• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surface |OT|

dLMN8R

Is that the update that fixes this?

If so, that's pretty bad, considering that Office is a central pillar of the Surface RT... Seems like a pretty important update to roll out as quickly as possible.

I've never encountered that before, not even on complex 30-page documents with tons of tracked revisions. So yes, the update probably fixes it, since I've never used it without the update.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm starting to get a little used to it now. Can I not use it as a tablet with the touch cover flipped behind?

dLMN8R

So I'm starting to get a little used to it now. Can I not use it as a tablet with the touch cover flipped behind?

Sure you can. Both covers have an accelerometer that disables them when oriented behind the surface or flipped upside down underneath the kickstand.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime I do it and switch back to "laptop" mode, the cursor disappears and I have to disconnect the touch cover. Might be due to a defect though.

railGUN

Banned
Turns out Eggman didn't buy a Surface, and instead has been using an old pizza box for the last two days, thinking it was a Surface.

I clued into this fact earlier today when he PM'd me and asked how you delete a piece of peperoni from the desktop.

I got to see some guy from microsoft's Surface Pro, and it seems really good. Hopefully the battery life is good and it isn't too expensive.

Haklong

Everytime I do it and switch back to "laptop" mode, the cursor disappears and I have to disconnect the touch cover. Might be due to a defect though.

With the cover flipped back the mouse pointer should go away as soon as you start using your fingers. When you go back to "laptop" mode and touch the keyboard/mouse pad the pointer should come back. If this don't work swipe from the right, go to settings, power and then restart. See if that helps.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I tried restarting and even resetted it due to touch cover problems. Also, whenever I reply on GAF it takes a while to display my post once submitted. So many stupid problems.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Are there drivers for the speakers too? Are they really this weak?

EDIT: 3rd time I'm trying to post this reply and it's giving me a "THIS WEBSITE IS TOO BUSY" error. Fuck this shit.

Nice review. (horrible video quality though)

I was looking for a review that would use the $499 device with a bluetooth keyboard.

The reviewer uses an Apple keyboard. Took a minute or two for the keyboard to be recognized but once it was...worked perfectly fine.

MCD

Just bought one. Just waiting for it to be delivered.

Can someone please tell me the best and fastest 64gb memory card my money can buy?

MCD

Yeah, I don't see Eggman as a troll.

Remember guys, Windows is like a Pizza according to that ex Windows guy Sinofsky

You can't please everyone with Pizza

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and for those saying I'm "trolling'

iusyyYAAuuRk8.jpg

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I can tell a difference between someone who doesn't like it and a troll. A guy blaming gaf 500errors on the surface is a troll.

I've never had any other issues regarding this with laptop, and the Surface is known to have Wi-Fi problems. You see a correlation, fanboy?

mm04

I've never had any other issues regarding this with laptop, and the Surface is known to have Wi-Fi problems. You see a correlation, fanboy?

You got a bad one. Return it and cut your losses. I've had mine since release day and have had zero issues. Luck of the draw, I guess. Am I a bad person if I'm finding your comedy of errors funny? Maybe yours fell of the truck in China or something.

Edit: Every post I've posted on GAF over the last few days has been made exclusively on my Surface using the Touch cover. No issues.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
You got a bad one. Return it and cut your losses. I've had mine since release day and have had zero issues. Luck of the draw, I guess. Am I a bad person if I'm finding your comedy of errors funny? Maybe yours fell of the truck in China or something.

Edit: Every post I've posted on GAF over the last few days has been made exclusively on my Surface using the Touch cover. No issues.

Probably. So fucked up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't think you're a troll, but you really are acting a bit like a baby. Just return it and buy a laptop.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Alright you're right, I am exaggerating with my reaction. It just sucks I'm so disappointed with this.

mm04

Alright you're right, I am exaggerating with my reaction. It just sucks I'm so disappointed with this.

I totally understand the frustration. But you got bad one. A working version would do everything that you were looking for it to do, because I do it daily. Surface the product, does not suck because you got a defective one. The broken one you received sucks.

Totakeke

You can also get wifi problems with a normal laptop or any other device that uses wifi. If you're unwilling to work with things to fix it in the rare occasion that you get it, I'm not sure what you're doing with using electronic devices.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I have two options right now.

1.) Get a new laptop now during Black Friday and return my Surface tomorrow.
2.) Just swap my touch cover and try it out again, hoping it'll work this time.

Totakeke

If you want to exchange the touch cover, might as well exchange the whole Surface device, you're never sure where the problem is coming from.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to exchange the touch cover, might as well exchange the whole Surface device, you're never sure where the problem is coming from.

True. There's no possibility they're going to refuse an exchange right?

mm04

weird, I do that regularly with mine on my touch cover.

I do too. People are confusing not exactly like a laptop for "can't". It may not be as stable as a laptop, because of the lesser surface area and weight of the keyboard, but it's completely doable.

Kafel

Banned
I've just received my Surface in mint condition (whoah) with its black Touch Cover.

paid 400 € instead of 589 € !

Would you recommend a pouch/cover for it ? And which one ?

I loved my "neopren Tuscano second skin" cover for my MBA. Can I find something like this ?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else have to refresh GAF after posting a reply? Usually I submit a reply and it's stuck on a page with the GAF logo and the whole part of the site, but doesn't load the thread.

Does anyone else have to refresh GAF after posting a reply? Usually I submit a reply and it's stuck on a page with the GAF logo and the whole part of the site, but doesn't load the thread.

I've been seeing this problem recently on my Chromium Web Browsers on one of my desktops running Ubuntu on a VM though I'm not seeing it in IE9, IE10 or Firefox. It doesn't always happen and am on a wired conenction for all machines.

Top Bottom