• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surface |OT|

mm04

Quick impressions. I'm having a little trouble with keyboard. I'm so used to the key positions of my work issued laptop and the size of the touchpad that I keep touching outside of the box. For those interested about streaming videos, I've been able to watch HBO GO and Amazon Instant Videos within IE10 with no issues so far.

hoos30

8125439813_84e85cab64.jpg

Just got home from the Microsoft Store in Pentagon City Mall right outside of DC. Opening was pretty interesting, about 75 ~ 80 people in line when I got there at 9:45 am. Never seen so many Windows Phones in my life lol.

The staff was pretty pumped, they had an army in there. Raffled off 2 Xbox(en) while I was in line (I missed by one number!) They took their sweet time b/c they were mandated by MS to walk each buyer through the feature set...they wouldn't let you just pick it up and walk out the door.

Tiny impressions because I've had less than 30 minutes to play with it: The touch keyboard is actually pretty damn nice. I was typing with ease right away; if it only gets better that's a plus.

&^$# MS business department team. Charging for the color keyboards separately is a rip. I saw several people who bought the 64GB trying to sell the included black keyboard to the people in line. I should have bought one, but I wanted a color one too!

The were handing out the $100 Xbox music cards like candy...I don't think you had to be in the first 100.

More impressions after I get some work done.

Anybody check out the SF kiosk store? Debating going down during lunch if there are still some available and they have more than 100 xbox music cards.

SeanR1221

Where is Skulls of the Shogun? Thought that was a launch game? Maybe next week.

Yeah like I said maybe launch window?

For the love of god, MS, don't fuck up the game space. I'm willin to bet the vast majority of apple App Store revenue comes from games. MS needs to be on this like they are Xbox.

Yeah like I said maybe launch window?

For the love of god, MS, don't fuck up the game space. I'm willin to bet the vast majority of apple App Store revenue comes from games. MS needs to be on this like they are Xbox.

There will be one (old and ported) XBLA game per week and you'll like it.

kms_md

I was able to pick mine up at the STL kiosk without much issue - i was in a queue of about 5-6 others waiting for a cashier to open up.

I picked up the 32GB without the cover and a type cover. I will not be able to try it out until later - will report back then.

aesop

Damnit that thing looks nice.

It's really nice. There are some bugs (which is to be expected) but overall, I'm really enjoying it. Touch cover is really freaking awesome once you get used to it.

I really, really want an alternative to IE, though. Get on the ball, Mozilla.

hwalker84

It's really nice. There are some bugs (which is to be expected) but overall, I'm really enjoying it. Touch cover is really freaking awesome once you get used to it.

I really, really want an alternative to IE, though. Get on the ball, Mozilla.

I'm honestly fine with IE im just disappointed I can't sync bookmarks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone know if you can play flash facebook games on it? GF looking to replace her ipad 1.

I ordered an iPad 4 today and my shipping date already got pushed back for two weeks. Unlike last time, when my iPad 3 pre-order got pushed back, I don't care at all.

But seeing pictures of the Surface ... ugh. I really want one. I'd never use it as my main tablet, but I still want one.
KuGsj.gif

Woohoo, mine came. Just have been setting it up. 15 apps to update. I hope my app gets approved before next week.

The touchcover is pretty awesome. It works much better than I thought it would.

I was searching youtube for Surface Drop Tests and I saw they did one at the launch event yesterday. I thought it was pretty bad ass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJn-rq2acGU

He should be the face of MS product launches. He's the closest MS has to a Steve Jobs type.

With that said, the stage they're on isn't solid so it's obvious it wouldn't break. Still cool to watch though, he oozes confidence and doesn't come across as a suit.

Top Bottom