• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria |OT| The Band of the Crowe

This is a nice look:

71Z7KS2.jpg

5xVtT9u.jpg

Rpgmonkey

So you unlock one of the difficulties (Intense) during the game and I guess you get whatever is the absolute hardest from beating it.

You can get it in a first playthrough, but it's unlocked realllly late in the game.

So yeah it's pretty much a NG+-focused setting, in a first playthrough it's more useful as a way to help speed up Grade farming.

Bladenic

The mystic artes in this game are really impressive so far. Got Rokurou and Eleanor's second ones. Eleanor's doubles as a shout out too which is awesome.
Love her version of Lost Fon Drive. Although Lostfon is spelt as one word, which is very weird. Mistake, or was it written the same/equivalent way in the JP version too?

When a game is completely blocked like this, yeah.

Oh well. I guess I won't be able to take pics of my waifu.

This game is great, by the way. Vesperia was the last Tales I've played and it was damn good, but I can't remember any Tales being this dark. Like, game goes places I wasn't expecting at all from a Tales title.

Fuck, I thought they might only have had that restriction for the demo .. they blocked it in the final game too ?

That's just stupid Bamco ..

you can take screenshots and record video in the coliseum islands (dunno how are they called but is where you play against random monsters)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I can't take any screenshot from this game on my PS4. Is this normal?

Zestiria was the same way, and the reason is due to licensing issues. Not exactly sure what specifically(voice acting? music? anime? all of the above?), but that was the answer for that title.

Giolon

I can't take any screenshot from this game on my PS4. Is this normal?

Zestiria was the same way, and the reason is due to licensing issues. Not exactly sure what specifically(voice acting? music? anime? all of the above?), but that was the answer for that title.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TalesofU/status/824178626971271168

Why does literally no other publisher have this issue? Sometimes a music issue pops up where they mute the music while streaming or in recordings (usually in Japanese games), but come the fuck on. I can't even take a screenshot. What is wrong with the Japanese content industry and Bamco in particular that they can't figure this shit out in 2017?

Wagram

I'm enjoying myself a bit more now that i've given up caring about combat difficulty. I really hate Velvet's default gear though. Really don't understand why they had to go with that look. Luckily I can wear other stuff.

Eizen has a good English VA.

selo

Just played about 2 and a half hours and man, what a great start and opening. Judging from just the beginning, the story shows way more promise than Zestiria. It's pretty hard to top Vesperia, but this shows potential, hopefully it doesn't fall into the usual slumps past tales games have.

So far so good!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
ONly a few hours in but this game is awesome. I bought vesperia but never played it. Are all of these games good?

Fans will argue over their favorites, but they are largely all very similar in structure and design.

Most would agree that Vesperia, Symphonia, Abyss, and possibly now Berseria are the top tier games that were localized. Not that the others are not worth playing, but they tend to suffer from flaws that bring more divided opinions. Graces f is both loved and hated given its great combat and poor characters for example.

I haven't really played a a Tales game I disliked really, Though Zestiria probably comes closest to meeting that mark and may be the only one I couldn't recommend.

aitakute

The mystic artes in this game are really impressive so far. Got Rokurou and Eleanor's second ones. Eleanor's doubles as a shout out too which is awesome.
Love her version of Lost Fon Drive. Although Lostfon is spelt as one word, which is very weird. Mistake, or was it written the same/equivalent way in the JP version too?

There's no space in Japanese so it has always been Lostfon. Oh boy, wait until you see the 3rd mystic artes and dual mystic artes
How much more do I have?

Just beat the bug boss in the woods near renear.
You are at around 1/3 of the game, I think. Still long way ahead

Mistle

Finished the main opening part I guess you could say. Thought it was great. If the game keeps up this quality throughout then I'm quite looking forward to it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TalesofU/status/824178626971271168

Why does literally no other publisher have this issue? Sometimes a music issue pops up where they mute the music while streaming or in recordings (usually in Japanese games), but come the fuck on. I can't even take a screenshot. What is wrong with the Japanese content industry and Bamco in particular that they can't figure this shit out in 2017?

It is annoying. I played it on PC for review and obviously nothing was blocked there for screens. Namco gonna namco. Idiots, whoever was in charge of this. Im gonna replay on PS4 but obv cant take screens thanks to them.

Just started the game and gosh the 60fps makes this feel so buttery smooth compared to Zestiria.
I'm really really deeply disappointed that Go Shiina didn't return for this. I just heard the battle theme and it's rubbish. Zestiria had such an awesome OST. Anyone else feel this way?
Any ideas as to why he didn't return?

Rpgmonkey

Do we have yet any length indication? Is it longer than the last titles?

Shouldn't be hard to get it done in 40-50 hours if doing a straight shot. For me that's a little longer than Xillia, Xillia 2, and Zestiria, and a little shorter than Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Legendia. About the same length as Graces.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Spoilers for the first act of the game

I just met
Zaveid
and
he looks ten times better than he did in Zestiria
and
HIS THEME MUSIC PLAYED DURING THE FIGHT AHHHHH

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Man this game is such a huge step over Zest. Probably next to my favorite with Vesperia.
I think this game single handedly boosted Zestiria up to a good game based on its connections alone

Bladenic

There's no space in Japanese so it has always been Lostfon. Oh boy, wait until you see the 3rd mystic artes and dual mystic artes

You are at around 1/3 of the game, I think. Still long way ahead

I believe this is the first Tales game in a while where I hadn't watched the JP hi-ougis beforehand so seeing them all for the first time will be awesome. Plus dual mystic artes have me giddy as heck, I LOVE those in Rebirth and Xillia 2.

Also I just finished up the events at
Palamedes
. About what point is that? Not that I'm in any hurry to get done, just curious. Am I at least almost done with Part 2 i.e. time for a battle music change?

Anyway, one of my favorite running gags so far is
Eizen giving information about something history related which Eleanor then disproves unwillingly.

Wagram

Damn combat opens up big time after F
ort Vortigern.
Still easy as hell, but at least it's funner to play around.

Also comrades being able to activate their own mystics without my input rocks.

aitakute

I believe this is the first Tales game in a while where I hadn't watched the JP hi-ougis beforehand so seeing them all for the first time will be awesome. Plus dual mystic artes have me giddy as heck, I LOVE those in Rebirth and Xillia 2.

Also I just finished up the events at
Palamedes
. About what point is that? Not that I'm in any hurry to get done, just curious. Am I at least almost done with Part 2 i.e. time for a battle music change?

Anyway, one of my favorite running gags so far is
Eizen giving information about something history related which Eleanor then disproves unwillingly.

You are around half way already.
Eizen is such an otaku. I love him!

Lnds500

I bought some of the DLCs

Double Gald/Experience/Grade/Arte Learning Speed. I am not sure though if they are active or not. Any way to check it out?? :/

Top Bottom