• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surface |OT|

Has anyone seen a miltitasking demo of Surface with more than 2 apps? I want to know how it handles it, do the apps shrink into the little side bar and continue running in the background with the ability to scroll through them?

it does two active applications at once, the rest are 'tombstoned' and instantly brought back into life when re-selected.

maeh2k

Cook: I suppose you could design a car that flies and floats, but I don't think it would do all of those things very well.

He's right. A flying car couldn't possibly be as good as a plane or a boat. But I sure as hell would want one.

f0lken

Tim Cook said:
"...we provide a fantastic iPod touch, an iPad, and an iPad mini. Customers will decide which one, two, three or four they want, and they'll buy those."

No compromises!!!!! Just buy and carry your iPhone, iPod, iPad and iPad mini with you!!

So Tim Cook learned a new word today it seems :D

COMPROMISED

rg: Use it in a sentence Tim

Tim: COMPROMISED PRODUCT!

rg: That's not a sentence Tim.

Tim: You know I can end you right?

Milchjon

The original Surface thread is one of my favorites. Don't think I've ever seen such a turnaround. And Brotkasten, you're the best, but skimming through it again I laughed really hard reading some of your predictions/reactions in there. Or in your own words:
KuGsj.gif

Tuck

Also the Surface without the keyboard seems a bit pointless to me. I mean it comes with Office.

Office/The entire desktop on Surface seems a bit pointless to me, but I guess my view of tablets doesn't *quite* match up with Microsofts view.

I don't understand why they are sending them out on the 26th in the UK. It just adds extra days to the delivery time. What's the point in that?

Milchjon

I don't like Belfiore's hair :-D

Panay just has that genuine enthusiasm that makes me want to believe that Surface totally is the best thing ever. I wonder if he could present any product like that, or if he just truly believes in what they did with Surface.

joe belfiore <3

i love thos random youtube video where he just sits there and talks about stuff with soft music playing in the background. he is the best!

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Arrrgh. Today they told us (MS employees) we're not going to get our free Surface till December.

mm04

Arrrgh. Today they told us (MS employees) we're not going to get our free Surface till December.

Oh yeah?! Well my pre-order may not arrive until Monday! I feel no pity for you ;). It did leave Alaska a few hours ago and I'm on the West coast, so maybe there's an outside chance I'll still get it tomorrow. The CSR I spoke to said I would, but I'm not convinced.

how do you figure out delivery time. fedex shows nothing, got no tracking number either. but microsoft customer service is certain it will come tmrw

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's up with flash support through the browser? Total? Only for certain websites?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
What's up with flash support through the browser? Total? Only for certain websites?
Metro IE has a whitelist. Desktop IE of course has everything. Click the wrench in Metro IE to jump to the Desktop version.

The original Surface thread is one of my favorites. Don't think I've ever seen such a turnaround. And Brotkasten, you're the best, but skimming through it again I laughed really hard reading some of your predictions/reactions in there. Or in your own words:
KuGsj.gif

Hey, at least I got something right!

There needs to be at least one real disappointment and that would be the price.

I say $499 for the RT version and a lot, lot more for the pro version.

That, or they won't announce a price at all.
Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later they reveal the price and there's running and screaming.

Opera better put together a browser for the damn thing. It's my favorite browser on both my Kindle Fire and my PC.

LOL...just went to Arstechnica.com and their site design made me want to hurl. Ew.

Good sign (high demand) or bad sign (slow production)?

probably a good sign. TBH, I wasn't expecting it until after christmas. That's why I went ahead and preordered one. I'll use my MS one as a gift to a lucky family member. Maybe my cousin. I love that kid :)

Top Bottom