• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knoxcore

+Sully was funny.
+Great Sam and Sully moments.
+Hilarious Dean jokes and mannerisms.
+More heartbreaking little Sam moments.
=A little movement on the main story.
=Guest actors didn't F up the acting so that is always a win.
-Never been a fan of the silly supernatural characters such as the 'Manicorn' or the mermaid.

8.4/10 on a Supernatural scale.

Season 11 is boss so far.

Super silly episode. I loved every second of it. I'm glad they did a silly episode, felt this season kind of needed it, the episodes have all be rather serious(with the exception of killer puppets, and Sam shitting his pants on the elevator). I'd say a solid 8.5/10.

Keep up the damn great work CW!

Holy shit! That preview!!!
Lucifer!!!!

I READ THE SPOILER THINKING IT WAS A JOKE! I regret every decision I made in my life that led me to that point.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I thought this was going to be a dumb episode but it turned out to be pretty touching. Season 11 still killing it.

Yeah, it was actually a good ep. It even tied into the main story with Sully helping Sam make a decision. I really liked this one honestly.

But, THAT PREVIEW, YEESSS!!!!!!

Knoxcore

Chuck is sending Sam messages.

And you guys really think 'John' was God?

Nope. I am freaking out over it, but that was Lucy for fucking sure. "I was never able to fool you."

And then later "So we need the opposite of darkness?" Which would be I dunno, the Lightbringer? In combo with the visions of the Cage, it can't be anyone else.

Lucy dropping truth bombs and Dean knows God wouldn't be sending visions.

I agree. God just doesn't make any sense. I will like it to be God, but Lucifer makes more sense given what we know so far. The fact that Sam believes it's God without any evidence other than the visions began after he prayed means the whole God thing is a red herring. God may play a part in this story given his relation to Amara, but I think Sam is getting the visions from Lucifer. And, when Sam
meets Lucifer again in the next episode apparently
, he'll find out the visions were all Lucifer, which will lead to more drama.

Poyunch

Still here on the West Coast. I just find it kind of funny some kid's first choice for imaginary friends was a beer-bellied, middle-aged man with a mullet. I don't know if kids are assigned imaginary friends or they go through some sort of Monsters Inc. sorting system but sucks for that kid.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Still here on the West Coast. I just find it kind of funny some kid's first choice for imaginary friends was a beer-bellied, middle-aged man with a mullet. I don't know if kids are assigned imaginary friends or they go through some sort of Monsters Inc. sorting system but sucks for that kid.

Hey, don't diss him. He plays a sick air guitar.

I liked Sam and Sullys talk about his visions and God.

Also that Sully knew Sam had saved the world back in season 5.

For a filler episode I thought was going to be shit I think this was one of my favorite episodes.

Yeah, Sam not just being a strung along plot device is pretty great right now.

Man, this season is shaping up to be the best season since 5.

I'm gonna express a ton of hyperbole because that episode affected me in ways I didn't expect.

But this episode is easily one of, if not the best filler episode in the 11 year run of this show. Everything worked, from the bait and switch cold open to the reveal of the killer and conclusion. It was all perfect. That poor kid who found Sparkle (like the blood was played for humouroud effect but fuck man).

Getting this episode here and now (and this season really do far) made all that bad post season 5 stuff worth it.

Honestly I'd put this episode up against a ton of 1-5 season episodes too. It was emotional, sad, funny, original and extremely effective.

Btw this was directed by the guy who played Gabriel, hell of a directorial debut.

Nice redemption for Jenny Klein who doesn’t have the best track record.

Just a fantastic episode.

I also dig episodes that really highlight the difference in empathy capability between Sam and Dean.

It's also interesting that many are calling this a fun episode. It wasn't fun to me, it was actually gut wrenching and heart breaking. The Xana (Zana?) are a fantastic addition to Supernatural lore, so caring and innocent and honesly important . I think that's why this episode worked so well is that it made me buy in and care about characters that easily could have been just jokes. I mean Dean's flushing joke about the mermaid actually made me upset at Dean when normally I'd laugh

It's also interesting that many are calling this a fun episode. It wasn't fun to me, it was actually gut wrenching and heart breaking. The Xana (Zana?) are a fantastic addition to Supernatural lore, so caring and innocent and honesly important . I think that's why this episode worked so well is that it made me buy in and care about characters that easily could have been just jokes. I mean Dean's flushing joke about the mermaid actually made me upset at Dean when normally I'd laugh

I found the part where they watched the mom step on the blood and smear it on her face hysterical. Their reactions were priceless; we need some gifs of them holding back from puking.

I didn't watch the preview but I'm so pissed at myself for clicking that spoiler tag.
That would have made my jaw drop and make me exclaim holy fucking hell!!!!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yeah, Sam not just being a strung along plot device is pretty great right now.

Man, this season is shaping up to be the best season since 5.

So far this is easily the best season since S5. I'd say it might even be the second best season of Supernatural EVER right behind S5, can't really tell that until the end but man it's been good so far.

Btw this was directed by the guy who played Gabriel, hell of a directorial debut.

Well Hell that just makes me like this ep even more!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Really excited for next week's episode. Can't be said enough how on point season 11 has been. I'm really surprised they've been able to keep it up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Really excited for next week's episode. Can't be said enough how on point season 11 has been. I'm really surprised they've been able to keep it up.

A big part of that is how they've been managing Sam. His character is a lot better this season, he hasn't been this good for a good while.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
A big part of that is how they've been managing Sam. His character is a lot better this season, he hasn't been this good for a good while.

True. Last season for example, he seemed absolutely pointless and irritating every time he was on screen...

But now the writers are actually paying attention to him!

That episode was a lot of fun. I really want to see some development on the Darkness storyline. This is the first time I've ever watched the show week to week though so I'm probably a bit more impatient with it.

FZZ

Banned
I'm so hyped for Lucifer. This episode was great as well, some parts had me hurting man.

I just realized in the trailer
It looks like Dean and Amara are kissing. Does that squick anyone else out? She was a baby like, a month ago >.<

She's like 13.8 billion years old tho

aku:jiki

Wonderfully cute and touching episode, I really liked it even though I, too, thought I wouldn't. This whole episode was like a lesson in not judging a book by its cover... The premise had more to it than I thought it could, the guy who played Sully looks like the kind of person you don't take seriously but he delivered and then some and mullet dude looked like a jackass but was really good with the kid and played a sweet-ass air guitar.

When was the last time the show even had a benevolent creature in it? I'm probably forgetting some but for me it feels like 6 seasons ago or something.

=Guest actors didn't F up the acting so that is always a win.
Really? The "I'm just still SO MAD!!!" line was the worst delivery I can remember ever seeing on this show.

spookyfish

I liked Sam and Sullys talk about his visions and God.

Also that Sully knew Sam had saved the world back in season 5.

For a filler episode I thought was going to be shit I think this was one of my favorite episodes.

Supernatural has a habit of doing that for me. I still haven't learned, though. I go in with eyes rolling and hating it.

BokehKing

Banned
Sounds like another great episode aired
This season has fired on all cylinders that leads me to believe............this is probably the last season

Last night's episode was a pretty good one. I enjoyed it. The idea was simple and interesting, and more monster of the week stuff which I appreciate.

The opening flashbacks, though, made me worry about my memory. I didn't remember a lot of what was showed and I find that I'm bad at remembering things from shows and movies I've watched. I consume a lot of media, though, so that could be a problem.

I couldn't remember exact episodes the fairies were from, or the clowns (I thought it looked different than the creepy carnival clown one that I loved, but it turned out to be that one upon Googling.) I've never missed an episode either.

Everyone saying they hated it based off the trailer is the exact reason I stopped watching the previews. I'd either think it was gonna be awesome and hate it, think it was gonna be boring and crap but loved it, or VERY rarely be correct in my assumption. Now I go in blind and it's fantastic, so many jaw dropping moments.
Last night's episode was a pretty good one. I enjoyed it. The idea was simple and interesting, and more monster of the week stuff which I appreciate.

The opening flashbacks, though, made me worry about my memory. I didn't remember a lot of what was showed and I find that I'm bad at remembering things from shows and movies I've watched. I consume a lot of media, though, so that could be a problem.

I couldn't remember exact episodes the fairies were from, or the clowns (I thought it looked different than the creepy carnival clown one that I loved, but it turned out to be that one upon Googling.) I've never missed an episode either.
The clown was from the the kids arcade place like Chuck E cheese(I think it was called pluckees or something like that) where an employee took a child's worst fear and made it kill the parents of kids who neglected their kid. Reason being his parents "let" his brother drown by not paying attention to him while he swam. Wait which clowns? I think they showed both the creepy carnival and pluckees.

The fairy with nipples was from the episode where the watch maker summoned them to help him make watches and they like kidnapped his son or something because he was gonna send em back. It was the episode where the head fairy claimed he could restore Sam's soul because he has a back door access to the cage or something.

I remember the first now, but not sure about the second.

I watched all of Supernatural over the course of several months and, as said, my memory sucks for some reason.

I'm not saying I don't remember anything. I do. But bits and pieces more-so than being able to recall everything at will.

I remember the first now, but not sure about the second.

I watched all of Supernatural over the course of several months and, as said, my memory sucks for some reason.

I'm not saying I don't remember anything. I do. But bits and pieces more-so than being able to recall everything at will.
I feel you, for some reason supernatural is the only thing that sticks. Like I'll leave a theatre and 5minutes later be like...what did I just watch? I don't remember 75% if it. If you watched the Star Trek with Patrick Stewart the guy that was the doctor was the antagonist in that episode. It was a filler so I don't remember much from it. Dean did microwave a fairy though.

Now that was a really fun episode.

Hard to believe there hasn't been a bad episode yet this season. I'm really impressed. No silly keeping secrets, no splitting up the brothers, everything is just out there.

That was Voyager, not TNG :p

And I agree with everyone, this season has been so on point I'm worried I'm going to be let down when it eventually starts to suck again.
O. My bad. Last time I watched Star Trek was at least 10 years ago.

I think they finally learned from their mistakes, it shows with how the brothers treat each other now. So long as people voice their opinions of how they love or hate something we should be fine. Maybe some people from Supernatural have been lurking this thread :p.

Knoxcore

Really? The "I'm just still SO MAD!!!" line was the worst delivery I can remember ever seeing on this show.
Oh absolutely. But a bad delivery from one character on one line that had at least 7-10 guest actors with speaking roles does not make a F up of the entire cast as a whole. Supernatural has had its fair share of God awful acting from guest actors. I don't think I need to go through them.

Hard to believe there hasn't been a bad episode yet this season. I'm really impressed. No silly keeping secrets, no splitting up the brothers, everything is just out there.

Dean is still keeping one big secret--his connection with Amara. I'm letting that one slide for now because Dean is still trying to figure it out himself and maybe him not telling Sam is part of the whole 'you won't hurt me' thing that Amara told Dean.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dean is still keeping one big secret--his connection with Amara. I'm letting that one slide for now because Dean is still trying to figure it out himself and maybe him not telling Sam is part of the whole 'you won't hurt me' thing that Amara told Dean.

This is still pretty funny considering how upfront Sam is being with everything this season. Dude has 0 secrets and whatever secrets he has had he didn't keep for more than an episode.

Knoxcore

This is still pretty funny considering how upfront Sam is being with everything this season. Dude has 0 secrets and whatever secrets he has had he didn't keep for more than an episode.
I think that stem from the fact that Sam think things need to change between the brothers. I fully expect them to keep keeping secrets but not to the point where it does irreparable harm. I'm happy they are getting along again. Yes, they will have their disagreements and disputes but as long as it does not spiral out of control, I'll be content. The last couple of seasons was exhausting. It's never fun being in the same room when two people are fighting. We, the audience, had to endure it for the last two seasons and it wasn't fun.

I think that ghost costume episode before this latest one wasn't that great.

Was that the darkness killing an Angel?

Looks like, and I think that angel was Cas...

Angel was wearing a suit tho

Cas never wears just a suit

Just before that, there's what looks like a flash of Cas... :(

Well I mean yeah!

Spoiler tags!!!! I like going in blind for episodes, but also like discussing the current weeks episode D:.
B-dubs, first you bring up the deaths of my waifu Meg, and the death of our dear Bobby, and now you talk about the preview with no spoilers. HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?!
It's okay, I forgive you for your transgressions.

On a more serious note, while the costume one is the weakest of the season thus far, I wouldn't really consider it bad. It's probably around 7 for me, had its moments, but for a filler it wasn't absolute shit so there's solace in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom