• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Lol, Baaz, this game is the reason I had to watch SAO in the first place 2 months ago and I've barely played it and only watched anime since. Although, trying to pimp up the ladies is easy, because you can spam R1 and O without looking....

Though unless you are trophy hunting, you really are missing out on a lot by burning yourself out with that and not playing the game lol. Since that literally is the worst part of the game bothering with that stuff :D

Cornbread78

Though unless you are trophy hunting, you really are missing out on a lot by burning yourself out with that and not playing the game lol. Since that literally is the worst part of the game bothering with that stuff :D

I know, I like getting those easy trophies though, I just can't get their friendship meters the lvl, so I get the trophies, only the cutscenes... It is annoying, but alas I need to focus on actually playing the game instead of just watching anime all the time, lol.

deanote666

"The legendary place..."
O "Yes"
(Ding)
"The legendary bench..."
O "Yes"
(Ding)
"I'm thinking about increasing my cooking skill..."
R1 "Yeah"
(Ding)

What's not to like?

Sitrus

The best thing with that is: You can just spam the buttons while watching a movie, reading a book, studying, training, running, conduct a speech, brushing your teeth, eating, while commuting, and while playing another game.

In short: a useless feature.

Cornbread78

The best thing with that is: You can just spam the buttons while watching a movie, reading a book, studying, training, running, conduct a speech, brushing your teeth, eating, while commuting, and while playing another game.

In short: a useless feature.

Very true, I plan to finally get the trophies spamming R1 while watching anime over the next couple weeks, I just have to try and get their friendship past lvl. 3, which is not working out right..

So I'm just at the point i have to complete some task before they let me fight my first big boss... They say i need to complete a sister something quest... I have no idea where to go get that... I also have a couple other events i can complete... I have no idea where to go... Am i missing something?

Cornbread78

So I'm just at the point i have to complete some task before they let me fight my first big boss... They say i need to complete a sister something quest... I have no idea where to go get that... I also have a couple other events i can complete... I have no idea where to go... Am i missing something?

If you have found the boss room door and spoke to the guy at the transport crystal, he should tell you exactly what is missing in order to proceed.

Also, finished leveling up my first character to lvl. 5 for the trophy. I spent the night with Silica; sorry folks, no fanservice or anything shady/ perverse to report, it was clean. Only 5 more girls to go..

If you have found the boss room door and spoke to the guy at the transport crystal, he should tell you exactly what is missing in order to proceed.

Also, finished leveling up my first character to lvl. 5 for the trophy. I spent the night with Silica; sorry folks, no fanservice or anything shady/ perverse to report, it was clean. Only 5 more girls to go..

He told me still have no idea where the start of the quest is located.

Baalzebup

He told me still have no idea where the start of the quest is located.

The start of the quest is in the same area as the teleport gate. There is a dude standing next to a billboard with an exclamation mark over his head, if you haven't gotten any quests from him yet. He has a total of 3 or 4 quests to give, the others are optional.

The gathering spots for the items that the quest needs are in an area called Loser's Canyon, a few maps screens out to the Aincrad floor 76, toward the labyrinth.

Parakeetman

I still have no idea how the hell that whole trophy system works on psn lol. Then again I mostly ignore the stuff and have the notifications switched off as it gets in the way of when I record anything. D:

Baalzebup

Haha, despite the translations being what they are, there are some good gems hidden among them.

I had a genuine laugh at one paragraph from Silica after clearing floor 77, when the haremettes were having an envy meeting and Silica got into some Bacchus juice. The japanese lines were kinda run of the mill, but the "translated" version was golden.

And ofc she got a part-time job quest? in a
maid cafe.

Parakeetman

Is it Beyer to use the multiplayer opton when exploring there?

Not really. You can if you want, but due to not having direct command over your team members, makes the combat more of a mess. Direct command as in the usual partner commands and such. Which means you need to set your character up to make sure you keep all of the attention of the enemy otherwise things get too random.

Baalzebup

You guys should have an interesting time once you start to go through the hollow fragment area.

Eh, I've spent most of my time leveling there. The Aincrad parts have been the very definition of cakewalk since I've been so badly overleveled that it ain't even funny anymore. Having access to -20% cost 5 chain OSS finishing to The Eclipse is no joke.

I've been doing chains where I get the approval of a girl to 4, then to the Hollow Area to train and get the costumes, doing Implement research all the while, and then finish getting the approval to 5. Rinse and repeat. Looooots of red chests from various mobs, aiming for some decent quality gear. Like rapier from the dead end path that you can only access during the day time with a lv 140~ boss-mob at the end. It can be decent, or it can be rather nice if the RNG decides to favor you.

Then I decided to take a break from that and do the Aincrad side at 'till I get Lisbeths smithing up to speed.

Parakeetman

Eh, I've spent most of my time leveling there. The Aincrad parts have been the very definition of cakewalk since I've been so badly overleveled that it ain't even funny anymore. Having access to -20% cost 5 chain OSS finishing to The Eclipse is no joke.

I've been doing chains where I get the approval of a girl to 4, then to the Hollow Area to train and get the costumes, doing Implement research all the while, and then finish getting the approval to 5. Rinse and repeat. Looooots of red chests from various mobs, aiming for some decent quality gear. Like rapier from the dead end path that you can only access during the day time with a lv 140~ boss-mob at the end. It can be decent, or it can be rather nice if the RNG decides to favor you.

Then I decided to take a break from that and do the Aincrad side at 'till I get Lisbeths smithing up to speed.

Just be sure to beat the hollow fragment stuff before Aincrad I think it was.

Since the Aincrad stuff was not designed with the hollow area in mind with it being the original psp content, its super easy to go way over level and just totally destroy pretty much anything in Aincrad, as they did not really adjust the difficulty at all of there lol.

There used to be some good stuff from the endless dungeon, but some of the patches changed the drop rate so you gotta go down pretty deep before finding some interesting loot. Before there used to be a lot more chests scattered around so it upped the chances of finding something outside of potions. Since you will find a lot of potions the chances of you getting filled up is fairly high also. Back pre-patch I would constantly sell most of them before doing runs in there so I wouldnt be wasting resources lol.

NeOak

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment will be available as a download title this Summer for PS4, and those who already own the PlayStation Vita version will get to transfer some items with their save data and unlock DLC at a later date.

OMG time to grind on Vita

maouvin

Looking good indeed.

Lastly, players who have saves from Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment on the Vita can import them to Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment. The following data will be transferred over:

Player's level (up to 199)
Player's money (up to 99,999,999 Col)
All of the player's items including equipment and other possessions
Heroine's level along with all other player levels

Clear flags, DLC items, and other event items will not be transferred over. All players must start over from the beginning of the game.

And this sounds good enough, but implements are not mentioned hmmm.

Ravage

Looking good indeed.

And this sounds good enough, but implements are not mentioned hmmm.

Yea I really hope implements are carried over. Figuring how to get them the first time was interesting, but I'm definitely not looking forward to redoing them again =.=

Baalzebup

Yea I really hope implements are carried over. Figuring how to get them the first time was interesting, but I'm definitely not looking forward to redoing them again =.=

Tell me about it. Whether or not those transfer over will determine if I'm getting this new version. Grinding some of those was pure ass.

bobawesome

After a hiatus, I decided to dive back into the game but I keep getting these two messages:

"Unable to load Downloadable Content. Please download the content again from PlayStation Store."

and

"If you want to play without downloading content again, you need to initialize save data via [Option] > [SAVE DATA FORMAT] from the title menu."

I've redownloaded the DLC twice and it's still not working right. Anyone have a similar experience? I really don't want to have to wipe my 60+ hours.

Hikami

After a hiatus, I decided to dive back into the game but I keep getting these two messages:

"Unable to load Downloadable Content. Please download the content again from PlayStation Store."

and

"If you want to play without downloading content again, you need to initialize save data via [Option] > [SAVE DATA FORMAT] from the title menu."

I've redownloaded the DLC twice and it's still not working right. Anyone have a similar experience? I really don't want to have to wipe my 60+ hours.
Maybe you forgot to download a certain DLC? It has quite a lot.
I kept getting that. Turns out I wasn't actually downloading all the DLC since some of them look alike/have similar names. I just went to the web store and remote-downloaded all the stuff there one by one to make sure I got them all. It let me use my save after that.

Parakeetman

and

thats odd, since usually that is caused by not having all the DLC. at least with the JP version.

bobawesome

Maybe you forgot to download a certain DLC? It has quite a lot.
I kept getting that. Turns out I wasn't actually downloading all the DLC since some of them look alike/have similar names. I just went to the web store and remote-downloaded all the stuff there one by one to make sure I got them all. It let me use my save after that.

You're a life saver, thank you! For some reason, four of the outfits didn't show up when I tried searching for them directly on the PSTV store. I'm so happy that I don't have to start over.

Parakeetman

You're a life saver, thank you! For some reason, four of the outfits didn't show up when I tried searching for them directly on the PSTV store. I'm so happy that I don't have to start over.

glad you found a fix! Its why really sony needs to fix their psn store since it is such a huge hassle to look through ones download list and such to find things.

that and also redownloading other content and whatnots. at least its a little better when you use the website but still a pain overall.

bobawesome

glad you found a fix! Its why really sony needs to fix their psn store since it is such a huge hassle to look through ones download list and such to find things.

that and also redownloading other content and whatnots. at least its a little better when you use the website but still a pain overall.

Thanks, bud. Yeah, navigating the download list has always been a pain in the butt. I especially hate how PS+ games fly to the top of the list when you renew your subscription.

Kamina777

Banned

EU Bamco website, seen nothing from the American side of things.
Yeah, last word from Namco NA on my facebook which was quite recent , was that this game was on track for its 28th of july release. The delay is mentioned on the EU website.

Unfortunately It'll probably be a couple of days before someone from Bamco NA put's this fear of a NA delay to rest.

Cornbread78

It's been awhile, but has anyone finished the Asuna x Kirito ring/ marriage quests?

It's giving me an event to go to the garden near the Sea of Trees, but where is that? I just opened floor 87.

Parakeetman

It's been awhile, but has anyone finished the Asuna x Kirito ring/ marriage quests?

It's giving me an event to go to the garden near the Sea of Trees, but where is that? I just opened floor 87.

This was over at Gfaqs.

Is that the one where you need to go on a picnic with Asuna? If that's the case that's past the forest of bewilderment, at the forest of the elves. Once you enter the forest of bewilderment take the rightmost exit and you'll get there.

If you're trouble making sense of area, open your hollow map and hold R to show each individual location. You can roughly guess which exit you need to take in each to get to the next depending on its direction relative to your current location.

Be sure to go to the garden yourself first though, as in Kirito alone.
Then go back to Arksophia for a talk event where he tells Asuna about it
Then bring Asuna back to that garden again for the picnic event

Not sure if it helps though as its not as if they provide a map which is kinda necessary for wandering around in the hollow area lol

Parakeetman

Hikami

this is what you're looking for
tumblr_inline_naltaaIxq71sk5zwd.png

Top Bottom