• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweden-GAF |OT| I'd Say It's Pretty Lagom

Vad är "huen"? Ni snackar så konstiga språk här inne. Jag behöver en Google Translate som översätter från SweGAF till Swedish. Framförallt när ni snackar humbojumbo out of context herpderps amirite.

Men gott nytt år och stuff. Hoppas jag hittar en lägenhet nästa år :)
Inte en chans.

Groof

Hahaha.

That's okay :) Också helt ok att du stavade fel på ens. Många som stavar fel på det. Många som skriver ända istället för enda också.
Jag fick lära mig som barn att associera ända med rumpa för att urskilja ända från enda. Det funkade otroligt väl.

breakfuss

I went through a mini Swedish obsession a few years ago, lol. Started with the band Little Dragon, with whom I literally became obsessed (have seen them live several times). The Swedes I've met online (here and elsewhere) are almost always smart, friendly and just all around awesome. I really, really, really hope to visit this August. My only reservation is that I hear you guys don't take too kindly to foreigners, especially those of a darker persuasion. I've been told I favor Tiger Woods, so maybe I'll get a pass, eh?! Get it?...JayKAY...there's always a few a bad apples everywhere (I hail from Florida, I should know). Anyway, Happy New Years to you guys!

Paganmoon

I went through a mini Swedish obsession a few years ago, lol. Started with the band Little Dragon, with whom I literally became obsessed (have seen them live several times). The Swedes I've met online (here and elsewhere) are almost always smart, friendly and just all around awesome. I really, really, really hope to visit this August. My only reservation is that I hear you guys don't take too kindly to foreigners, especially those of a darker persuasion. I've been told I favor Tiger Woods, so maybe I'll get a pass, eh?! Get it?...JayKAY...there's always a few a bad apples everywhere (I hail from Florida, I should know). Anyway, Happy New Years to you guys!

Bad apples can be found anywhere, there shouldn't be a problem for you in Sweden, we love Americans.

Where in Florida are you from? Actually in Miami beach ATM, and we're not sure if we should spend Nye at ocean drive or if other parts of south beach are better for partying. Any suggestions?

Nice nyår trots ingen utgång :) Nice mat också: hummersoppa, oxfilé, panacotta etc. Come at me 2014.

What? That's the dumbest thing I've heard all year. Get it? Cause this year has only been going for a year and nine minutes (Swedish time). No but seriously Swedes love foreigners. I have a few American friends in Sweden and they've settled in really well. There are also loads of immigrants from Bosnia and Iraq and where I'm from they're treated great too. I don't know where you've heard that. Maybe because of the somewhat new Swedish party that's against foreigners? No one like them, they're only popular because of certain confused youth and dislike at the government for whatever freaking reason (Swedes are ALWAYS complaining. ALWAYS. We have some of the highest living standards in the world but hell Swedes will complain. I do too. It's always too hot or too cold.)

Come over here, get a house and invite me to your parties. My jokes are amazing and I'm fluent in like a million languages.

zon

You've heard wrong. No one cares about the colour of your skin if the accent that comes out of your mouth is American/British/[insert english speaking nationality here]. If you visit any of the larger cities no one will even notice you. There's plenty of black/brown men/women there. In a smaller town the inhabitants might give you an extra look or two, but moreso because they rarely meet dark skinned people than having a dislike for you.

Nice nyår trots ingen utgång :) Nice mat också: hummersoppa, oxfilé, panacotta etc. Come at me 2014.

What? That's the dumbest thing I've heard all year. Get it? Cause this year has only been going for a year and nine minutes (Swedish time). No but seriously Swedes love foreigners. I have a few American friends in Sweden and they've settled in really well. There are also loads of immigrants from Bosnia and Iraq and where I'm from they're treated great too. I don't know where you've heard that. Maybe because of the somewhat new Swedish party that's against foreigners? No one like them, they're only popular because of certain confused youth and dislike at the government for whatever freaking reason (Swedes are ALWAYS complaining. ALWAYS. We have some of the highest living standards in the world but hell Swedes will complain. I do too. It's always too hot or too cold.)

Come over here, get a house and invite me to your parties. My jokes are amazing and I'm fluent in like a million languages.

Vad är "huen"?

Men inte skånska uppenbarligen!

breakfuss

Where in Florida are you from? Actually in Miami beach ATM, and we're not sure if we should spend Nye at ocean drive or if other parts of south beach are better for partying. Any suggestions?

I'm from the much prettier Tampa Bay :), unfortunately, so I've no clue where any of that is. Sorry!

I think it was around the time of the Norwegian killings that I first heard about the growing cuckoo strain of conservatism in Scandinavia. I realize they're in the minority, though, and that's it's more targeted toward immigration. Even if it wasn't I wouldn't let it deter me from visiting (lol, unless it was like some real, real crazy shit). Hell, I think I'd even love to live there a for a bit.

Gott nytt år!

Gonna hijack this thread for some help from swedish gaffers.

I am looking to get into PC gaming, I never played games on PC before, well I did back in the days of Doom and Worms haha but I am thinking of going back to PC for a while.

I need a good setup for todays games, what kind of PC do I need? I am not looking to spend to much money on it, I dont need to be able to play the games on the highest settings. I been keeping my eye on this one but maybe there is something better out there for a better price tag ??

http://www.komplett.se/komplett-gamer-a10/10826

it has a
AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor

XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB

any help is appreciated.

I think it was around the time of the Norwegian killings that I first heard about the growing cuckoo strain of conservatism in Scandinavia. I realize they're in the minority, though, and that's it's more targeted toward immigration. Even if it wasn't I wouldn't let it deter me from visiting (lol, unless it was like some real, real crazy shit). Hell, I think I'd even love to live there a for a bit.

The Norwegian killings were done by a white native Norwegian though.

Det där är en helt okej dator. Jag skulle lägga till några kronor för att byta ut hårddisken mot en SSD (t.ex. Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB). Se till att ta en titt på Steam-rean så att du har ett gäng bra spel också.

@arch Säker på att han kan svenska? :p
@strafe Som vanligt? :) Sen morgon dock. Håller på att förstöra min dygnsrytm igen. Måste försöka plugga idag, sen ta min vanliga entimmesrunda ute (kanske lite extra idag) och förhoppningsvis TLOU ikväll.

Det där är en helt okej dator. Jag skulle lägga till några kronor för att byta ut hårddisken mot en SSD (t.ex. Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB). Se till att ta en titt på Steam-rean så att du har ett gäng bra spel också.

Ja det verkar vara den bäst jag finner till det priset.. nu är jag långt ifrån en expert på PC prestanda o grafikkort så kan ha fel :)

Jag köpte min senaste burk från Komplett.se men det var i en högre prisklass och dessutom satte jag ihop den själv. Till skillnad från datorerna du hittar på de flesta stormarknader så lägger de inte till onödigt skit som du ändå inte behöver. De har dessutom utmärkt kundservice. Om du bara vill lira lite PC så är det utmärkt alternativ.

En SSD gör en enorm skillnad när det gäller att starta upp och stänga ner både datorn och program. När du en gång har börjat använda dem är det svårt att gå tillbaka till gamla vanliga diskar. Om du vill lagra media så kan du köpa till en billigare extra HDD på ett par terabyte.

Jag köpte min senaste burk från Komplett.se men det var i en högre prisklass och dessutom satte jag ihop den själv. Till skillnad från datorerna du hittar på de flesta stormarknader så lägger de inte till onödigt skit som du ändå inte behöver. De har dessutom utmärkt kundservice. Om du bara vill lira lite PC så är det utmärkt alternativ.

En SSD gör en enorm skillnad när det gäller att starta upp och stänga ner både datorn och program. När du en gång har börjat använda dem är det svårt att gå tillbaka till gamla vanliga diskar. Om du vill lagra media så kan du köpa till en billigare extra HDD på ett par terabyte.

Då får det bli en sådan! Tack för hjälpen.

Forsete

i5 är väl att föredra om man spelar? Iaf var det sanningen förr.

Jag har en i7 från 2009, still going strong! Sjukt nöjd med denna datorn.
Rekkar därav Intel framför AMD.

Bri

För 7000 spänn borde man väl få i7?

@forsete Aldrig hört, men jag är inget proffs på sånt. Varför skulle i5 vara att föredra?

i7:ans grej är väl typ multithreading eller vad det nu heter, vilket inte gör någon större nytta i spel. Då kan man spara in några slantar på att köra i5 istället. Jag har egentligen ingen koll, så rätta mig om jag har fel.

Gott nytt år. 2014 känns som rymdens år.

Top Bottom