that is:
Charlie <3

Last season an a capella version was played during the musical episode, because obviously it would have to be included :p

They also played that version of it for the season finale, before moving into the real song.

LOL I remember that. I was sitting there watching and when I first heard it I was like...wait a minute, isn't that the one of the musical episode? YES! This is awesome!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I will admit it's a hard show to get into. But it really picks up and becomes amazing. Season 7 is an abomination, and had it not been for some story-important elements I'd say skip it entirely. There's only one thing I like about season 7 and that is:
Charlie <3

Hey,
Bobby's flashback
episode was amazing. Don't forget about that one!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Born Again Identity was pretty good too. Maybe second to the one you mentioned.

Season 7 had some pretty good stuff, there was just a lot of shit in between the good stuff. It was the one season where they couldn't write around the budget and it showed, the mythos they were going for needed big special effects and they just didn't have the money for it so they had to figure out another way.

I don't think they will. It think it has to do with Netflix and copyright laws and crap. We could try contacting record companies of the songs to see if we can change that though :p.

It probably has to do with the contract written..11 years ago 'streaming' wasn't really something they'd put into the contract. That's why the music can show up in the DVDs but not on Netflix, where it wasn't covered.(Ie the music can be used in reruns;dvd reproductions. Now a days the contracts probably cover reruns, dvd reproductions, and streaming)

Knoxcore

I am on episode 10 of Season 1, and the show kind of sucks so far. Does it get better?

Honestly, I was hooked on episode 1, so if you're not liking it at episode 10 I don't think you'll like the show. It does get much better. Season 3, 4 and 5 are pretty good.

It probably has to do with the contract written..11 years ago 'streaming' wasn't really something they'd put into the contract. That's why the music can show up in the DVDs but not on Netflix, where it wasn't covered.(Ie the music can be used in reruns;dvd reproductions. Now a days the contracts probably cover reruns, dvd reproductions, and streaming)

That could be it. I kinda want them to have the original music on the NetFlix, music is a big part of what makes the show great.

Hey,
Bobby's flashback
episode was amazing. Don't forget about that one!
Wait ate you talking about the
episode where he's in a coma and trying to escape the reaper?
if so yeah that good too. If not which one? That's the only one I remember.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That could be it. I kinda want them to have the original music on the NetFlix, music is a big part of what makes the show great.

Wait ate you talking about the
episode where he's in a coma and trying to escape the reaper?
if so yeah that good too. If not which one? That's the only one I remember.

That's the one I'm talking about. I loved that episode, if only it didn't have such a sad ending :(

ZeroCDR

I haven't been this excited about watching Supernatural in a very long time, I hope they can continue the momentum and not waste what they've got going here.

I really got into it during the back half, and to echo everyone else, Season 2-5 is simply spectacular. Hope you start to enjoy it soon!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This is probably the most hyped episode in years.

This is the mid season finale, right? I'm excited for it but sad for the break that will follow it, this season has been truly stellar so far.

This is the mid season finale, right? I'm excited for it but sad for the break that will follow it, this season has been truly stellar so far.

I'm pretty sure it is. we had a week hiatus between the previous episode and the one before, right? I think mid-season usually comes after that.

Well shit. Amara just accelerated from innocent to full on even.

OMFG THE CAGE! OMFG LUCIFER! OMG SAM IN THE CAGE WITH LUCIFER!

O hey, burning bush. God is listening.

You know, for a show that kills off so many female characters; why can't they do the same for Rowena?

Meanwhile, Amara is quickly becoming a new favorite baddie.

Yea...let a super evil witch open the cage that holds Lucifer AND tell her who's in it. This will go over so well.
Amara going murderous pychopath.
Ouch that neck snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom