• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

Don't get me wrong. I like Laura Bailey. I just... uh, I can't help but to think of the more irritating characters she's voiced in the past few years like Omochao or Welch. I liked her as Marta, but that was at a time when I didn't hear her in a lot of stuff. I really liked her performance in Nier, but that's probably because it was different from her usual stuff.

Kinda late replying to this, but I actually have a friend who has a similar opinion of Laura Bailey. He has no problem with her as a person but, as he put it, "it's like she's hired to piss me off in everything she shows up in." Only difference is that he hears Kid Trunks from Dragon Ball Z rather than Omochao - he's not really a Sonic fan, so I don't think he even knows what Omochao is (lucky bastard).

I still play around with the idea that new VAs mimic famous ones leading to only like 7 or 8 distinct ones: scrappy protagonist, tender, breathey Ojou-type, nails-on-chalkboard squealer, etc.

Really? That's an interesting thought. I had always assumed that after a certain point, character designers made certain characters just so that they'd be voiced by specific VAs. Or maybe I'm just thinking of Wakamoto.

Oh I certainly agree there, don't really know what went on in his (or their?) heads when they dedcided to do that.

God, I still can't believe it's been over a year since that stupid puzzle, let alone the game's actual announcement.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Malik = Jamieson Price?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Voices sound fine to me. So used to Sakurai's voice coming out of Asbel's mouth, though.

I really liked how the Adult Arc opens up, btw. It's quite quick.

Kinda late replying to this, but I actually have a friend who has a similar opinion of Laura Bailey. He has no problem with her as a person but, as he put it, "it's like she's hired to piss me off in everything she shows up in." Only difference is that he hears Kid Trunks from Dragon Ball Z rather than Omochao - he's not really a Sonic fan, so I don't think he even knows what Omochao is (lucky bastard).
Oh yeah, I forgot she did Kid Trunks too. I'm alright with that voice. Bailey isn't the only VA subjected to the voice association thing. It isn't their faults, really.

Malik = Jamieson Price?
Sounds like him to me. Anyway, Malik's voice is perfect! :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Malik's voice is so smooth & deep, I approve! :D

(He was also the narrator in Catherine.)

WOW, I can't believe I never realized that. I knew him as Tager in BlazBlue(and the announcer in SSFIV). Duke in Vesperia as well, actually.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but what's the tone of Graces f like? Vesperia was more serious and a little darker than most of the other Tales games I've played, and I really liked that. It felt like a more grown-up Tales game. So, I guess what I'm asking is, how does this compare?

ULTROS!

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but what's the tone of Graces f like? Vesperia was more serious and a little darker than most of the other Tales games I've played, and I really liked that. It felt like a more grown-up Tales game. So, I guess what I'm asking is, how does this compare?

It's all about tomodachi~

Seriously, it's about friendship.

ULTROS!

Now we need to make sure Pascal, adult Cheria, and adult Hubert aren't JYB.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Hearing all this talk about young version and old, how long is the game before the time jump?

It is one of those short openings or will it drag on for 5 hours?

Enthusiasm~

JqMpH.gif

Big B

this is probably old news but Amazon has release date delivery now! Make sure to change the delivery option.

Astra

Only a few days until release and I never put in a preorder. Probably should have, considering how quickly Tales games become hard to find around here.
Even on release day they can be hard to find. I guess stores don't get many copies in.

Bladenic

That co-op video made so excited for some reason! Game looks awesome. My roommate and I will be playing together too. We played through Vesperia till the beginning of part 2 but for whatever reason never played past it (I got tired to asking to always play, he didn't seem all that interested). Hopefully he's on board for this because I do plan on playing a lot and dunno if I'll have the willpower to wait for him lol.

6 days (for me, most likely)!

Only a few days until release and I never put in a preorder. Probably should have, considering how quickly Tales games become hard to find around here.
Even on release day they can be hard to find. I guess stores don't get many copies in.

I'm hoping there's a pretty decent stock. I won't be able to get it until that Friday.

kewlmyc

I wonder if GameStop will get their copies in on Tuesday or on Wednesday? I haven't preordered from them in years.

Really? That's an interesting thought. I had always assumed that after a certain point, character designers made certain characters just so that they'd be voiced by specific VAs. Or maybe I'm just thinking of Wakamoto.

Heh. Don't take me as an authority om the byzantine world of seiyuu, I'm just learning myself from what I hear on game trailers and subs.

WOW, I can't believe I never realized that. I knew him as Tager in BlazBlue(and the announcer in SSFIV). Duke in Vesperia as well, actually.

:O

This explains much.

Ties

Banned
Well maybe I shouldn't say astronaut, I was mostly referring to he sound quality in that video.

But I don't like his voice. It's so deep and it just sounds so unnatural to me. I would of preferred a VA like Will for Malik, this VA just sounds so off.

Aeana

Well maybe I shouldn't say astronaut, I was mostly referring to he sound quality in that video.

But I don't like his voice. It's so deep and it just sounds so unnatural to me. I would of preferred a VA like Will for Malik, this VA just sounds so off.

Ugh, Cam Clarke would have been a terrible fit for Malik.
I think Jamieson Price is a fantastic fit for Malik. Absolutely perfect.

Ties

Banned
I hope it grows on me more. His voice is just so stoic he sounded like an android in some parts. Or maybe that's what they were going for with Malik?

Top Bottom