• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

ethelred

Stumpokapow said:
I expect a WarioWare installment with some sort of interesting gimmick, a puzzle-platformer that is what Wario 7 wanted to be, and maybe a 3d game in the mold of the awful Wario GCN.

Ick.. now that you mention it, I recall Treasure's working on a Wii action game. Hopefully they're not being wasted on another stupid Wario game. :/

FiRez said:
hmmm........Retro never made a FPS, afaik

As I recall, they made three.

November fourth things.

1) Eden Games is currently working on a new Test Drive title for a release late next year/early 2009 on PS3/360/PC, the game will use the open-world gameplay and online features seen in last year's Test Drive Unlimited.

Kind of old here, its been known for some time now. I guess this leaker can't be all seeing. I wonder who he is...

Lucky

So very interesting and so many that I want to believe are true:
Itadaki coming to the US.
Wii Motorsports WiiWare,
New WarioWare titles

It's a great time to be a gamer and a great time to be a rumor monger.

ethelred said:
Ick.. now that you mention it, I recall Treasure's working on a Wii action game. Hopefully they're not being wasted on another stupid Wario game. :/

As I recall, they made three.

He probably stands by the first person adventure schtick.

15) ChuChu Rocket! comeback for DS and/or Wii.
AWESOME!
I have been saying that this damn game needs to come out on the DS or Wii for ages. One of the best puzzle games i have ever played and 4-player after a few drinks is brilliant!

Shame that the new Retro IP is not a FPS as i really want a more action orientated one from Nintendo. MP3 has too much adventure and scanning for my taste. Still, it will be interesting to see what it is.

Xzbeat

f@luS said:
Hi dude. I actually live in Paris. Anyway

http://ubisoft.profils.org/recrutement/ConsultDoss/ListeDoss.asp

Ubisoft French job pages

For exemple you can see :

Job : 3D GFX animator / Reference : GFX3D-Animator FR/ Lieu (place...) : PARIS
Job : Assistant Chargé d'étude jeux vidéos / Ref : C-PI-ACEJ / Lieu (place...): Montreuil

edit :
Here you go :

28 rue Armand Carrel
93 108 Montreuil Cedex
Tel: +33 (1) 48 18 50 00
Fax: +33 (1) 48 57 07 41

Austerlitz 2000
173-179 rue du Chevaleret
75646 Paris Cedex 13
Tel: +33 (1) 48 18 50 00
Okay...
If you had time to search for their job page I guess you can also check their corporate website and get the info you're searching for.
I dont want to waste my time proving actual facts. If you don't know the difference between game studios (where you actually develop the game) and retailers relations offices I just can't help.

pswii60

Kamakazie! said:
AWESOME!
I have been saying that this damn game needs to come out on the DS or Wii for ages. One of the best puzzle games i have ever played and 4-player after a few drinks is brilliant!

Shame that the new Retro IP is not a FPS as i really want a more action orientated one from Nintendo. MP3 has too much adventure and scanning for my taste. Still, it will be interesting to see what it is.

Great, but ChuChu on XBLA/PSN plz

Nolan.

I would have liked shenmue for wii to be true then again if it bombed like 3rd part stuff usually does there shenmue 3 would be even less likely.

Thomper

HAL_Laboratory said:
Never stopped Apple.
You can play your 'old' songs on a new iPod, and vice versa.

You might be able to play old DS games on a new DS, but if the last 20+ years of the gaming industry have been an indication, you won't be able to play new DS games on an old DS. That's quite a big difference.

jgkspsx

I definitely believe the Chu Chu Rocket thing. Sega's realizing that the time for the Dreamcast is NOW, even if it's called the Wii. This just sets the stage for 7/7/9. Believe.

And those mice are TOO STRONG TO DIE.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
jgkspsx said:
I definitely believe the Chu Chu Rocket thing. Sega's realizing that the time for the Dreamcast is NOW, even if it's called the Wii. This just sets the stage for 7/7/9. Believe.

And those mice are TOO STRONG TO DIE.
I'm with the people who think an XBLA or PSN version would make more sense, because that game was made for online play in mind...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
i'm surprised GAF is listening to her. not that i'm much better, just i always thought GAF was full of jaded gamers who scoff at even the mention of "rumor"

guess there still are some tin-foil hatters round here :lol

doomed1 said:
i'm surprised GAF is listening to her. not that i'm much better, just i always thought GAF was full of jaded gamers who scoff at even the mention of "rumor"

No it's just that she's gotten stuff right and people are now willing to believe her.

Madman

doomed1 said:

When you get something right (Getaway online MMO becoming Home), you are credible. Credibility means GAF will listen.

ethelred

SolidSnakex said:
No it's just that she's gotten stuff right and people are now willing to believe her.

On the topic of getting things right...

1) What differentiates you from that Bryce dude at rumorreporter.com?
Many, many things. He is guy, he does not surf (probably). He is obviously not "in the know" and obviously is not an industry insider. He does not know what he is talking about very often. His source is the NeoGAF forums.

stalker

My Wario-guesses, in order of probability (not counting simple extensions of Touched or Smooth Moves)

WarioWare for Wii using the balance board
Wario Wii 3D platformer (sort of the GCN title)
New Wario Land for DS
WarioWare DS with speech recognition microgames
WarioWare DS Twisted with a rumble/motion sensing add-on in slot 2

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
stalker said:
My Wario-guesses, in order of probability (not counting simple extensions of Touched or Smooth Moves)

WarioWare for Wii using the balance board
Wario Wii 3D platformer (sort of the GCN title)
New Wario Land for DS
WarioWare DS with speech recognition microgames
WarioWare DS Twisted with a rumble/motion sensing add-on in slot 2

Since I posted my comment she specifically said in the comments section of the entry that the Wii title (there's one Wii title out of the three) is NOT a Wario World sequel. Treasure is safe!

HAL_Laboratory said:
Never stopped Apple.
That's not the same thing though. Ipods play the same thing, music (video could be done on older ones, but it was mostly meant for music). The new handheld will have new games unplayable to the DSL users. Nintendo'll be leaving them in the cold. They shouldn't force their customers to buy a new device, and most likely end the life cycle of the NDS, when an older one is selling phenomenally.

Edit. Beaten by Thomper.

Sloane

Banned
http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/11/distaster-days-of-ubisofts-many.html

Later in 2006, Ubisoft was the location of mass occurrences of freaking out because a little game called Assassin's Creed was an absolute trainwreck. The game was scheduled for released in March and all they had was a big city where you assassinate nine guys, there was no side quests, no mini games, absolutely nothing else except a complex control scheme that innovated virtual climbing and a ton of animations. Thus a lead person from the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter team had to be brought in to "fix the game." They game would be delayed for eight months while improvements were done. Now, next week, for some reason, you will explore some dude's genetic memory using a machine like you never have before. This dude has a bunch of other ancestors that were assassins, expect to virtually experience them as well.

(...)

In fact, Tom Clancy's name was nowhere to be found early on in the development of Splinter Cell Conviction. That game was delayed because Ubisoft is concerned it is too much like Assassin's Creed in the way it uses "dynamic crowds" and daylight stealth.

Sound pretty credible, sadly. Kinda funny though... the horrible sci-fi interface always reminded me of GRAW.

Icarus

I'd bet the same thing being said of Ubi in that piece could be said of 95% of all successful publishers... and yet, most are profitable and growing. Can't be all bad.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
The stuff about the Ubisoft Montreal management is widely known - it was in all the Quebec papers. First time I've doubted this person's 'insider' credentials.

Sloane said:
http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/11/distaster-days-of-ubisofts-many.html

Sound pretty credible, sadly. Kinda funny though... the horrible sci-fi interface always reminded me of GRAW.

That can't be quite right - the sci-fi stuff was in the E3 2006 demo, after all. That kinda makes me doubt his/her credibility a bit.

Among other things that have been posted in the comments section:

-BG&E2 will be for PS3, 360, and Wii
-Exclusive Mega Man title in development for Wii
-Nintendo's next handheld will ship in late 2009, but is also three or four years away (huh?)
-Street Fighter IV will have 2D gameplay and cel-shaded 3D graphics... or something.

OmonRa

A lot of what she's reporting re: Ubi is off. PoP wasn't the game getting the FPS treatment. The sci-fi stuff in AC has been in for YEARS at this point. Her source is probably disgruntled ex-employee (or even current one) who was not actually on either project.

FYI - Rainbow Six Vegas and Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter were "tremendous messes" if you ask the right people. Look how they turned out.

ksamedi

Father_Brain said:
That can't be quite right - the sci-fi stuff was in the E3 2006 demo, after all. That kinda makes me doubt his/her credibility a bit.

Among other things that have been posted in the comments section:

-BG&E2 will be for PS3, 360, and Wii
-Exclusive Mega Man title in development for Wii
-Nintendo's next handheld will ship in late 2009, but is also three or four years away (huh?)
-Street Fighter IV will have 2D gameplay and cel-shaded 3D graphics... or something.

What history are you talking about? There has literally never been a Nintendo handheld that could not also play the games released on its immediate predecessor.

That said: the idea that the successor to the DS would come out in 2009 and cut short its ludicrous success while the successor to the PSP is still three to four years away.... I don't so much buy that at all.

I think the new DS is the one for seniors with bigger screens we've been hearing about.

Thomper said:
You might be able to play old DS games on a new DS, but if the last 20+ years of the gaming industry have been an indication, you won't be able to play new DS games on an old DS. That's quite a big difference.

What history are you talking about? There has literally never been a Nintendo handheld that could not also play the games released on its immediate predecessor.

That said: the idea that the successor to the DS would come out in 2009 and cut short its ludicrous success while the successor to the PSP is still three to four years away.... I don't so much buy that at all.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I bet Balance Board Wario Ware would rock. Especially considering it's the follow up to a bad Wario Ware.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Visualante said:
Jesus Assassin's Creed spoiler :( That sucks.

I had dodged it until now.

This is apparently somethign that is revealed within the first few moments of the game. I wouldn't feel too bad.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
From what I've heard, that stuff about Assassin's Creed is fairly true. And I am not an insider, so it can't have been too under lock and key.

Top Bottom