• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

Kettch

Man, EX Kirito is insane. I don't even know where to start against him, by the time I finish dodging he's already started his next whirlwind of death. Maybe it's a parry fight.

Miracle

1. If your Android phone is rooted, use that and the transfer. It takes 25% of the time to reroll on a rooted phone than it does on a non-rooted phone.
2. Silica is top tier and will be useful for a long time. She's good because she is so versatile and does a lot of damage. Two other good units are Yuuki and Seven. Silica >>>>>> Yuuki >> Seven. That said, any 4* outside of Sinon and Agil are totally fine to play through the game.

Awesome, thank you very much.

Welp, hopefully this wont take too long.

Quonny

Man, EX Kirito is insane. I don't even know where to start against him, by the time I finish dodging he's already started his next whirlwind of death. Maybe it's a parry fight.
Kirito is definitely a parry fight and actually pretty good practice for parrying.

Rip casters

Caim

Yeah you pretty much have to get parrying down.

I think the move where he turns his body while swing both swords at the same time is a good move to look out for to parry.

It's intense and I'm looking forward to seeing how the other character introduction quests will be.

Kettch

Yeah you pretty much have to get parrying down.

I think the move where he turns his body while swing both swords at the same time is a good move to look out for to parry.

It's intense and I'm looking forward to seeing how the other character introduction quests will be.

Yeah, thanks guys. Managed to get it S-ranked now. Not sure if it's worth running more, or if Expert will be more efficient time-wise for Col farming.

Caim

Yeah, thanks guys. Managed to get it S-ranked now. Not sure if it's worth running more, or if Expert will be more efficient time-wise for Col farming.

Congrats! Expert mode if you can get it down is probably the best way to farm Col.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I'm going to call it quits on this game. It's a lot of fun, but I just know I can't dedicate the time to it necessary to get the most out of it. I have an account with 5 memory diamonds on iOS (already bought the on time deal). I transferred it from an emulator and logged in today for my 5 login bonus. Also, I have a bad habit with gacha games of investing too much into it and feeling like I HAVE to keep playing. I'd rather not go down that rabbit hole with this game...

I'm pretty far into the story (10-4) and have cleared a few Hard things. Have ~5k event points. My main is a level 69 4* Strea who is pretty legit. If anyone wants this account, let me know. It isn't Silica, but it's fine, ha.

zugzug

Just ran the tutorial for first time and got 2 star lisbeth. That is bad right seems to br from reading you guys here.
I'm on Android what other games are like this?

Kettch

I'm sure the grind will probably get worse, but the 30k event actually isn't too bad. At 600 points a run, that's only 50 times. And the game play is just so fun, that I don't even mind.

MiTYH

Decided to multipull on the character banner. Got a few 3stars to play around with.

How do I evolve a weapon? I seem to be missing some item but can't tell what/where it is

Also I know there's probably something, but what do I do with duplicate weapons?

Kettch

Decided to multipull on the character banner. Got a few 3stars to play around with.

How do I evolve a weapon? I seem to be missing some item but can't tell what/where it is

Also I know there's probably something, but what do I do with duplicate weapons?

One answer for both your questions! To evolve you just need to max upgrade one weapon and then use 3 dupes of that same weapon (they need to be the same star rating, but can be level 1).

Quixzlizx

One answer for both your questions! To evolve you just need to max upgrade one weapon and then use 3 dupes of that same weapon (they need to be the same star rating, but can be level 1).

Fuck. So to get a 4* event rapier, I need to level a 2* up to level 20, evolve with two other 2*, then level the 3* up to 30 and evolve with two other 3*?

ivemadeahugemistake.gif

Kettch

Fuck. So to get a 4* event rapier, I need to level a 2* up to level 20, evolve with two other 2*, then level the 3* up to 30 and evolve with two other 3*?

ivemadeahugemistake.gif

Yeah, except that you need 3 dupes every time you evolve. :p

Thankfully you get 3* rewards occasionally from the EX level, so you probably don't need to bother evolving 2*s unless you get unlucky. I'm sitting on 2 3* rapiers at 15k points.

I'm sad that there's no dagger reward from the event. Guess I'll be using Asuna's dagger on Silica for a while.

Quixzlizx

Yeah, except that you need 3 dupes every time you evolve. :p

Thankfully you get 3* rewards occasionally from the EX level, so you probably don't need to bother evolving 2*s unless you get unlucky. I'm sitting on 2 3* rapiers at 15k points.

I'm sad that there's no dagger reward from the event. Guess I'll be using Asuna's dagger on Silica for a while.

I have a while to go before I can take on EX. I can't even beat Expert yet.

W-00

My thanks to chrono01, psyfer, and everyone else who has offered up 4 star accounts for their generosity, but I finally no longer need it because I finally rolled a 4 star of my very own!

Kirito! In the second roll on that account (the first being a 3 star Klein).

Hm... No waifus on this account. I'd better reroll.

After making very, very sure I have the transfer data for this one safe, that is.

Kitoro

Man, Kirito EX was such a rush.

It was a mirror match, and once I got the parrying down, I was able to beat him consistently with over 70% health remaining.

It's so satisfying to parry and rip into him with my 16 hit special attack with 100% crit rate.

I love the battle system in this game; it's so precise and nuanced.

Quixzlizx

Man, Kirito EX was such a rush.

It was a mirror match, and once I got the parrying down, I was able to beat him consistently with over 70% health remaining.

It's so satisfying to parry and rip into him with my 16 hit special attack with 100% crit rate.

I love the battle system in this game; it's so precise and nuanced.

Do you have to switch characters to get the crit special in after a parry, or can you just use your current character's special?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hm I have to say, I've been giving this game some more playing time lately and it's pretty fun... I know it's going to turn into a big grind and that's sad but it's pretty well made, I have to say. I'll keep chugging along.

Quonny

Do you have to switch characters to get the crit special in after a parry, or can you just use your current character's special?
You don't have to switch. It basically turns your next combo/skill into a guaranteed critical hit no matter who you use.

W-00

So after a 3-day drought I pulled two 4* in three pulls! On different accounts. So I now have a Kirito account and a Seven account. People have said Seven isn't very fun to play as, but I'll have to give her a serious spin before I decide if I want to keep rerolling.

Quixzlizx

After grinding the urgent quest, I'm just about at 80, but it's an empty 80 without the crystals to upgrade my stats. Maybe a better weapon would help... wait, I need to increase my stats first so I'm strong enough to beat the mission that can get me a better weapon.

Flambe

After grinding the urgent quest, I'm just about at 80, but it's an empty 80 without the crystals to upgrade my stats. Maybe a better weapon would help... wait, I need to increase my stats first so I'm strong enough to beat the mission that can get me a better weapon.

Lol yup, event got my Silica from like 52 to 80. Have a 3* weapon on her but crystals etc are all tapped out. Not sure if it's better to grind out the main quests or to grind the Kobold event slowly.

Dandte

Yikes after playing the exp quest for an hour with bronos silica and my seven i deeply want a silica myself. Single player content must be so much easier to clear...everytime she went lower on health i was like...yoo i got you ba...mhm ok you can heal youself....nvm then.

Should i use my neglige asuna or the fairy kirito for close combar fights?

Kettch

Alright, I finished up the 30k event grind. Ended up with enough Cloak of Midnights to 4* 3 of them which is nice, but I only got enough earrings for one 4*. :/ Maybe I'll come back to it after I go through hard story mode.

Ala Alba

Yikes after playing the exp quest for an hour with bronos silica and my seven i deeply want a silica myself. Single player content must be so much easier to clear...everytime she went lower on health i was like...yoo i got you ba...mhm ok you can heal youself....nvm then.

Should i use my neglige asuna or the fairy kirito for close combar fights?

Asuna, because she uses a dagger and you can unlock her stats.

Kitoro

Honestly, the existence of 1*, 2*, and 3* units in this game is really silly, seeing as all of them are complete trash, and never need to be used with the two free 4* and potential 4* tutorial pull, once cost is up enough.

In addition, the weapon gahca is also silly, as anything but the 4* weapons with a 4% drop rate are event farmable, relative trash.

They really should have just left out 1 and 2* characters, merged the Character and Weapon Gacha with rates of:

35% 3* Character

35% 2/4* Weapon

22% 3/4* Weapon

4% 4/5* Weapon

4% 4* Character

That would have made a whole lot more sense, IMO.

After 8 hours of rerolling on 2 devices (!)... I just pulled my first 4* of the day, [Zekken] Yuuki

I'm torn, i really want Silica, but maybe Yuuki is good enough to carry me for a while, and i kinda lost my soul today with all that rerolling...

Kettch

I didn't realize how low level hard mode started out at. Figured it would start over again at 80. Probably should have done it as I was leveling up instead, ah well.

Soooo... this just happened. Been rerolling since yesterday

jZHBQbO.png

I can finally start playing !

Kitoro

^ You're better off taking out your 1* and 3* and just sticking in Asuna so that she can level up. You'll never use the inferior units.

Kitoro

Are the gacha weapons farmable? Read over on reddit that they were a step above farmable stuff

Nope. They're the same ones that can drop in chests during events. It's only the 4* base ones that are unique to gacha. Quite scummy, really.

Dandte

Blew my 325 gems on summons...only got 4* Kirito...meh...should have waited for the Asuna dancer banner, but i wanted a close combat fighter.

Top Bottom