• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

Jeffrey

So how are y'all controlling the game? I tried index finger and thumb. Nothing feels perfect. Kinda wish it had more traditional virtual button controls lol.

ReaperXL7

So how are y'all controlling the game? I tried index finger and thumb. Nothing feels perfect. Kinda wish it had more traditional virtual button controls lol.

I've been focusing on ranged (Sinon) with rain as my main back up. I mostly use my thumb but depending on how my phone sits I might use my index finger or a combination. It's frantic at times though because since ranged characters can't block you have to keep your fingers ready for lots of dodging. Gleam Eyes was kind of a pain but Sinons Uzi does so much damage that it didn't take long to drop him.

Kukumalu

Went to do my last re-roll of the night before going to play some OPTC and got a 4* Silica.
Probably around 10/20 total re-rolls or so.

chrono01

Went to do my last re-roll of the night before going to play some OPTC and got a 4* Silica.
Probably around 10/20 total re-rolls or so.
Man, you fared a lot better than I did. I don't know how many times I re-rolled (spoiler - it was A LOT!). Congrats!

Also, semi off-topic, but this game made me start watching Sword Art Online again from the beginning. Maybe the second half of S1 won't be so bad the second time through? (It probably will be.)

Quonny

Also, semi off-topic, but this game made me start watching Sword Art Online again from the beginning. Maybe the second half of S1 won't be so bad the second time through? (It probably will be.)

First hundreds of rerolls now actually watching SAO?

Masochist confirmed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Said it already, but the power that 4* Silica has is obscene. I selected one as my partner for some HP Crystal farming and she just mows shit down. The desire is real to pull for her...

ReaperXL7

Accidentally deleted my account!

Feels bad man...though it's not a situation where I had any top tier characters at this point.

I really wish they'd let you skip the tutorial and just pull.

Kettch

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to use my Silica, feel free to follow. Looks like I have 223 spots still, heh.

ID: 260174833075

Finished up the normal story and maxxed out Silica's level 80 stats. Also managed to upgrade a Coat of Midnight to R4. I'm gonna need to look up where to farm Col tomorrow though, since I'm broke just leveling it up to 25.

chrono01

Woot finally Silica :D I can play now lol
Congrats! :)

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to use my Silica, feel free to follow. Looks like I have 223 spots still, heh.

ID: 260174833075

Finished up the normal story and maxxed out Silica's level 80 stats. Also managed to upgrade a Coat of Midnight to R4. I'm gonna need to look up where to farm Col tomorrow though, since I'm broke just leveling it up to 25.
Unfortunately, you'll need to wait another day. The daily tomorrow is for skill crystals, of which I need plenty.

Jeffrey

got a silica account from a generous folk in this thread :p

Anyone want my 4* asuna acc that I played a bit (even bought that starter $1 bundle lol).

chrono01

Ah, I see that the Col daily is Sunday. :/ Is that the only good place for it?
That I know of, yeah. Truth be told, I didn't look into it too much though. I've heard of the money struggles, so I'll probably encounter that issue soon enough.

KimChi

2 days of rerolling with not a single 4* and finally rolled an account with silica. I also got a spare account with 4* Asuna that was right before i got the account with silica lol. If anyone wants that account just shoot a pm.
Finally can try playing now!

Raika

For those who are still rerolling, there's apparently a way to skip the tutorial. Found it on the reddit discord channel.

blvPAhH.png

May RNGesus be with y'all.

Psyfer

For those who are still rerolling, there's apparently a way to skip the tutorial. Found it on the reddit discord channel.

blvPAhH.png

Trying this now on Nox, and it doesn't seem to work. I just get brought back to the name entry screen and forced into the tutorial again.

Edit: Found the problem. In the json folder where you find the appdata folder you're supposed to keep a copy of, there is another file called cocert or something like that. At Step 10, make sure you delete that file, then copy over your appdata folder.

W-00

blvPAhH.png

Tried this a whole bunch of times, with a bunch of tiny variations (including psyfer's fix) and it just doesn't seem to work in MEmu.

Le sigh. I've been rolling for three days now, probably over thirty rerolls, and I haven't seen even a single 4 star.

chrono01

I gave my Seven/Kirito accounts to both Dante and Reaper (let me know if you guys received and transferred everything okay!), but I still have a Strea account if you want it. I know, it's no Silica/Yuuki, but she's apparently pretty decent.

Also, a waifu to some.

Psyfer

Tried this a whole bunch of times, with a bunch of tiny variations (including psyfer's fix) and it just doesn't seem to work in MEmu.

Le sigh. I've been rolling for three days now, probably over thirty rerolls, and I haven't seen even a single 4 star.

When you get to step 10, try deleting the appdata folder and the cacert file, then copying your old appdata folder in. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but it's what I've been doing, rather than copying the old appdata folder and overwriting the new one.

Pejo

Fuck yea. Been playing this a ton since yesterday. I started out after about 50-60 rerolls when I got Seven. But tonight, after doing a few 25 gem pulls, I got 4* Yuuki too. My team is now stacked.

I really want to use Spriggan Kirito, but Nightgown Asuna hits a different set of weaknesses (lizard shield guys) and can have her attributes unlocked now (Spriggan needs cookies or something?) I'll still level him up for the inevitable cookie event I guess.

Yuuki is definitely a beast, I just S-ranked the Blue-Eyed Demon on the first try, after barely beating him with all 3 characters and getting C-rank about a half hour ago.

A few questions for the people that have been following this game for a while -

1. What's the most effective way to farm weapons from stages? It seems you just constantly re-run stages that can have weapons drop from the chests at the end until you get super lucky, but maybe (hopefully) i'm missing something.

2. When do you get your 3rd active skill? Is it a level 80 thing?

3. How do you know which equipment to upgrade? I'm assuming the stuff from the current event is good, since it goes up to 4* and is repeatably farmed. I did notice that the 4* blade from the event isn't as good as a random 4* sword I got from the gacha (stat-wise, level for level).

4. Is there any reason to bang my head on the Black Swordsman Kirito event that just unlocked tonight? I beat the level 50 variant, but the level 80 murders me (i'm level 60'ish with my team). Is money the only thing that you get as a reward?

5. This isn't really a question, but I really enjoy the battle system in this game. It's simple, but the quick pace and fluidity really make it fun to play.

chrono01

BTW, for those trying for Silica, there's an SAO rate-up banner currently going on now, until the 29th. It should give you a better chance at her!

linkent

You guys level up so fast.
any1 have the timer for the EXP quests?

Really hard to play Seven, damage seems too low.
Kinda want to reroll Silica >.<

Pejo

My big secret with Seven is to only play her actively in MP. In SP, I always switched to my best 3* melee character and only switched back to Seven when I was healing or doing burst damage with the lightning spell.

Caim

Fuck yea. Been playing this a ton since yesterday. I started out after about 50-60 rerolls when I got Seven. But tonight, after doing a few 25 gem pulls, I got 4* Yuuki too. My team is now stacked.

I really want to use Spriggan Kirito, but Nightgown Asuna hits a different set of weaknesses (lizard shield guys) and can have her attributes unlocked now (Spriggan needs cookies or something?) I'll still level him up for the inevitable cookie event I guess.

Yuuki is definitely a beast, I just S-ranked the Blue-Eyed Demon on the first try, after barely beating him with all 3 characters and getting C-rank about a half hour ago.

A few questions for the people that have been following this game for a while -

1. What's the most effective way to farm weapons from stages? It seems you just constantly re-run stages that can have weapons drop from the chests at the end until you get super lucky, but maybe (hopefully) i'm missing something.

2. When do you get your 3rd active skill? Is it a level 80 thing?

3. How do you know which equipment to upgrade? I'm assuming the stuff from the current event is good, since it goes up to 4* and is repeatably farmed. I did notice that the 4* blade from the event isn't as good as a random 4* sword I got from the gacha (stat-wise, level for level).

4. Is there any reason to bang my head on the Black Swordsman Kirito event that just unlocked tonight? I beat the level 50 variant, but the level 80 murders me (i'm level 60'ish with my team). Is money the only thing that you get as a reward?

5. This isn't really a question, but I really enjoy the battle system in this game. It's simple, but the quick pace and fluidity really make it fun to play.

1. Outside of the events (like the Illfang one that is up right now) the weapons and armor are pretty random as they can be from anywhere.

2. You get your SS3 (third skill) at Level 50.

3. I just upgrade the event gear if I need too and stick to 3* and up Gacha gear unless I had 2* enough to evolve it because some can go all the way to 4*. I think once an equipment hits 3* it gets a Battle Skill, but so far most of them have been the same thing, ATK 3% HP 3% etc etc.

4. You get a title and even more Col.

8-9 AM EST (5:00-6:00 PST)
3-4 PM EST (12:00-13:00 PST)
12-1 AM EST (21:00-22:00 PST)

chrono01

I don't want to encourage re-rolling, but if you're having second thoughts, now is the time to do it. The longer you go the more progress will be lost if you do end up re-rolling, and that feeling of "meh" probably won't go away (until you pull someone that you actually enjoy playing). She's a great character, and will be invaluable for co-op quests in the near future, but if you're not actually having fun, what's the point?

The game literally just released, and there's a Silica rate-up banner going on. There will be other S-tier characters in the future, but if you want to start with one (and it sounds like you do), best to do it now. Just save your Transfer ID and password, in case you want to return to your Seven account later if you get unlucky re-rolling and/or tire of it.

Raika

You can check the exp dungeon timeslots through the menu's Notices option.

5:00-6:00 (PST)
12:00-13:00 (PST)
21:00-22:00 (PST)

Next one is in 5 hours and 35 minutes.

Edit: I'm slow rip.

Pejo

1. Outside of the events (like the Illfang one that is up right now) the weapons and armor are pretty random as they can be from anywhere.

2. You get your SS3 (third skill) at Level 50.

3. I just upgrade the event gear if I need too and stick to 3* and up Gacha gear unless I had 2* enough to evolve it because some can go all the way to 4*. I think once an equipment hits 3* it gets a Battle Skill, but so far most of them have been the same thing, ATK 3% HP 3% etc etc.

4. You get a title and even more Col.

Cool, thanks for the info. When you say you unlock your third skill at level 50, is it unlocked in the "unlock attribute" screen, or automatically? All 3 of my main characters are above 50 and they don't have their 3rd skill yet.

Caim

Cool, thanks for the info. When you say you unlock your third skill at level 50, is it unlocked in the "unlock attribute" screen, or automatically? All 3 of my main characters are above 50 and they don't have their 3rd skill yet.

No problem! It will be in the attribute screen.

linkent

My big secret with Seven is to only play her actively in MP. In SP, I always switched to my best 3* melee character and only switched back to Seven when I was healing or doing burst damage with the lightning spell.
Can definitely see her potential on MP.
She is someone everyone want to have in a party but hate to be when soloing.

You can check the exp dungeon timeslots through the menu's Notices option.

5:00-6:00 (PST)
12:00-13:00 (PST)
21:00-22:00 (PST)

Next one is in 5 hours and 35 minutes.

Edit: I'm slow rip.
thx you two!
I don't want to encourage re-rolling, but if you're having second thoughts, now is the time to do it. The longer you go the more progress will be lost if you do end up re-rolling, and that feeling of "meh" probably won't go away (until you pull someone that you actually enjoy playing). She's a great character, and will be invaluable for co-op quests in the near future, but if you're not actually having fun, what's the point?

The game literally just released, and there's a Silica rate-up banner going on. There will be other S-tier characters in the future, but if you want to start with one (and it sounds like you do), best to do it now. Just save your Transfer ID and password, in case you want to return to your Seven account later if you get unlucky re-rolling and/or tire of it.
Certainly tempting, but too lazy.
Will just stick with it first.
If only she plays like Byakuya in BBS.

Uthred

User ID:259553753953, running Sillica

Been ages since I watched it but I never really got the hate the second part got. Fuck it, I'm going to re-watch it as well and see what I think now! ;) (I do think Log Horizon does the first part better, largely because it's author clearly played MMO's so it doesn't just feel like a convenient frame for fantasy action)

Psyfer

So, I set up a macro to automatically roll accounts using the faster method.

~150 rerolls later, I have 1 Seven to show for it. I already have a Seven (Thanks Kettch!) so if anyone wants this one, just say so and I'll pm the info.

Think I'm going to keep running the macro though and see what comes up. The nice thing about these accounts is they only use the Tutorial roll, so you don't lose the 6 gems you normally would if you were transferring to a different OS, and, you still have your first "free" pull.

kasane

So, I set up a macro to automatically roll accounts using the faster method.

~150 rerolls later, I have 1 Seven to show for it. I already have a Seven (Thanks Kettch!) so if anyone wants this one, just say so and I'll pm the info.

Think I'm going to keep running the macro though and see what comes up. The nice thing about these accounts is they only use the Tutorial roll, so you don't lose the 6 gems you normally would if you were transferring to a different OS, and, you still have your first "free" pull.

are you running a macro thru nox?

Psyfer

are you running a macro thru nox?

Yeah, it's 3 different recordings that I activate manually. One to delete sharedpref and memories, another to run the game up until it asks for a name, then a final one to delete appdata and cacert and copy the old appdata.

I would automate the last part, but the daily rewards screen seem to just pop up at different times every time, so it's faster to do just that and the actual roll myself.

I would make the 3 macros into one big one, but it only records mouse clicks on the screen, so hitting the home/menu buttons doesn't get recorded.

Psyfer

Wow, any way to share your macros ? :eek:

If they can be shared, I don't know how to do so. Also, your emulator would have to run at the exact speed as mine, loading every window or text box or button at the same time as mine, or the timing would be thrown off anyway, making it useless.

Looking at this reddit link about sharing FFBE macros, it seems more complicated than I'm willing to get into right now.

EDIT: I now have a Yuki to give away as well. If anyone wants Seven or Yuki, reply in this thread and I'll shoot you a pm. Gonna keep the macro rolling, maybe I'll have some Silica accounts to give out later lol. Also, these accounts still have their first "free" roll, so good luck with that one if you decide to take them!

Psyfer

I find this extremely hard to follow at part 4 and 5....

If you've been rerolling using a rooted device, then step 4 and 5 just tell you where memories and sharedprefs are. These are the folders you delete to reroll without redownloading everything. Inside the memories folder is a folder named json, inside that is a folder named appdata and a file named cacert.pem. Copy the appdata folder to another location on your device (I use the "files" folder that you find the "memories" folder in) then delete sharedprefs and memories as you normally would.

Edit: I'm done rerolling for now. I'll be editing this post with what accounts I have to give away. Post a reply in the thread asking for one and I'll PM you the info.

Philia
Seven

linkent

Edit: I'm done rerolling for now. I'll be editing this post with what accounts I have to give away. Post a reply in the thread asking for one and I'll PM you the info.

Yuuki

Already have Seven.
If you dont mind, i would take that Yuuki for "experiment" :D
TIA

Quonny

Dailies crystal quests are pretty bad in comparison to running 11-X. All the 11 stages guarantee two of the largest crystal for one type of color and a bunch of the smaller ones, and are much easier than the dailies. 11-1 yellow, 11-2 green, etc

WOW Silica !! ... 3*

T_T

If they can be shared, I don't know how to do so. Also, your emulator would have to run at the exact speed as mine, loading every window or text box or button at the same time as mine, or the timing would be thrown off anyway, !

Oh I see, I'll try to setup the macros later today, Thank you for the explanation.

Miracle

A couple of questions before I download and start it up.

1. Is there a way to reroll if I'm using an iOS device or should I just use my android phone until I get what I want and transfer?

2. I'm not familiar with most of the names after checking the tier list. Is there a clear out best character(s) I should reroll for? I keep seeing Silica's name pop up here so why her?

Quonny

A couple of questions before I download and start it up.

1. Is there a way to reroll if I'm using an iOS device or should I just use my android phone until I get what I want and transfer?

2. I'm not familiar with most of the names after checking the tier list. Is there a clear out best character(s) I should reroll for? I keep seeing Silica's name pop up here so why her?
1. If your Android phone is rooted, use that and the transfer. It takes 25% of the time to reroll on a rooted phone than it does on a non-rooted phone.
2. Silica is top tier and will be useful for a long time. She's good because she is so versatile and does a lot of damage. Two other good units are Yuuki and Seven. Silica >>>>>> Yuuki >> Seven. That said, any 4* outside of Sinon and Agil are totally fine to play through the game.

Top Bottom