• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria |OT| The Band of the Crowe

IbukiLordSA

Anyone able to tell me how much more of the game I have left? Need to try get through this before Horizon releases.

I just had the battle with the Dragon and Inominat or however its spelt lol he beat the dragon and the crew escaped

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I call her Scumbag Magilou

429660_20170223225517wguah.png

429660_20170223220631evuag.png

429660_20170223220708zfuey.png

429660_20170221230136xdu65.png
Definitely looks like the anime version of people I went to high school/college with (only with crazy pigtails added)

Taruranto

lol Velvelt
turned down a drink because she's 19.

Japan...

Now I need to hunt the
therions or how they are called. The fishing even was cute,
but now I'm back slogging through empty fields. Joy.

So is it alright if go ahead and finish the final dungeon now and do the side quests later, or does the game reset after I beat the final dungeon?

Anyone able to tell me how much more of the game I have left? Need to try get through this before Horizon releases.

I just had the battle with the Dragon and Inominat or however its spelt lol he beat the dragon and the crew escaped

You're getting there. I think you have a couple dungeons left to go.

benzopil

I don't think I cried this much during a videogame scene since... forever probably. Such an amazing story. Love this game so much.

I'm talking about (big spoiler)
when Velvet gave up and Lafi had a long speech about how she's important to him.

I'm so glad I gave this a chance.

The series got so stale for me and after Zestiria I swore that I'll buy Berseria for a very low price if at all. I'm glad I listened to the positive buzz since I played 6h today and the story really sucked me in. The characters have a cool chemistry and are actually funny, they make me chuckle a lot.

My only gripe apart from Velvet's outfit is that they should really ditch the Xillia-framework for the next game. At this point the games feel way to same-y from a gameplay perspective. It's hard for these newer Tales games to develop an artistic identity if they basically always look the same. Berseria's textures are a bit more polished though.

Please tell me: does the game drop the ball in the last act? That's what Tales games always do, especially Zestiria. Hate it.

Astrael

I'm so glad I gave this a chance.

The series got so stale for me and after Zestiria I swore that I'll buy Berseria for a very low price if at all. I'm glad I listened to the positive buzz since I played 6h today and the story really sucked me in. The characters have a cool chemistry and are actually funny, they make me chuckle a lot.

My only gripe apart from Velvet's outfit is that they should really ditch the Xillia-framework for the next game. At this point the games feel way to same-y from a gameplay perspective. It's hard for these newer Tales games to develop an artistic identity if they basically always look the same. Berseria's textures are a bit more polished though.

Please tell me: does the game drop the ball in the last act? That's what Tales games always do, especially Zestiria. Hate it.

I've said I'm a huge Tales fan before, but I skipped Zestiria too after feeling a bit meh from Xillia and Hearts (feels like I missed something about Hearts since quite a few people here seemed to like it), guess I was feeling a bit like you in this regard. Was almost going to skip this game, too, but I dunno something just made me really interested in it at the last minute and I preordered it the week before it came out haha. So glad I ended up buying it. I agree with a lot of your sentiment about the series as a whole though and that's probably why I'm so excited to see what a fully next gen engine will do for the series as far as aesthetic and design. I don't think I would feel this way if Berseria wasn't so good.

As for the last act in this game, I feel it pretty much held on to the very end, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't flop like most of the series does (I think only Abyss did the last act better, and it was certainly better than Vesperia's 3rd act story-wise). It was the first time in awhile I've played an RPG that I didn't want to end when I got there lol.

Rainy

Banned
Where are Topaz weapons normally dropped? I need some Topaz fragments to upgrade gear ;_;

Is it in the final dungeon?

Also sidequest spoiler for late-game.
I just completed Zaveid's sidequest. I haven't played Zestiria but I know that you can fight Eizen as a dragon in it. Makes sense that Zaveid is in that game and tries to kill him, especially after this scene. It all makes sense. Did Eizen never meet Edna again before he became a dragon? :(

Astrael

Where are Topaz weapons normally dropped? I need some Topaz fragments to upgrade gear ;_;

Most of the topaz equipment starts dropping in the 2nd to last story dungeon. There are a couple pieces in the last dungeon, as well as one of the areas only really farmable after opening sidequests in this final stage of the game. Not sure what stage the fragments start popping up as random collectibles on the ground, but probably in the last dungeon(s) as well.

Dat feel when you get a ton of grade

DdT3m0q.png

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I barely get more than 10 grade per battle, I need to step up.

I probably should have played on a harder difficulty because I haven't bothered upgrading my equipment a single time and the game is so easy. That said, there are too many games popping out right now so I don't really want a challenge, I just want to enjoy the story and try to beat it fairly soon so I can look at Horizon. Unless it's super easy to get all the upgrade mats, I don't see a point in upgrading when I'm constantly swapping equipment to learn new attributes/abilities but considering there's a number of mats on the map I'm maxed on, probably is easy to get them haha

What do you get for opening all the katz chests? At first I was always able to earn enough in time before a new chest but eventually they hiked up too high and there's a couple or so I had to skip. Hope it's nothing important as I'd have to really think back to which ones I missed and some might be a pain to get back to.

Fauve

Also sidequest spoiler for late-game.
I just completed Zaveid's sidequest. I haven't played Zestiria but I know that you can fight Eizen as a dragon in it. Makes sense that Zaveid is in that game and tries to kill him, especially after this scene. It all makes sense. Did Eizen never meet Edna again before he became a dragon? :(

I'm currently farming Topaz and Quartz in the C4 Armored Quarter. Load up on equipment drop multipliers via titles and gear, and finish off the last enemy with a MA to maximize gains. The recipe Berserkers palmier also increases drop rate. It takes me about 3 minutes per run on simple. The rings you get from there can also be dismantled for Topaz as well.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Wow, that's pretty amazing. I barely get more than 10 grade per battle, I need to step up.

It was a combination of playing on hard, grabbing like 4 enemy groups together, and then the dire mob appearing.

I just got to Reneed, about to head into the Warg Forest for an herb to heal the scourge.

Trojita

What do you get for opening all the katz chests? At first I was always able to earn enough in time before a new chest but eventually they hiked up too high and there's a couple or so I had to skip. Hope it's nothing important as I'd have to really think back to which ones I missed and some might be a pain to get back to.

As far as missing some. They are cumalitive, and every other one you get something and every other you don't.

1. 1st item
2. Nothing
3. 2nd item
4. Nothing
5. 3rd Item

So even if you skip a couple, the one you open later will just add to this as the next numbered one you opened.

Rainy

Banned
I'm currently farming Topaz and Quartz in the C4 Armored Quarter. Load up on equipment drop multipliers via titles and gear, and finish off the last enemy with a MA to maximize gains. The recipe Berserkers palmier also increases drop rate. It takes me about 3 minutes per run on simple. The rings you get from there can also be dismantled for Topaz as well.

Thanks!

Holy crap the Code Red on
Hexen Isle
was fucking difficult.

demidar

Oh I see, yeah that makes sense.

Also the Dual Mystic Artes are awesome, but requires a bit of setup. Wonder if you can chain them as well.

Hey guys, I need some help with the endgame stuff. I'm doing the
Eizen sidequest, and I'm not sure what to do after the battle with Zaveid near Meirchio
. I didn't get a trophy yet so I'm assuming the quest isn't over.

Rainy

Banned
Hey guys, I need some help with the endgame stuff. I'm doing the
Eizen sidequest, and I'm not sure what to do after the battle with Zaveid near Meirchio
. I didn't get a trophy yet so I'm assuming the quest isn't over.

First things first, not sure if this is related but I think at this point an extra "!" event gets unlocked at the church in Meirchio so be sure to check that out, gives some good background info on a certain character in your party.

As for the Zaveid quest, go to Reneed and talk to the Bloodwing there. The rest will make sense after that.

Just saw this, holy crap that's broken haha. I should try this...

First things first, not sure if this is related but I think at this point an extra "!" event gets unlocked at the church in Meirchio so be sure to check that out, gives some good background info on a certain character in your party.

As for the Zaveid quest, go to Reneed and talk to the Bloodwing there. The rest will make sense after that.

Got it, thanks. I was a bit surprised by how many sidequests popped up all at the same time.

Giolon

I want to ask a general question: does anyone of you confused or not full grasp the story after you finished the game?

I felt like I more or less understood everything after finishing the game, barring a few questions left lingering. Some are answered a little postgame.

What is it you are confused about?

SaniOYOYOY

just started this, i played xilia and zestiria.

aand after the boar fight I already like this more. The story here is good right? soo pumped :D

jrush64

Banned
Cant seem to load my save file. I get error accessing the addons on PS4. I dont know what to do. I have all the same DLC i had when I saved the file last.

I haven't played the game since end of january.

Rainy

Banned
Ahh, I think I'm at the last save point in the game. Gonna watch the Oscars and finish this after.

I only have 9 life bottles left though...was hoping there would be a turtlez salesman around ;_; Guess I have to also rely on Eleanor and Eizen resurrections.

The final dungeon has the best dungeon music in the whole game by the way, good way to end it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Finished the game and I have to say Artorius is up there with Caius Ballad as one of my favorite antagonists of all time. So fucking good.

EDIT: Holy shit that credits scene ruined me. The feels are unreal.

evilsin

Had 4 days off last week and almost platinumed Zestiria on PS4 (already did it on PC last year). Would totally get Berseria on PS4 when it's cheaper.

Trojita

First time in awhile that I've switched to hard mode in a game. Was unsure about doing it, but I'm up for the challenge.

Finally got to play some more yesterday, little confused the crew at the port city are talking about Velvets old town but.....
if the Arte was all used based off of velvets dreams, how did that whole port city see them?

Trojita

^ What part of the game is that. Probably spoiled myself on something but I have no idea what any of that means.

I'm pretty darn sure that I'm extremely close to finishing the game and should beat it in my next play session. Before I do, I wanted to ask if there are alternate endings? Just want to make sure there wasn't a side quest I had to complete to earn a good ending or anything like that.

As far as missing some. They are cumalitive, and every other one you get something and every other you don't.

1. 1st item
2. Nothing
3. 2nd item
4. Nothing
5. 3rd Item

So even if you skip a couple, the one you open later will just add to this as the next numbered one you opened.
Oh I understand that part, I was wondering if you get anything for finding all of them besides possibly a trophy but it looks like you don't. Thanks though.
^ What part of the game is that. Probably spoiled myself on something but I have no idea what any of that means.

It's a ways in so might be a spoiler for you. Lets just say it's a point in the plot where you're collecting something.

Top Bottom