• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surface |OT|

iFootball

So I called my local BestBuy and the guy told there was a delay with their shipment, they got none so far... He mentioned there's a change they get them tomorrow... I dunno, looks like next week

Got a MS mug, animal crackers :p, and 10% discount for software/5% discount for anything else card (For Surface)

4 more people showed up behind me.

Ughhh, this release is bumming me out. I'm going out of the country for a while Monday, so I needed to come out of this weekend with a laptop. Zenbook Prime it is, I guess. It was nice riding with you all.

My local Best Buy only got 1 period, and the MS store in Indy was sold out within an hour of opening and had a 15 person long waiting list. The 128GB is sold out online, so I had to order the 64GB. Nuts. Want it now dammit!

zorbsie

I was a super keener getting to the store early and having a reservation but got zero goodies. Canada always gets screwed. That's the salt talking. lol

Doffen

3u3w9aql.jpg

I want that cover! Anyone heard about releasing the limited edition covers in the 13(?) new territories?

TaKeRx

Got mine as well :D.

In desktop mode, the icons and windows seem bigger even though its set to 1920x1080. How can I change this?

EDIT: nvm. I found it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My local Best Buy only got 1 period, and the MS store in Indy was sold out within an hour of opening and had a 15 person long waiting list. The 128GB is sold out online, so I had to order the 64GB. Nuts. Want it now dammit!

I did some hunting around Indy all morning as well. No luck. :(

Around 70+ people now. They r giving "menu cards" on wat Surface u want.

They have a bundle deal. $100 more u get type cover, screen protector, case, and Office with Protection Plan

Around 70+ people now. They r giving "menu cards" on wat Surface u want.

They have a bundle deal. $100 more u get type cover, screen protector, case, and Office

You sure it's $100 more? Mine was $199 for Office 365, Case, Screen Protector, and Accidental Damage coverage; and $299 for all that plus a touch cover (or $310 for type cover instead).

You sure it's $100 more? Mine was $199 for Office 365, Case, Screen Protector, and Accidental Damage coverage; and $299 for all that plus a touch cover (or $310 for type cover instead).
Yeah i think thats wat it is but the lady keep saying for hundred more.
Did u get the discount card and able to use it for Surface purchase

ezekial45

Banned
is there a better web browser I can use on the surface? IE is driving me crazy, and I really want to be able to access mobile versions of sites.

WeeBey

Neo Member
128GB Surface Pros are still available at Microsoft.ca. I'm not sure whether they ship worldwide but it's worth a shot.

This is the slowest line ever. Every 10 mins one person goes in, and there's couple store associate just idling around

I think the store just want the image of huge crowd

is there a better web browser I can use on the surface? IE is driving me crazy, and I really want to be able to access mobile versions of sites.

Pro? Install whatever you want. Chrome has a Metro version you can use.

On RT, its just IE. All ARM tablets are this way (iPads are stuck with Safari). There will likely be other browsers you can install eventually, but it will just be a new UI around the IE rendering engine.

Haklong

In the northeast and there is a driving ban so I can't go anywhere. MS Store in Salem NH seems to be closed and the one at the Prudential Center only have 64GB left (I want 128). Hopefully I can get one this coming week.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Fuck got an issue my touch cover isn't working. Tried 2 and neither is working wtf! Anyone know if its possible to disable the keyboard on accident or am I fucked already?

Haklong

Fuck got an issue my touch cover isn't working. Tried 2 and neither is working wtf! Anyone know if its possible to disable the keyboard on accident or am I fucked already?

I had that issue once with the RT and a reboot fixed it. If that doesn't work then I guess the connectors are broken maybe.

Chris R

The two local BBs got 5 total units apparently... What a cluster of a launch. Dude in the computer area said I was probably the 20th person asking about them, and it was only 10 minutes after opening.

dLMN8R

I'm curious if there are any tablet-friendly games on Steam. Lots of stuff that supports controllers obviously, but Steam Big Picture Mode doesn't support any sort of touch as far as I know.

DagsJT

Pretty surprised at how few games are available for the RT, I thought there'd be more given it's been out a while now.

Pooya

I'm curious if there are any tablet-friendly games on Steam. Lots of stuff that supports controllers obviously, but Steam Big Picture Mode doesn't support any sort of touch as far as I know.

Big Picture mode work with mouse, so it should be good enough to navigate I imagine, all the menus are big.

for tablet friendly games, Civilization V got updated last year for ultrabooks and got a touch friendly UI with gestures, pinch to zoom etc.

there are ports of iOS games, like Sword & Sworcery, should work well enough with touch, it's point and click and menus are straight from iPad.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

Ok got off the phone with customer service and they are sending me a new surface pro and I'm to send mine back. No biggie works great with just on screen keyboard. Could have taken it back to the store but its a long drive and I doubt they have any 128s left

moowear

50 people in line in South Coast Plaza MS Store. I hope I can get one!

Is there a separate line if you just want to buy accessories? want to grab an extra power adapter...hope the line isn't too long once I get over there. Picked up mine from bestbuy in Tustin. 128gb and 64b sold out though I'm sure they only had a few to sell anyway. Said UPS was dropping off more later on in the day.

Is there a separate line if you just want to buy accessories? want to grab an extra power adapter...hope the line isn't too long once I get over there. Picked up mine from bestbuy in Tustin. 128gb and 64b sold out though I'm sure they only had a few to sell anyway. Said UPS was dropping off more later on in the day.
If ur just picking up accessory u can just walk in the store

FStop7

Banned
So I stopped by the MS store in Century City and they were sold out save for reserved units. No surprise. I put my name on a list for 128 models in case some were left over but after spending some time with a demo unit I'm going to pass.

My main issue was with the digitizer: it still reads multi touch inputs even while using the stylus. So every time my hand even slightly brushed the glass while writing or drawing it caused things to go crazy. To use this I would either need to wear a glove or completely alter the way I write. I'm hoping the next generation of Surface has better detection when it comes to false inputs.

So I stopped by the MS store in Century City and they were sold out save for reserved units. No surprise. I put my name on a list for 128 models in case some were left over but after spending some time with a demo unit I'm going to pass.

My main issue was with the digitizer: it still reads multi touch inputs even while using the stylus. So every time my hand even slightly brushed the glass while writing or drawing it caused things to go crazy. To use this I would either need to wear a glove or completely alter the way I write. I'm hoping the next generation of Surface has better detection when it comes to false inputs.
Weird. I used One Note last week and put my palm on the screen to see if it goes crazy. I started sketching with no problem

Top Bottom