• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

barrin87

Congrats, duders!

After I get this plat, I've decided to do the AC2 plat since it's apparently easy based on the thread we had about the top platinums for the system. I have 2 weeks off after this week, so it should be doable. Edit: Or I should just finish the Nier plat since I'm so close...

Vitas are addictive! Honestly, I couldn't stop playing Lumines and Rayman Origins (despite having owned the PS3 version prior) for weeks. It's just too bad that they seemed to have blown their load at launch.

Importing Innocence R and Gravity Daze is tempting, though... I really want to.

I'd go complete the Zone Cage and then try to start a NG+. There's a grade bonus associated with the Zone Cage, and then you get extra grade for every time you complete the floor after you complete it the first time (the first time completion is [floor number x 10] grade, iirc).

I guess if you skip all cutscenes, skip the skits, skip childhood arc, get the XP and damage multipliers, inherit your skill usage and titles, inherit shards, get the map movement speed bonus, etc... it would make for a faster experience. Graces f isn't all that long if you skip a lot of stuff, imo.

Do the Nier platinum first! That is still my favorite plat out of the 11 that I have.

Cool, I will do the Zhonecage first then.

Sagitario

Do the Nier platinum first! That is still my favorite plat out of the 11 that I have.

STUPID EAGLE EGG I HATE YOU SO MUCH! :mad:

DYMIr.png

Labadal

I traveled to Strahta, since that is where I'm supposed to go. Went to the Souteastern part of the desert and got wiped out in a few seconds during my first fight. I'll be back with a vengeance, I promise!

vall03

oh god, just saw some videos with Cheria soloing bosses and I fucking suck at using her.

Anyway, almost there with the Platinum, only two more 60s trophies and the eleth mixer which is currently at 3800+. I just used the cheap method in getting the 60s trophies against
Lambda Angelus and Fodra Queen
lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Congrats, duders!

After I get this plat, I've decided to do the AC2 plat since it's apparently easy based on the thread we had about the top platinums for the system. I have 2 weeks off after this week, so it should be doable. Edit: Or I should just finish the Nier plat since I'm so close...

I suggest AC2 because it's really easy except for the feather hunting quest (but that's still considered easy). Nier was kinda hard because you have to grind a lot.

Other easy plats that I did were Sonic Generations (I'm pretty sure you platted it already :p), Heavy Rain, Bayonetta (when you get the Bloody Mary doll for normal+ mode), Sly Cooper 1 (sooooo easy), and Tomb Raider Legends.

vall03

I would like to ask how people did the Mixer Grinding, and it seems there are a lot of methods for it.

Should I bother increasing the difficulty? Also, which dishes should I focus on? Ive read people are suggesting those that activate with 30/40/50+ combos and even those after 10s ones, but shouldn't we just focus on ending the battle asap? but Im currently focused on Miso Stew and Beef with Red Wine Sauce, along with Beef Curry in case I die due to x10 enemy damage. But for some reason I dont find this effective at all. Im also in Fodra and Im kinda lazy to finish Bathus Citadel since this is the only trophy left for me.

barrin87

oh god, just saw some videos with Cheria soloing bosses and I fucking suck at using her.

Anyway, almost there with the Platinum, only two more 60s trophies and the eleth mixer which is currently at 3800+. I just used the cheap method in getting the 60s trophies against
Lambda Angelus and Fodra Queen
lol

What is the cheap method?

vall03

spoiler tagged just in case

Cheria, Hubert and Sophie have titles that add the damage they took to their attack. Use any of them, preferably Cheria because her Accel Mode is hourglass effect which greatly helps here. Set difficulty to Chaos, remove all equipments, put in the mixer the books that reduce stats to half, and the one that increase enemy critical damage. Start battle, run up to the enemy and when the character gets hit, activate Accel mode. They wont die, instead they will live as if they never took the damage but the title effect kicks in. Use any arte and then 1hko. I had trouble doing this with Lambda Angelus though, since for some reason it just randomly reflected the damage unlike how it perfectly and normally worked with Fodra Queen. Well, thats the gist of it

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wouldn't be surprised if it's using Cheria, Sophie, or Hubert and using the titles (mastered) that lets you take damage and give it back against the enemy (which would usually OHKO or combo KO the boss depending on how much they've damaged you). That's a pretty cheap method, but it works. :lol I stick with Cheria since I'm so used to using her.

Edit: Aha, beaten.

I would like to ask how people did the Mixer Grinding, and it seems there are a lot of methods for it.

Should I bother increasing the difficulty? Also, which dishes should I focus on? Ive read people are suggesting those that activate with 30/40/50+ combos and even those after 10s ones, but shouldn't we just focus on ending the battle asap? but Im currently focused on Miso Stew and Beef with Red Wine Sauce, along with Beef Curry in case I die due to x10 enemy damage. But for some reason I dont find this effective at all. Im also in Fodra and Im kinda lazy to finish Bathus Citadel since this is the only trophy left for me.
You don't need to increase the difficulty since you're using Miso Stew and that's only dependent on how much eleth you have left in your mixer. If you're using Borscht or Grape Parfait, you might want to increase the difficulty so you'll land more hits.

You shouldn't have to focus on ending battles quickly since you don't get grade for that (well, you get grade for finishing the game quickly, but you don't get grade during battles, so you can fight it out as long as you want here).

I use Borscht every now and then, but I generally stick with Miso Stew (94 XP) /Rice Omelette and Crab Fried Rice (38 XP) for growth + items that don't take that much effort to multiply (I've tried out scy's method of sticking Drop Bottles and Arcane Bottles into the pot for a while, and they work pretty well). And books like the Book of Potential and the Book of Satiation work wonders as well.

It's because the XP values work like this:
Up to 400: 5 XP per +1 Mixer Energy
401 - 2000: 10 XP per +1 Mixer Energy
2001 - 9000: 20 XP per +1 Mixer Energy
9001 - 9999: 50 XP per +1 Mixer Energy

So basically, you want food that will net you the most XP for every 1 energy. You always want to keep using the foods that'll give you XP, and Miso Stew, Crab Fried Rice, and Beef with Red Wine Sauce are good options since you're constantly using them. 2000-9000 are the best since you get maybe 9-15 points per fight or something.

Book of Growth also gives XP just by setting it to the pot.
Book of Enthusiasm halves your stats, but this is good if you want to use Borscht for the 30+hit combo.

I loooove Nier. The only issue I had with some of the trophies in that game was that it was a little repetitive because of...
STUPID EAGLE EGG I HATE YOU SO MUCH! :mad:
Yep. Even with the World of Recycled Vessel, grinding for some of the stuff feels repetitive (especially since you need to slog through half of door 3 to get to the part with all the good rare drops), so I ended up doing it once every day, then every other day. Plus the DLC is a good way of farming money. I didn't know at the time, but I ended up buying weapons instead of saving up money for the Man of Means trophy, so I'm using the DLC since it's quick and painless (albeit tedious).

I haven't gotten Ending D yet because I want to get the platinum, though.

I suggest AC2 because it's really easy except for the feather hunting quest (but that's still considered easy). Nier was kinda hard because you have to grind a lot.

Other easy plats that I did were Sonic Generations (I'm pretty sure you platted it already :p), Heavy Rain, Bayonetta (when you get the Bloody Mary doll for normal+ mode), Sly Cooper 1 (sooooo easy), and Tomb Raider Legends.
Thanks for the advice! :D

Sonic Generations' plat was fun outside of Can't Touch This (I think that might've been the last trophy I got) and VECTOR (my barrier to completing all challenges).

I know someone with the Sly Collection, so I might get it off of him. I have a copy of Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, which I heard is one of the easiest plats ever. And Heavy Rain was something I figured that wouldn't be too hard. :lol

Last Rebellion's platinum is something like a 1-2/10 for me, but... that means you'll have to slog through the entire game to get it, which, uh, might be difficult depending on your tolerance for the entire thing. That game almost put me to sleep a few times.

barrin87

spoiler tagged just in case

Cheria, Hubert and Sophie have titles that add the damage they took to their attack. Use any of them, preferably Cheria because her Accel Mode is hourglass effect which greatly helps here. Set difficulty to Chaos, remove all equipments, put in the mixer the books that reduce stats to half, and the one that increase enemy critical damage. Start battle, run up to the enemy and when the character gets hit, activate Accel mode. They wont die, instead they will live as if they never took the damage but the title effect kicks in. Use any arte and then 1hko. I had trouble doing this with Lambda Angelus though, since for some reason it just randomly reflected the damage unlike how it perfectly and normally worked with Fodra Queen. Well, thats the gist of it

Thanks for the information! I will have to remember that when I go for those trophies.

I didn't really have that much issues grinding for the money trophy. I fished for the majority of my money. There was some fish that could be caught within five seconds once you mastered the art of fishing. Sell each fish for 5,000 gold and it was cake.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I didn't really have that much issues grinding for the money trophy. I fished for the majority of my money. There was some fish that could be caught within five seconds once you mastered the art of fishing. Sell each fish for 5,000 gold and it was cake.
That doesn't sound too bad. I remember people recommending farming white moonflowers (which isn't very fun at all). I've also heard of the rice method since it's quick. I just chose the DLC since it's 50000 every time you finish it, and it's pretty painless.

Did you fish in the desert, or did you go somewhere else? I know earthworms are a must-use since they're 10G.

Sagitario

That doesn't sound too bad. I remember people recommending farming white moonflowers (which isn't very fun at all)

Oh... I remember that! D:
It wasn't THAT bad :p

I never bought Nier DLC. I love Nier, it became one of my favorite games ever but I just couldn't justify the DLC.

barrin87

That doesn't sound too bad. I remember people recommending farming white moonflowers (which isn't very fun at all). I've also heard of the rice method since it's quick. I just chose the DLC since it's 50000 every time you finish it, and it's pretty painless.

Did you fish in the desert, or did you go somewhere else? I know earthworms are a must-use since they're 10G.

I fished along the path outside of the main town which leads to the desert. I want to say that was East of town but I haven't played for so long I can't remember. It's the path that branches out to the desert and another place that just has some goats running along the path. I think the pond is right where the path splits.

scy

@Mixer: I like Borscht + Crab Fried Rice since it lets me do ~15 second fights and net bonus EXP with Miso Stew for post-battle. Just works better than Crab Fried Rice + Fried Manju with Rice Omelette for roughly the same effect (no Tempering bonus so can't even make money while doing this!). Of course, you're also doing this setup for the EXP gain so you're grinding levels while grinding the Mixer (+ Gald if you're utilize that Tempering bonus!).

@Nier: ...I think my copy is still unopened. :|

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I just fell in love with this game, my second plat ever...

I don't know what it is about it, but I just could not put it down. (I played so much I ended up with 14 slots in the mixer)

Fun fact about the mixer:

To get from 15->16 it would take 90,000 battles with the eleth slot book or 20 days at 30 seconds between ending each battle. Or the other option, empty the mixer of 9999 eleth 900 times (I still don't know if the book of duplication could be used here).
The devs are assholes for including this part as even an option, lol. I drew the line there, I got 98% of the titles but won't be going for the mixer slots.

scy

I don't think I can take advice from you anymore </3
WHY, SCY... WHY? :_(

I get distracted easily! My backlog is where games go to die :(

Actually, if I remember right, I bought it, disc ended up getting damaged somehow so I ended up replacing it and just never ended up actually playing it by the time I got it again. That and I'd have to find my 360.

I have a lot of games in similar positions. Half my PSP backlog is like that :x

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I get distracted easily! My backlog is where games go to die :(

Actually, if I remember right, I bought it, disc ended up getting damaged somehow so I ended up replacing it and just never ended up actually playing it by the time I got it again. That and I'd have to find my 360.

I have a lot of games in similar positions. Half my PSP backlog is like that :x

Who is your shipping carrier where half of your psp games arrived damaged?

;)

My backlog is ridiculous as well, Nier is probably next actually...

scy

Who is your shipping carrier where half of your psp games arrived damaged?

;)

...wow, I didn't even think of how that was worded. Though, I do think my P2P box was a little damaged but I think that was my roommate and not the actual delivery.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh... I remember that! D:
It wasn't THAT bad :p

I never bought Nier DLC. I love Nier, it became one of my favorite games ever but I just couldn't justify the DLC.
I just bought the DLC since it was apparently a good way to farm, and since I've played it a lot and have gotten items that go towards weapons, I don't feel too bad that I bought it. But if you're buying it for story purposes or just as a way to control Brother Nier, yeah, it's a waste of time.

The seeds really aren't that bad, but having to plant them, exit the game, set the time, harvest, plant stuff, exit the game, set the time, harvest (see if what you want actually came up, and if it didn't, you'll have to start over), etc. put me off to it. :lol

I fished along the path outside of the main town which leads to the desert. I want to say that was East of town but I haven't played for so long I can't remember. It's the path that branches out to the desert and another place that just has some goats running along the path. I think the pond is right where the path splits.
Ohhhh, that sounds like a good place. I think the fish there sold for quite a bit and it wasn't hard to catch them with improved fishing skills if you did the quest for it. Thanks for the advice. :)

@Nier: ...I think my copy is still unopened. :|
When I played Nier for the first few bits, I wasn't really digging it. I didn't like the combat too much. Then I got to one point in the (early? I think it was early game, but during the middle bit) game that made tear up a lot and then I realized why people were praising the game so much. It's one of the few games I play for the narrative more than anything else.

I empathize with the backlog gripes. My backlog is plentiful on consoles (since I don't play my consoles on days other than the weekend or holidays), so I have the Atelier games sitting there, a few games I picked up on sale, in the bargain bin, etc. On portables, it's fine, since I take them around with me often or I play them a little before I fall asleep. I still have to finish Kid Icarus and get 108 stars in Suikoden PSP but that'll be after this week.

Fun fact about the mixer:

To get from 15->16 it would take 90,000 battles with the eleth slot book or 20 days at 30 seconds between ending each battle. Or the other option, empty the mixer of 9999 eleth 900 times (I still don't know if the book of duplication could be used here).
The devs are assholes for including this part as even an option, lol. I drew the line there, I got 98% of the titles but won't be going for the mixer slots.
That's insane. I guess the intention was that the player who chooses to platinum this game would play through this game using several NG+ playthroughs and thus would need those extra slots... and would play for those extra slots. But those numbers are crazy! Don't have time for that. D:

Suikoguy

That's insane. I guess the intention was that the player who chooses to platinum this game would play through this game using several NG+ playthroughs and thus would need those extra slots... and would play for those extra slots. But those numbers are crazy! Don't have time for that. D:

Oh, thankfully it's not required for Plat.
The 9999 mixer level is, but since you can carry it over it's not that bad if you plan to go for a plat anyways.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I want to insert Tales of Destiny to my backlog but I'm not sure. I just want to play a short but good English Tales game (that means Tales of the Tempest is out of the question).

My backlog consists of SH3 platinum, FFVI, and DMC 1-3.

vall03

my god! 9000-9999 on the Eleth Mixer is pure torture!

EDIT: finally got it! my first Platinum! I want to play Atelier Rorona right away but it will depend on whether I can use the tv or not. For now, will focus on my backlog. Im planning on either Innocent Sin or Skyrim next.

Are there any other Eleth books that help you earn gald and if so where can you find them? The only one I currently have is the one that gives me more gald per battle just by equipping it (book of fortune I believe).

barrin87

I just bought the DLC since it was apparently a good way to farm, and since I've played it a lot and have gotten items that go towards weapons, I don't feel too bad that I bought it. But if you're buying it for story purposes or just as a way to control Brother Nier, yeah, it's a waste of time.

The seeds really aren't that bad, but having to plant them, exit the game, set the time, harvest, plant stuff, exit the game, set the time, harvest (see if what you want actually came up, and if it didn't, you'll have to start over), etc. put me off to it. :lol

Ohhhh, that sounds like a good place. I think the fish there sold for quite a bit and it wasn't hard to catch them with improved fishing skills if you did the quest for it. Thanks for the advice. :)

When I played Nier for the first few bits, I wasn't really digging it. I didn't like the combat too much. Then I got to one point in the (early? I think it was early game, but during the middle bit) game that made tear up a lot and then I realized why people were praising the game so much. It's one of the few games I play for the narrative more than anything else.

I empathize with the backlog gripes. My backlog is plentiful on consoles (since I don't play my consoles on days other than the weekend or holidays), so I have the Atelier games sitting there, a few games I picked up on sale, in the bargain bin, etc. On portables, it's fine, since I take them around with me often or I play them a little before I fall asleep. I still have to finish Kid Icarus and get 108 stars in Suikoden PSP but that'll be after this week.

I had originally bought the Nier DLC because I thought it was going to add more storyline and I hadn't read any reviews to figure out otherwise. The DLC was a great way to farm for some of the hard to get items but even with that it wasn't worth the $7 I paid for it.

You're welcome on the advise! =D

I actually did the exact same thing when I first played Nier. I got to the first boss in the game and I got stuck so I quit. I didn't actually go back to the game for six months and then I absolutely fell in love with the game.

My backlog is absolutely horrendous! I have around 25 games for the PS3, 3 games for the PSP, 5 for the DS, 1 for the Wii. If I add in all the Downloaded games I have on my PS3 I would have to add nearly 30 more!

Sagitario

Pffft! 30 games is nothing
D:

I beat the first eleth dragon last night... I had to change the difficulty from chaos to evil because one swipe of his tail killed Asbel and Sophie in 1 hit.
I noticed the dragon yelled some words when I finished him.

It reminded me of something I have always adored and enjoyed from Team Symphonia games: battle conversations.

In Abyss and Vesperia, during a mayor story boss fight, when the battle starts and depending of the characters in your party, there is dialogue between the characters.

I find this back and forth between the good guys and the bad guy absolutely immersing and epic.

Here is an example of a battle conversation from TotA:

TEAR: "Van, wasn't there any other way?"
GUY: "Yeah! What you're doing is crazy."
VAN: "Fools! Yulia's Score controls the world! If humanity does not
create a new world, free of the Score, it will perish!"
LUKE: "Then how do you explain me? Yulia didn't say a thing about me!"
TEAR: "The Score is not an absolute future."
NATALIA: "The Score is just one of an infinite number of choices."
JADE: "The fact that Luke exists shows that there are deviations from the
Score."
VAN: "No, you don't know the true essence of the Score. Even if it is not
read, the Score exists nevertheless, leading us to certain
destruction."
LUKE: "People aren't that foolish! People have their own wills to avoid
destruction!"
VAN: "Such impudence from a replica!"
ANISE: "Yeah? Well you're too stubborn to listen to anybody so our only
choice is to crush you!"
VAN: "You will be the ones crushed. You who are ruled by the Score, die!"

It's from this boss fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBqYCLqpc1U
Honestly, the dialogue + music = epicness. It's one of my favorites boss battles in Tales games.

I haven't found in Graces something like this yet, the closest would be:
Victoria
Cedric
and
Emeraude
. But none of them have had anywhere near the same impact.

I empathize with the backlog gripes. My backlog is plentiful on consoles (since I don't play my consoles on days other than the weekend or holidays)

I used to do that when I was in school (and still do, mostly).

My mixer: 3000 and 9 slots (chapter 8).

ULTROS!

For those who completed Graces, how would you rank the Tales games including this?

I only finished 2 but I reached halfway or towards the end for the rest so it goes like this: Graces > Abyss = Destiny > Phantasia > Innocence

vall03

So I just decided to try out Vesperia again after finishing Graces and here are some of my comments.

- Vesperia still looks great graphically but then again, Graces is Wii port so its very unfair to compare the two. Dont know how Vesperia compares to Xillia though.

- I like the font they used in Vesperia, its much more bigger compared to how small it is in Graces

- Something I found weird when playing Vesperia again, the horizontal battles. But then, it wouldn't work with the system of Graces so behind the back works perfectly here. It took me a while to get used to the traditional battle system but Yuri and Rita is still as broken as ever thanks to overlimit. Used to play decently as Raven but can't play as him now. Judith on the other hand is still difficult to use.

- Mystic Artes suddenly felt too long! I like how fast and simple yet they still look great in Graces.

- Theres fucking little to no AI customization in Graces! cant even setup battle formation and party tactics.

- Ephinea is a boring world and I like Terca Lumereis better. But then again, I dont think theres anything special with any Tales world

- For the skits however, I dont know which is better to be honest. But for some reason, I would prefer the portrait style over the ones in Graces since its simple.

- I miss 99 items. I really didn't like that it was only 30 in Graces and for Battle Items only.

Aside from the Battle System, Dualize and Mixer system along with the title sytem in Graces, Vesperia is better in other areas. So for now, my Tales ranking

Graces = Vesperia > Symphonia > Abyss > Symphonia 2 > Eternia > Legendia > Innocence (DS) > Destiny (PS1) > Phantasia (GBA)

should I include Radiant Mythology here as well? lol

Bladenic

For those who completed Graces, how would you rank the Tales games including this?

I only finished 2 but I reached halfway or towards the end for the rest so it goes like this: Graces > Abyss = Destiny > Phantasia > Innocence

Vesperia > Symphonia (nostalgia might be factoring in here) > Graces > Rebirth > Abyss (I guess, eh) > Hearts = Legendia > Symphonia 2 (I still REALLY liked it but it's hard to rank it above any of the others).

Do yourself a favor and play Vesperia.

Speaking of, which should I play next? Destiny 2 or Xillia?

And yeah, the in battle banter is AWESOME and makes the fights so much more epic. Love it. Glad to see it's back in Xillia, missed it in Graces.

Oh, and Vesperia's skits >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Graces. Graces's are better aesthetically but that's it. Graces's skits get better as the game goes on and get awesome in Future Arc, but Vesperia's and consistently good and has some amazing ones. Best Tales skits, followed by Symphonia 2.

Sagitario

I do agree that Vesperia is overall the better game.

The saving graces of Tales of Graces :)P) are its battle and gameplay systems, outside of that, it falls short in so many areas... It's like the opposite of Legendia :p

The skit portraits are cool, but Graces has really boring skits.

Edit: I think Dawn of the New World has better skits than Vesperia... both games are the best in that regard, followed by Legendia.

OK SERIOUSLY....... there's gotta be something VERY wrong with the way I play this game.

I leveled up 10 levels and still can't get the last boss of the F arc to drop less than 25k HP because she spams me with strong attacks and my characters attacks are like 150 - 250 - 450.... So no way in hell I have a chance to finish her fast at this point without dieing and losing all my Life bottles .

PLUS it can't be normal that Asbel till this point still can only use 3 attacks which are Demon Fang, Lightning Strike and Shockwave Slash :\

I know there is something wrong and please I need you to point it up for me because I'm so desperate now.

These are my Characters status... I use all the three men for attack spamming and Sophie for healing spamming ( how come she still didn't learn raise? ) which works fine for me till that B**CH drops lower than 60K HP then all hell break lose:

So.. what I'm doing wrong here?

She can't be THAT hard even on easy :\

kewlmyc

OK SERIOUSLY....... there's gotta be something VERY wrong with the way I play this game.

I leveled up 10 levels and still can't get the last boss of the F arc to drop less than 25k HP because she spams me with strong attacks and my characters attacks are like 150 - 250 - 450.... So no way in hell I have a chance to finish her fast at this point without dieing and losing all my Life bottles .

PLUS it can't be normal that Asbel till this point still can only use 3 attacks which are Demon Fang, Lightning Strike and Shockwave Slash :\

I know there is something wrong and please I need you to point it up for me because I'm so desperate now.

These are my Characters status... I use all the three men for attack spamming and Sophie for healing spamming ( how come she still didn't learn raise? ) which works fine for me till that B**CH drops lower than 60K HP then all hell break lose:

So.. what I'm doing wrong here?

She can't be THAT hard even on easy :\

Okay, your problem is most likely that you are not leveling your titles at all. Leveling your titles allow you to learn more artes, unlock Mystic Arts, and up your stats (it's also how Sophie and Cheria learn revival artes and more powerful healing arts). Since you apparently haven't been doing that (Asbel should have 15+ B-arts at that point), your stats are severely lower that what they should be (my Asbel is only 12 levels ahead of you, yet his stats are 200-400 more than each of your stats). My advice would be to start leveling your titles, but at this point, it might be too late. Sorry.

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised you've gotten this far without leveling your titles. You mind posting your titles screen for at least Asbel?

Oh no!!!

For Titles I always used the Auto-Equip Until Mastered setting :/

So what to do which titles should I foucs on leveling now??

Attacking ones ( Sword Icons? ) or Def ones ( Shield Icons? )

Don't tell me it's late now because I came this far and I have no proplem spending another many hours just leveling up titles so tell me what to do which attacks and abilities should I get for the last F arc boss.

Labadal

Oh no!!!

For Titles I always used the Auto-Equip Until Mastered setting :/

So what to do which titles should I foucs on leveling now??

Attacking ones ( Sword Icons? ) or Def ones ( Shield Icons? )

Don't tell me it's late now because I came this far and I have no proplem spending another many hours just leveling up titles so tell me what to do which attacks and abilities should I get for the last F arc boss.

You can still upgrade titles if you don't mind grinding.

kewlmyc

The question is: which ones should I start with? what abilities and attacks I need to focus on getting?

To start with, just search for each title that allows you to learn a new arts, including a, b, and mystic artes (you can check this by pressing x on each title). After you got all or most of the artes unlocked, then start focusing on the other ones so you can raise your stats. Also start using the arts once you unlock them so you can unlock their adept and master titles. Equipping foods and books that raise SP gain will help you as you grind. One last note, don't bother mastering them at this rate, just get to level 5 on each one before moving on. Your in for a long grindfest, my friend. Good luck.

To start with, just search for each title that allows you to learn a new arts, including a, b, and mystic artes (you can check this by pressing x on each title). After you got all or most of the artes unlocked, then start focusing on the other ones so you can raise your stats. Also start using the arts once you unlock them so you can unlock their adept and master titles. Equipping foods and books that raise SP gain will help you as you grind. One last note, don't bother mastering them at this rate, just get to level 5 on each one before moving on. Your in for a long grindfest, my friend. Good luck.

There are many titles that contain the same arte names... they are the same right or I need to grind them too to raise their attacks abilities or something?

and how can I equip books to raise the SP?

If I could learn most of the Artes and Mystic then I can kick that B**CH A$$ easily.

BTW what's the revive ability's name? rise?

kewlmyc

There are many titles that contain the same arte names... they are the same right or I need to grind them too to raise their attacks abilities or something?

If I could learn most of the Artes and Mystic then I can kick that B**CH A$$ easily.

Pick one, and it should unlock it once you hit the level it's located at in the title. Afterward, the other titles with the same art names in them will, instead of unlocking it again, raise their damage, increase accuracy, lower cast time, etc.

Equipping books and food can be done in the eleth mixer. Some books that can raise SP, if you have them, are Book of Talent (3% more SP) and, if you are a risk taker, Book of Passion (doubles SP earned, but halves all stats except accuracy). Some foods that allow extra SP earned in battle are :
Gratin = Chicken + Cheese
Chicken Curry = Chicken + Curry(veggie set+Spice set)
Pasta au Gratin = Gratin + Meat Sauce Pasta (Minced Meat+Pasta)

If you have Book of Satiation, you can cook all three during one battle. Pasta au Gratin activates when 20+ hit combo, Gratin activates when getting 30+ hit combo, and Chicken Curry activates after battle when your eleth mixer is under 50% full.

Cheria's revive arte is Resurrection and Sophie's revive arte is Rejuvenate.

Pick one, and it should unlock it once you hit the level it's located at in the title. Afterward, the other titles with the same art names in them will, instead of unlocking it again, raise their damage, increase accuracy, lower cast time, etc.

Equipping books and food can be done in the eleth mixer. Some books that can raise SP, if you have them, are Book of Talent (3% more SP) and, if you are a risk taker, Book of Passion (doubles SP earned, but halves all stats except accuracy). Some foods that allow extra SP earned in battle are :
Gratin = Chicken + Cheese
Chicken Curry = Chicken + Curry(veggie set+Spice set)
Pasta au Gratin = Gratin + Meat Sauce Pasta (Minced Meat+Pasta)

If you have Book of Satiation, you can cook all three during one battle. Pasta au Gratin activates when 20+ hit combo, Gratin activates when getting 30+ hit combo, and Chicken Curry activates after battle when your eleth mixer is under 50% full.

Cheria's revive arte is Resurrection and Sophie's revive arte is Rejuvenate.
Thank you so much for all the tips... I'm really grateful :)

And if it's not so much trouble for you please give me the names of the best Artes Attacks for Asbel, Hubert and Malik... it's way easier to unlock their best artes and focus on them than spending long time unlocking each and every Arte that I will not use because they are old.

kewlmyc

Thank you so much for all the tips... I'm really grateful :)

And if it's not so much trouble for you please give me the names of the best Artes Attacks for Asbel, Hubert and Malik... it's way easier to unlock their best artes and focus on them than spending long time unlocking each and every Arte that I will not use because they are old.

In my opinion (people might tell you differently):
Asbel: Infernal Torrent, Plasma Shock
Hubert: All of his A-artes, Rolling Thunderbolt
Malik: Culling Flare

In my opinion (people might tell you differently):
Asbel: Infernal Torrent, Plasma Shock
Hubert: All of his A-artes, Rolling Thunderbolt
Malik: Culling Flare

Thank you so much!

I will search for them and unlock them ASAP.

BTW if I unlocked Hubert and Malik's Artes... and set these two characters on AUTO in battle... they will use their newest and strongest attacks Automatically ?

kewlmyc

Thank you so much!

I will search for them and unlock them ASAP.

BTW if I unlocked Hubert and Malik's Artes... and set these two characters on AUTO in battle... they will use their newest and strongest attacks Automatically ?

Maybe. To insure that they'll use them however, you'll have to turn off all of their other a-artes or b- artes in order to make sure they use them guaranteed. Example, if you want to Malik to use only Culling Flare, go to his artes menu and turn off all of his other B-artes EXCEPT for Culling Flare. That way, when you set him to "B-Only" in the strategy menu, he is forced to use only Culling Flare. Same can be done with A-artes.

Maybe. To insure that they'll use them however, you'll have to turn off all of their other a-artes or b- artes in order to make sure they use them guaranteed. Example, if you want to Malik to use only Culling Flare, go to his artes menu and turn off all of his other B-artes EXCEPT for Culling Flare. That way, when you set him to "B-Only" in the strategy menu, he is forced to use only Culling Flare. Same can be done with A-artes.

Nice thinking !

So does Sophie has a better healing Arte than First-Aid.... let's say something that heal all of the characters at the same time?

You are helping me a lot like you have no idea, thanks X 1000000 :D

FSLink

Banned
Were you playing on the easiest difficulty or something? I find it hard to believe you didn't just gain enough SP to level up titles naturally to get tons of artes. You gain more SP for titles on harder difficulties and are forced to obviously use more artes thanks to the difficulty, so learning tons of them is pretty natural on Normal and above. I remember I had Rejuvenate for Sophie slightly after Slime Queen when playing on Hard for example. I think I had more B artes than you for Asbel before I even reached the Slime Queen.

Were you playing on the easiest difficulty or something? I find it hard to believe you didn't just gain enough SP to level up titles naturally to get tons of artes. You gain more SP for titles on harder difficulties and are forced to obviously use more artes thanks to the difficulty, so learning tons of them is pretty natural on Normal and above. I remember I had Rejuvenate for Sophie slightly after Slime Queen when playing on Hard for example. I think I had more B artes than you for Asbel before I even reached the Slime Queen.

I didn't even use anything in the mixer till lately.... tell me about it, I feel such an idiot ;_;

I need maybe 10+ hours to make it up for.

barrin87

Click the X button on a title that you haven't mastered yet and it should bring up a list of what all five levels do. Choose the ones that say "Learn arte" next to them. Those are the artes that you do not know yet. When a title says the name of an arte that you already know, it will just increase that arte's stats.

kewlmyc

Nice thinking !

So does Sophie has a better healing Arte than First-Aid.... let's say something that heal all of the characters at the same time?

You are helping me a lot like you have no idea, thanks X 1000000 :D
No. Sophie has only one man healing spells. Cheria has full party healing spells. Hubert has shitty healing spells that you should never bother with.

Top Bottom