• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surface |OT|

My windows 8 install is about 10 gigs. Youll be able to get doen close to that. As another poster says remove the recovery file to usb drive and remove any preinstalled stuff you dont want

Should we do a Surface PRO OT when it comes out ? Some may get confused with the two different verisons getting posted in the same thread

Maybe change the title of this one. Surface now with more Pro or something.

eastmen

Banned
I dunno last I checked this didn't have the pro price or release date in the OP

As for capacity I'm thinking about getting some of these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00812F7O8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

51fZLetdrQL.jpg

516HhPciukL.jpg

but the speed is a bit slow

this seems faster but of course isn't a little nub

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008R6OPQE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

users were getting 22/90 write read

That is fast enough for games .

I have one in my Xbox. I made a Facebook post that the 2000 version of me would shoot me dead as a witch if I told him there's 32GB's on that thing.

I remember using a 32mb flashdrive back in the day. I actually found it again a year ago, forgetting it had only 32 mb. I was confused at how little storage was on it!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I remember using a 32mb flashdrive back in the day. I actually found it again a year ago, forgetting it had only 32 mb. I was confused at how little storage was on it!
Incidentally that is what a surface SD card will show up as if you put it in another device having changed the save path to store music or video on. To reformat it to 64 gigs or whatever you have to unwind that path you created.

zorbsie

Picked up a 64GB micro sdxc card last week. There was a pricing error on it and I got it for $40. Would it be ok to run games off of this card?

ksdixon

it's possible, but removing what? nothing to free up 10GBs of data for example. not really useful or worthwhile.

I myself have no need for Games, Windows DVD Maker/Media Center/Media Player, Windows Location Provider, Windows PowerShell 2.0. XPS Services, XPS Viewer. Once FireFox release a metro FF, I'll also have no need for IE10.

Pooya

I myself have no need for Games, Windows DVD Maker/Media Center/Media Player, Windows Location Provider, Windows PowerShell 2.0. XPS Services, XPS Viewer. Once FireFox release a metro FF, I'll also have no need for IE10.

well, there is no games, movie maker or media center installed, they are not part of windows anymore. the rest maybe free up hundreds of megabytes?

eastmen

Banned
Congrats Feep but can you quote your picture ?

I was thinking about buying it in store but through shop discover I will get 5% back which almost pays tax so might as well just order online and wait a few days .

eastmen

Banned
How did you get one of these? I've been wondering just what will be available on the 9th, the pro itself or just a preorder. Or will they even be available in stores?

All MS stores have an allotment of surface pros and a card for each one. You can go to the store now and get a card so that on the 9th your able to buy one. Without it they may be sold out.

I'm hoping we get a preorder option line this week.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
All MS stores have an allotment of surface pros and a card for each one. You can go to the store now and get a card so that on the 9th your able to buy one. Without it they may be sold out.

I'm hoping we get a preorder option line this week.

Oh interesting. I hope the Canadian ones are the same. Damn, have to make a trip to the MS store.

Walshicus

Stat time - Windows RT traffic on my site (million+ visitors/month) is 2% of Windows 8 traffic, and growth of RT since 1st October '12 has slightly outpaced growth of Win 8.

Might help with a rough estimate on overall sales.

Stat time - Windows RT traffic on my site (million+ visitors/month) is 2% of Windows 8 traffic, and growth of RT since 1st October '12 has slightly outpaced growth of Win 8.

Might help with a rough estimate on overall sales.

It's a shame that your traffic stats never translate in actual sales.

What's your site anyway?

Traveled to Turkey to see some family for 2 weeks, as it turns out my uncle has started writing for the local newspaper.. I decided to leave me Surface RT tablet with him so he can type his articles on it. I really didnt have a day to day use for it, hope he uses it more than I did.

zorbsie

Got my Surface Pro preorder card. Can't wait to pick it up next weekend. They were pushing office 365 pretty hard. Sucks that they couldn't even give me a deal on picking up office 2013 with my Surface purchase.

Is the mini display port on the pro a standard port? I got the MDP to vga cable and I feel like I might have made a mistake. $45 for a cable is Monster price crazy. Can I just get a cable from monoprice and save a bundle?

EDIT: Think I'm going to get this adapter from monoprice for $14 and save myself 30 bucks.

hwalker84

I want that Skull Cyan Touch cover bad. Anyone want to by my standard black with their shiny new Surface Pro??? Only used a handfull of times.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
From the desk of Jake Kazdal.

Attention potential Skull Eaters, we’ve learned from our friends at Microsoft that they’re pushing the game to the Windows 8 Store earlier than tomorrow’s official release date! Windows 8 and Windows Surface owners will be able to purchase Skulls of the Shogun after 4pm PST

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Got me a Blue ticket (number 1!!!!) at my not so local Microsoft store. Told them everything I wanted (Surface Pro 128, LE blue touch cover and extra power adapter), they took my info down and said with the ticket they will have my stuff ready Saturday and I don't have to wait in line.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So does the number on the bottom right of the ticket represent your reservation number? Because it'd be pretty sad if I was the first person in Toronto to order one.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Do we have to show up before a certain time with the blue tickets? They didn't say anything about it.

The guy just told me with the ticket I didn't need to line up at 5am (wishful thinking on their part I assume).

So does the number on the bottom right of the ticket represent your reservation number? Because it'd be pretty sad if I was the first person in Toronto to order one.

Yep. After I got one 2 others asked, just don't think people know. I only knew from this thread.

Top Bottom