• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 32: Kaôh Rng |OT| Anything that can Kaôh Rng, will.

vypek

That episode made me mad, wtf. That was so irresponsible to not be even giving them water or anything. Terribly thought out, poorly executed challenge. Lost a good player because of it and wiped out two others to the ground. Just really shitty of Survivor and I hope they learn something from this (they won't).

And I feel bad for Alecia. Jason and Scott are horrible people.

Just an episode that made me angry all around. :mad:

I think they did, no? Wasn't season 31 filmed after this one? Did they give them more water in that season?

But yeah it was really irresponsible of them not to give them any hydration

turtle553

I like how Scot Pollard called himself NBA champ even though he played 0 minutes in the 2008 playoffs. Technically true, but come on.

There is no way I wouldn't hate Alecia if I were on her tribe so I can't say I blame them. They were excessively rude for sure, but she was no doubt infuriating. She came across as vapid and insanely full of herself. You just know she thinks she played well and just got bad tribe mates. She dug her own grave.

Parch

I don't think they expected the comp to go that long in that heat. When they were out there for an hour and medical gets called out for the first victim... stop the contest. Give them a chance to cool down and then continue the comp. It was really irresponsible to keep going when people are collapsing. Losing Caleb because of this was a real low point for Survivor.

whitehawk

Banned
I don't think they expected the comp to go that long in that heat. When they were out there for an hour and medical gets called out for the first victim... stop the contest. Give them a chance to cool down and then continue the comp. It was really irresponsible to keep going when people are collapsing. Losing Caleb because of this was a real low point for Survivor.
Well Debbie is an older skinny person. It's hard to expect that someone like Caleb and cydney would go down two. They're two of the most in shape people on the show.

turtle553

There is no way I wouldn't hate Alecia if I were on her tribe so I can't say I blame them. They were excessively rude for sure, but she was no doubt infuriating. She came across as vapid and insanely full of herself. You just know she thinks she played well and just got bad tribe mates. She dug her own grave.

Not really, kind of kicked a hole in the sand.

BTM

Yeesh, that was definitely wild. Super sad to see Caleb go, but it seems like he'll definitely return in the future sometime.

Was reading Dalton's recap and it seems it was 118 degrees outside! There is also deleted scene with Julia (who's evidently someone on the Beauty tribe lol) who made a few more remarks on the challenge.

llehuty

I think they did, no? Wasn't season 31 filmed after this one? Did they give them more water in that season?

But yeah it was really irresponsible of them not to give them any hydration
Joe fainted during a challenge also. Could have easily followed the steps of Caleb. They really need to rethink the potentially long challenges.

I kind of agree, she was really tone deaf, cheering for everyone when they were super tired, or even stirring shit after the brutal challenge.

I understand she was desperate, but she was positioning herself awfully for even a swap situation.

BunnyBear

That episode made me mad, wtf. That was so irresponsible to not be even giving them water or anything. Terribly thought out, poorly executed challenge. Lost a good player because of it and wiped out two others to the ground. Just really shitty of Survivor and I hope they learn something from this (they won't).

Huh? They have water. They carry it with them, and you could only blame them for running it in the heat of the day. How was it terribly thought out and executed?

They test the challenges incessantly beforehand, I think the only real mistake was doing it in the middle of the day.

BunnyBear

Also, sucks to see Alecia go. She was a great character. We lost two strong characters in one episode. This doesn't bode well.

DeviantBoi

Why did they bury those bags so deep?

I've seen this challenge before and it's never gone for so long, if I remember correctly.

chris121580

That's the only thing she dug...heyooo! But seriously, id be pissed too if the whole team was digging and she was just kicking the sand around

ultron87

I could have Will on for a few weeks to generate some more gifs.

latest

J-Rod

Even if Alecia did have a good personality or whatever, I still think she was screwed from the get-go being placed in that tribe. It is a miracle she lived through the first two tribals.

noshten

Even if Alecia did have a good personality or whatever, I still think she was screwed from the get-go being placed in that tribe. It is a miracle she lived through the first two tribals.

There is always people screwed by Tribe placement or being a minority on Survivor. It's not a fair game and quite a bit of luck is required to get deep.

Anyhow I've not really gotten into this season yet, but hopefully the merge into two tribes creates a clusterfuck that brings in the drama. Usually I don't like first few episodes in any case so I've not really invested yet. Also Debbie is like my favorite person this season, but it's going to be so hard for this older lady to win - especially if she continues to rub some people the wrong way. Jason is an alright villain but there are people that come out as bigger douchebags than him this season, so judging from that editing I expect him to make it far while Scott doesn't. I don't see any males other than Tai this season who have gotten a positive edit.

BTM

So apparently Caleb's liver and kidney started to fail as well which added to the urgency to get him evacuated as fast as possible. His organs were basically shutting down.

The Beard

She was incredibly dumb and just oblivious to everything around her. I mean, she knew she was at the bottom and was guaranteed to be voted off next, then she found the immunity idol clue. What does she do next? She tells Cydney about it. WTF? How stupid can you be? I kind of felt sorry for her for a second, but I couldn't believe how stupid she was and was sort of happy that someone else got it.

She was absolutely useless in physical challenges and mental challenges. Brawn deserves to be in last place for voting 2 people off before voting Alecia off. I still don't understand the reasoning for voting 2 strong competitors off while keeping a useless 95lb boat anchor.

Parch

I'm trying to remember if they've ever let a comp continue when medical was called in. Usually they just pause the game and deal with it before continuing. Especially when they're dealing with heat stroke that could effect everybody and not some random injury, they should have stopped the comp.

I imagine when they're testing these comps they're using well fed, well rested people and not during the hottest part of the day.
I wonder how much authority they give to medical to stop a comp, or is it all on production to make the call.

J-Rod

She was absolutely useless in physical challenges and mental challenges. Brawn deserves to be in last place for voting 2 people off before voting Alecia off. I still don't understand the reasoning for voting 2 strong competitors off while keeping a useless 95lb boat anchor.

It blows my mind they voted that first guy off. Yeah, he screwed up on the goggles, but he at least could possibly do better the next time whereas Alecia's muscle mass and IQ isn't going to magically increase by the next challenge. "We brawn tribe for a reason!", indeed.

ReAxion

It blows my mind they voted that first guy off. Yeah, he screwed up on the goggles, but he at least could possibly do better the next time whereas Alecia's muscle mass and IQ isn't going to magically increase by the next challenge. "We brawn tribe for a reason!", indeed.

Yeah the punitive nature of that move helps illustrate how terrible of a tribe they are. Like, he learned his lesson, next time he holds the mask on his face; done.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm trying to remember if they've ever let a comp continue when medical was called in. Usually they just pause the game and deal with it before continuing. Especially when they're dealing with heat stroke that could effect everybody and not some random injury, they should have stopped the comp.

I imagine when they're testing these comps they're using well fed, well rested people and not during the hottest part of the day.
I wonder how much authority they give to medical to stop a comp, or is it all on production to make the call.

yeah, obviously it's never happened where a team had already finished the challenge had the medical issue - obviously in any other circumstance medical stopping a team from doing the challenge would be a competitive issue, but not in this case... and given the heat I'm sure they were just hoping someone would find a bag and put an end to it

UberTag

Pretty strong odds one of the girls wins this season - most of the guys aren't likeable enough to pull it off. Tai, Neal, Joe the only options, and they're pretty obvious "DONT LET THEM GET TO THE END" types.
We could draw that conclusion from the pre-season previews when Probst wasn't excited about it.

belushy

Banned
Can't wait for Scot and Jason to get voted off. What an annoying duo.

Caleb was super likable so it sucks he was evacd. 1000% he is coming back, though.

The Beard

Can't wait for Scot and Jason to get voted off. What an annoying duo.

Jason is a straight up toxic teammate. I think Scot could be a good teammate in a better situation, but he got teamed up with some duds. He was a dick to Alecia, but who wouldn't have been at that point. She was completely useless in every challenge. Then, while pushing sand around with her feet she's trying to give a pep talk to her exhausted teammates in 110+ degree weather.

kirblar

Apparently the "RC" was a combo IC/RC that got the TC cancelled after the medevac.

And it seems both times that Jason/Scot/Cydney were throwing the challenge because they wanted Alecia gone so she wouldnt talk about the idol.

I think people defending Alicia are insane. Scot and Jason are 100% being dicks and overall just handling the situation horribly, but Alicia comes off as nothing but an idiot that loves to push buttons. She seems like someone that is absolutely infuriating and would be impossible to deal with for any continuing amount of time. She seems worse than Abi Maria.

DeviantBoi

They tested that challenge, how did it go so wrong.

I read that when the Dream Team tested the challenge, there were flags in the pit that showed them where to dig for the bags.

Plus, I doubt that they were anywhere near as exhausted as the actual players were after nine days or under the same harsh sun and temperature.

I read that when the Dream Team tested the challenge, there were flags in the pit that showed them where to dig for the bags.

Plus, I doubt that they were anywhere near as exhausted as the actual players were after nine days or under the same harsh sun and temperature.

They were also more then likely wearing appropriate clothing.

Top Bottom