• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria |OT| The Band of the Crowe

Philippo

7Hdfzky.jpg

ZKuSCCJ.jpg

mqepV08.jpg

I found out I didn't have save screenshots as uncompressed selected till afterwards :(

That kimono outfit for Velvet...

First outfit i'd like to buy for the game if only it wasn't so goddamn expensive.

Rainy

Banned
I like Magilou's! A lot of the other ones look good too.

Does anyone know if you can still preorder the Kotobukiya Velvet figure from anywhere? Seems like I missed my chance..

AkumaNiko

So how far am i in the story now?

Just got back to
prison island after killing the brother and sister a little bit ago

about 32h in

Cornbread78

I also must say the skit in this game are top notch.

I just got done watching the ones with Magilou and Laphi about the books and almost lost my mind in laughter.

So stupid, yet so effective.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
h2VFcxg.jpg
fcn7HEV.jpg

wTTHgwC.jpg
RRrfaeK.jpg

E30ucC7.jpg
cPyicKQ.jpg

Hmm...every legacy costume in the left column I recognize, the ones in the right I don't.
(Guess that speaks largely about which Tales game's I have played and which I haven't)

Datschge

Graphics are still terrible (don't say PS3 held this graphics back...why does Tales of Vesperia have cell shaded graphics and look 100x better than this crap?)
PS3 held this graphics back. =V
Seriously, this game is perfectly optimized for PS3. Alone the currently missing dynamic lighting possible once PS3 is removed from the equation should add a lot to the graphics.

Vesperia looked a lot better as it still had fixed camera which allowed the designers to actually compose what you see. That's not possible with a fully controllable camera and only few people notice that indeed Vesperia, Zestiria and Berseria all had the same art director.

kewlmyc

I like Magilou's! A lot of the other ones look good too.

Does anyone know if you can still preorder the Kotobukiya Velvet figure from anywhere? Seems like I missed my chance..

Depends. Many US sites are still selling it, but without the Claw addon.

If you want the claw addon, you'll probably have to order directly from the Kotobukiya jp store and use a proxy.

Giolon

Is anyone else having problems with DLC Catalog 5? I was able to download it from PSN, but it doesn't show up in the game at all.

IceIpor

I can never pull off the second Mystic Artes.

I do 4 artes -> trigger -> 3 artes -> MA button. Never comes out, and I've tried multiple times with the required BG. This is as Magilou.

Hmm, I've done it, but I think it's also because other characters were wailing on the enemy. Maybe the enemy has to remain in the stunned/hit state throughout the combo for it to register.

Rainy

Banned
Depends. Many US sites are still selling it, but without the Claw addon.

If you want the claw addon, you'll probably have to order directly from the Kotobukiya jp store and use a proxy.

Thanks, I might just grab it off Amazon.

Also I think I've reached the point where all the sidequests open up, is there a guide on where to find them?

Soriku

Is anyone else having problems with DLC Catalog 5? I was able to download it from PSN, but it doesn't show up in the game at all.

Was about to ask the same thing. Downloaded 4 and 5 at the same time. 4 popped up automatically, 5 is nowhere to be found.

Squire

Banned
Holy shit
Tree Therion

Namco, what the fuck is this? How did you guys beat this? I'm over-leveled and still having trouble.

Edit: NVM

Still though, JFC

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm seriously having too much fun with the fashion in this game. Even moreso than I did in Xillia and Zestiria.

I see you used the mod to change Laphicet's costume. Also you are using the lips mod.

Did you see the modder released hair color mods for Velvet and now Eleanor?

matmanx1

I finally started Berseria up last night on my PC with the fix and man oh man is it a good looking game. Way beyond what I was expecting to see, honestly.

Trojita

I really need the ability to tie the Therion finishers to another button so that I can keep on mashing the buttons without worrying about executing them. I have a problem recognizing the artes being used, which one is the last one currently in the chain, and when I try and be patient I end up missing the combo window for the next move (usually the 3rd or especially 4th move that is available).

I didn't have a problem with this until I found out that staying in therion mode might confer better bonuses. One I had enough souls I was usually Arte Combo -> Claw -> Artes Combo -> therion finisher (I think they are called Break Souls?) and then either start up another combo or go straight into using claw again.

kewlmyc

I see you used the mod to change Laphicet's costume. Also you are using the lips mod.

Did you see the modder released hair color mods for Velvet and now Eleanor?

Yeah, using the lips mods as well.

I saw they released hair color mods, but I like the default hair color for both characters too much to change them.

Giolon

I really need the ability to tie the Therion finishers to another button so that I can keep on mashing the buttons without worrying about executing them. I have a problem recognizing the artes being used, which one is the last one currently in the chain, and when I try and be patient I end up missing the combo window for the next move (usually the 3rd or especially 4th move that is available).

I didn't have a problem with this until I found out that staying in therion mode might confer better bonuses. One I had enough souls I was usually Arte Combo -> Claw -> Artes Combo -> therion finisher (I think they are called Break Souls?) and then either start up another combo or go straight into using claw again.

There is a white outline on the Soul Gauge diamonds indicating how many more Artes you can perform in your combo.

Also keep in mind that the rate of health drain while in Therian form increases until you leave it (whether by performing the finisher or by reaching 1HP).

Trojita

There is a white outline on the Soul Gauge diamonds indicating how many more Artes you can perform in your combo.

Also keep in mind that the rate of health drain while in Therian form increases until you leave it (whether by performing the finisher or by reaching 1HP).

That's why I didn't understand why I read someone recommending staying in Therian form for what seemed like a longer period. That hp drain escalates quick.

I'll keep the diamonds thing in mind when I play the game next. Thanks!

Finished the story, and I ended up liking this more than I thought I would. Playing the baddies is awesome. "We're not good people, but we're not those type of villains, either" was the perfect line.

Not sure if it was advertised before the game's release, but
the prequel stuff
was fun to watch play out.

Rainy

Banned
End-game question

So there's a "!" in the church in Meirchio. Velvet says that she's going to pray for one thing, "to take of --" does she actually say someone's name or does it cut off on purpose. I assume she means Laphicet.

Astrael

Also I finished Eleanor's side quest tonight. Kamoana is kind of adorable to me lol.

I can see why many could find her annoying, but I ended up liking her, too. Her dynamic with Dyle is pretty hilarious, and I actually found her interactions with Velvet remarkably sincere.

I wish they release all this dlc weeks ago before I got my platinum but I have no reason to buy it or replay the game again. Beat it 4 times and got the platinum before the costumes came out, not only are they slow as hell on releasing it but they'r'e very greedy with the insane mark up on the prices for some costume skins that took almost no work at all to make =\

matmanx1

I know I am quite late to the party but after playing through the introduction and getting up to the point where Velvet is out of the prison with Seres I can confidently say that Berseria has the best opening for a Tales game since, well, forever.

The flashback sequence in the village is handled extremely well and really sets up the relationship between Velvet and Laphicet which of course gives "the death scene" some real weight and gravitas.

I am also enjoying the music and how it changes from pastoral to moody to downright edgy and dark as Velvet goes from village to Scarlet Night to prisoner.

I know I have barely scratched the surface but so far I am finding a lot to like with Tales of Berseria.

Trojita

I finally got the last party member.

LMAO @ Velvet and Eizen
watching her as she is conspiring with Artorious to betray them.

Dawg

I finally got the last party member.

LMAO @ Velvet and Eizen
watching her as she is conspiring with Artorious to betray them.

I'm glad that happened.
The betrayalton plot is such an obvious cliché and I loved the fact the main characters knew about it beforehand in this game.

thuway

Just finished it. The last half really fell apart for me with the story going into crazy town. I didn't really feel for any of the main characters except Bienfu and Magilou, but eh, everyone's different. Velvet was a pretty good character in the first half but the way they dramatized Artirous and his past combined with her growth or estranged motivations made me feel like there was a ton of wasted potential to truly do something unique.

Rokuro and Eizen were cool though. Magilou was quite amazing becuase she never really dwells too deep into melodrama and manages to keep her eccentricities. Bienfu is one of my favorite JRPG characters in a while.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiien!

Top Bottom