• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

aside from bad translation, is SAO worth the discounted price? I like the anime upto 13th eps or something.

It was one of my favorite Vita games of 2014. Once it clicks, IT CLICKS. The gameplay is phenomenal once you figure everything out, you actually feel a sense of accomplishment, specially when you decided to start fighting enemies 50 levels over you ;)

EDIT: Holy crap. Parakeet, we got 100 pages! Congrats ahaha!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It was one of my favorite Vita games of 2014. Once it clicks, IT CLICKS. The gameplay is phenomenal once you figure everything out, you actually feel a sense of accomplishment, specially when you decided to start fighting enemies 50 levels over you ;)

EDIT: Holy crap. Parakeet, we got 100 pages! Congrats ahaha!

wow that is pretty crazy. do think this was the most active thread out of all the OTs ive done

Corgi

Banned
doubt the sequel will get as big with combat seemingly more straightforward. still surprisingly lack of details on certain aspects.

will hang around to see what's up though and might import the asian version. Any info on dlc?

Parakeetman

Here's hoping Lost Song gets to 100 too. Although this thread isn't as active, I hope the same members come back for the sequel, I truly had a great time with you all.

Yep this thread has had its run thats for sure. Will be interesting to see if Lost Song drums up any reverse interest in Hollow Fragment for those who never picked it up initially.

Indeed was a neat little community here! One thing though dont think Ill go as in dept with the Lost Song OT. haha

:D

I think LS will do good, especially when a western version is announced. Lots of discussions to be had.

Indeed, and we need to set up some multiplayer runs!

Yep this thread has had its run thats for sure. Will be interesting to see if Lost Song drums up any reverse interest in Hollow Fragment for those who never picked it up initially.

Indeed was a neat little community here! One thing though dont think Ill go as in dept with the Lost Song OT. haha

Well I sure hope so, Hollow Fragment was excellent. It's also an achievement, it isn't every day that a niche game such as HF gets an OT to reach the 100 page line.

Me :D Just added the funds to my wallet and will be downloading soon!

Woot, enjoy the game. Feel free to hit us up here if you have any questions! We might not be playing the game anymore, but we can help you with anything you need, the game doesn't really explain things to you and expects you to try new things on your own.

Woot, enjoy the game. Feel free to hit us up here if you have any questions! We might not be playing the game anymore, but we can help you with anything you need, the game doesn't really explain things to you and expects you to try new things on your own.

Alright, thanks! Will definitely do so if needed.

Alright, thanks! Will definitely do so if needed.

Parakeet's first post on this thread is a good place to go for tips and such, but for the more nitpicky details, you'll always have us. Pretty soon you will be min/maxing your gear, abusing skills, and kicking monsters that are waaaay above your level like nothing :p

maouvin

Guys, if I just aim on finishing the Hollow area and Aincard, can I just play it normally or will I eventually need to level up a bit?

I don't have much trouble going againt NM 15~20 levels higher than me, but recently I ran on some higher-level-than-me-mobs-that-respawn-right-on-my-face and I have some worries if I could get overpowered by mere creeps.
Yeah, they killed me once.
I'm pretty sure those respawning things were from a hollow quest, though; it was on a mine on the beach area.

Guys, if I just aim on finishing the Hollow area and Aincard, can I just play it normally or will I eventually need to level up a bit?

I don't have much trouble going againt NM 15~20 levels higher than me, but recently I ran on some higher-level-than-me-mobs-that-respawn-right-on-my-face and I have some worries if I could get overpowered by mere creeps.
(I'm pretty sure those respawning things were from a hollow quest, though, it was on a mine on the beach area).

In the Hollow Area? Definitely. Aincrad shouldn't give you any problems, maybe last few floors, but other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Parakeetman

Yeah, they killed me once.
I'm pretty sure those respawning things were from a hollow quest, though; it was on a mine on the beach area.

Aincrad is a cakewalk in comparison to what you can run into in the Hollow Area. Basically Aincrad is the tutorial so to speak, which is why you pretty much roflstomp everything through the start.

New Dengeki details, follow the Gematsu link: http://gematsu.com/2015/02/sword-ar...scusses-new-characters-hollow-fragment-sequel

Get the summary below.

-Unlike Sword Art Online‘s previous dealing with life and death, this time the basis isn’t as gloomy.
-Rain joins the group around the middle of the game.
-Seven isn’t very good at the game, but she is the leader princess of her guild, Shamrock.
-Shamrock also maintains gameplay guides in real-life.
-It was either Agil and Eugene as being playable, and Agil was decided upon.
-There is no “affection level” this time, but events are triggered based on the combination of characters.
-This one is developed by Artdink, not Aquila, which developed Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. Strictly speaking, the game therefore isn’t a direct sequel per se to Hollow Fragment, but rather considered a new game altogether. Development has been ongoing since before Hollow Fragment‘s release.
-As for that Hollow Fragment sequel that Futami wanted to make if that game sold well… (it’s implying this is likely something in the works).
-Because Lost Song and Hollow Fragment are different games, Hollow Fragment‘s save data is not compatible, but it’s still best to hold onto save data from Hollow Fragment.
-Magic is now easier to use.
-Battle transitions are seamless.
-Maps in the game were previously stated to be 16km. squared, but this is a statistical mix up with a mecha action game (Macross 30). In reality, they’re 1km. squared each, but because there are a number of islands dotted around the game, it’s still a considerably large world.
-The game’s story is 20 to 30 hours long, but it will take longer with the higher difficulty quests and raising.
-Character raising is like the first game. Rather than leveling up, you’ll increase your skill strength.
-Significant updates will be released post launch, and weekly quests will also be delivered. All updates and downloadable content will be free.
-Strea is in the game as though nothing happened. Futami wants to give her a story in the future.
-Futami also wants to take on PlayStation 4 development. If it’s something you want, please make some noise and show there is support from consumers to help convince the company.

Some of these are new, others we had discussed before, like the HF sequel being something entirely different from LS. Interesting that it's been in development since before HF's release though.

pixxxelz

Technically it's not a proper localization yet, it's just the Asian english version :) not an NA/EU version just to avoid confusion. The proper NA/EU release should happen later this year (HF sold so well that it's very unlikely for them to not bring LS out in the west)

Also Agil being playable, is that new? Didn't know that, awesome :D.
Yeah I found that out after a quick Google search, hopefully HF sales were good enough to warrant a physical release of LS
I already preordered my copy on P-A with the fastest shipping option, if I got a release confirmation from Bamco here, physical, I'd be willing to wait. But much like last year, I'd rather get my game for my birthday (just like HF that released in May as well ehe)
I've been thinking about importing it too but I want the vita version, but switching accounts on the vita is pain so I'll just wait for now, if they release it digital only again though I'll just import the ps3 version.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've been interested in this game for a long time now, but haven't gotten around to buying it. The sale got me to purchase though, and I'm downloading it now.

I played like 10 hours now and I must say it still feels a bit low on the budget.

I wish they would have made each area big instead of these Monster-Hunter like small areas.

Stuart444

I played like 10 hours now and I must say it still feels a bit low on the budget.

I wish they would have made each area big instead of these Monster-Hunter like small areas.

It was a PSP game originally. Play through the whole of the Hollow Fragment areas. They are much bigger. (and LS has even bigger areas than that)

Parakeetman

I actually see it, you are right. Must have some tweaks, but the base engine is the same.

Would be the only way to explain how they pumped the game out so fast. But as mentioned multiple times before no better engine to attempt an ALO game with.

My only main concern is the disappointment at the fact that there is no actual character levels and it is just skill level based.

Would be the only way to explain how they pumped the game out so fast. But as mentioned multiple times before no better engine to attempt an ALO game with.

My only main concern is the disappointment at the fact that there is no actual character levels and it is just skill level based.

I could see the game getting stale without some sort of character progression :/

Parakeetman

I could see the game getting stale without some sort of character progression :/

Exactly.

Its odd that they chose to do that considering enemies have levels and such which is displayed.

Ill have to see the actual gameplay design for myself to make judgement if it actually works or not. But its an odd choice nonetheless.

Exactly.

Its odd that they chose to do that considering enemies have levels and such which is displayed.

Ill have to see the actual gameplay design for myself to make judgement if it actually works or not. But its an odd choice nonetheless.

I really am hoping for this game to be awesome. But the more they show, the more it seems like it won't live up to HF's glory. I will reserve any judgement until the day I play it though.

Parakeetman

I really am hoping for this game to be awesome. But the more they show, the more it seems like it won't live up to HF's glory. I will reserve any judgement until the day I play it though.

It wont if you compare it to HF. So basically just forget about that, since pretty much everything we know makes this title totally different in design from HF. Most def it will be more action based with the newer footage.

I suppose the upside to things is we can imagine / hope that a 2nd HF is being made due to the sales and this title is just the stopgap in between for fans. Now if this series does well, then will have another spinoff to work with.

I would imagine that a 2nd HF title would take a lot longer to work out as they will be fully redoing the code and totally removing all the PSP related stuff. From there most def making the game design hardware restrictions based around the Vita as the main platform then possibly go PS4 with the title. If they plan on getting it out to the West again.

It wont if you compare it to HF. So basically just forget about that, since pretty much everything we know makes this title totally different in design from HF. Most def it will be more action based with the newer footage.

I suppose the upside to things is we can imagine / hope that a 2nd HF is being made due to the sales and this title is just the stopgap in between for fans. Now if this series does well, then will have another spinoff to work with.

I would imagine that a 2nd HF title would take a lot longer to work out as they will be fully redoing the code and totally removing all the PSP related stuff. From there most def making the game design hardware restrictions based around the Vita as the main platform then possibly go PS4 with the title. If they plan on getting it out to the West again.
It would simply be silly not to bring it over, HF just won't leave the top 10 list from the store aha. We all know even this one will come, I am just waiting for Bamco to come out and announce this and GE2 to come over.

HF2 on the PS4 would be great. Imagine, no loading screens, just a completely open world, maybe even make it online and have your own character be the protagonist, with Kirito and the gang giving you quests and such.

Stuart444

I'm still super hyped for LS. It looks to be a fun action game plus I like the characters so I'll be happy regardless I think. I just hope you guys enjoy it as well. It's fun to discuss the game in the OTs when it's released :)

Parakeetman

Haven't been following news on Lost Song for a while, is this new?
http://gematsu.com/2015/03/sword-art-online-lost-song-has-custom-character-creation

Didn't know you could actually create your own character, sweet. This is what I've been wanting since they announced it lol.
Could the races be gender-locked though? Shame if so, I'd like to make a male undine.

kinda weird they announced this so late as you would think doing it earlier would get more preorders going.

Parakeetman

Nice find there!

Interesting thats not on bannams official channel. Ah thats right must have been from the conf today.

Good to see visual confirmation also as from the early trailer we knew that the particular character was going to be part of the story from what Asuna said at the end of one.

I just realized something from the character creation, staff type of weapon is mentioned which seems to be a different category from spears. Which means new weapon type besides what was originally known.

----

GE2:RB colab DLC
saoge_06_cs1w1_400x.jpg

Parakeetman

SAO: Lost Song Famitsu scores are in

Sword Art Online: Lost Song (PS3) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (PSV) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]

Did the exact same score SAO: Hollow Fragment did

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (PSV) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]

Corgi

Banned
If you are worried about dumb shit like that, then you are in the wrong thread.
Think they might have looked better in hollow fragment.

The rigging is something special. you don't see much outside of some goofy steam greenlight game lol.

Nothing really else worth talking about until the game is out though.

Curious how pvp will be balanced or if it will at all.

Spam those OSS.

Parakeetman

To the rest of the group here, in regards to the Lost Song OT. Its going to be very, very basic since BanNam went and made all of the resources basically unusable for the most part.

As long as there is a place to discuss the game that should be good enough.

Stuart444

To the rest of the group here, in regards to the Lost Song OT. Its going to be very, very basic since BanNam went and made all of the resources basically unusable for the most part.

As long as there is a place to discuss the game that should be good enough.

Sounds good enough I'd say.

Also my LS has shipped now from Play-asia. Should be here Friday/Monday (most likely Monday or Tuesday if Customs are horrible)

Top Bottom