• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

When I was pre-med, a lot of the students used to play the Trauma games for--and I don't know why--surgery practice (though there are machines that do surgery now and they're controlled by the the doctors, so I guess it works...). They really "loved how the actors did the voices", so win-win.

I've heard of surgeons playing Super Monkey Ball to improve their precision. There's actually a couple articles out there if you google Super Monkey Ball + surgeons.

The Trauma series probably has the same effect. Kinda cool, I think.

scy

When I was pre-med, a lot of the students used to play the Trauma games for--and I don't know why--surgery practice (though there are machines that do surgery now and they're controlled by the the doctors, so I guess it works...). They really "loved how the actors did the voices", so win-win.

Good to know if we ever have a GUILT breakout, I guess. Got some pro dual wielding stylus skills ready for that.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Picking this up with Dead Souls on Tuesday.
Completely forgot that was coming out until I saw the OT for it. Guess my wallet's gonna die next week.

I've heard of surgeons playing Super Monkey Ball to improve their precision. There's actually a couple articles out there if you google Super Monkey Ball + surgeons.

The Trauma series probably has the same effect. Kinda cool, I think.
I'd heard that at the time, but I didn't think they were full-fledged articles. At first I thought you were kidding until I looked it up.

Whoooooooa.

tFeJ7.png

Good to know if we ever have a GUILT breakout, I guess. Got some pro dual wielding stylus skills ready for that.
LOL. This was at a time when House was a huge deal, the Wii was still new, and everyone wanted to be a doctor. They all thought GUILT was so interesting and awesome.

But give some of them a mammal or amphibian to dissect and most of them don't want to do it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
It's already been addressed but Filthie Rich is an incredibly likeable personality. Some people may be unacquainted with him but watching him do commentary with Markman on Tekken and Soul Calibur is extremely satisfying. They are both knowledgeable and funny without resorting to "profanity" while being respectable.

Lack of ToGf marketing is more likely because it's not his forte.

<3 <3 <3

Pascal and Richard VAs seem to have nailed the characters.

Preach brother. Vesperia was fantastic. Not a sore spot to be seen, least not among the main cast and most major supporting players. Not to mention it was my first exposure to Troy Baker. Though I do like FFXIII as well.

And while I'm sure to get hazed for this, P4 was pretty great save for Chie (she was merely okay at best, really stilted at worst) and at times, Yukiko.

Remember: Chie was a working-class, athletic, bookdumb, extroverted, hot-blooded, plain looks girl (in Japan!) with self-esteem issues from this and being near Yukiko. That VA nailed that difficult and different from the original VA shit perfectly, same as Teddie's VA nailed his.

Ashwardo

Neo Member
I caved and pre-ordered Tales of Grace F from Gamestop, ended up costing me $85 because I'm here in Australia,
not that bad considering our games are usually priced at about $80-100. I'm assuming I'll still get the pre-order code sent to my email
even though I bought from overseas, could someone correct me if I'm wrong about this because I'm kinda freaking out about it. the only reason
I bought from there was for the pre-order code, I just want to make sure everything goes alright.

Loto

I caved and pre-ordered Tales of Grace F from Gamestop, ended up costing me $85 because I'm here in Australia,
not that bad considering our games are usually priced at about $80-100. I'm assuming I'll still get the pre-order code sent to my email
even though I bought from overseas, could someone correct me if I'm wrong about this because I'm kinda freaking out about it. the only reason
I bought from there was for the pre-order code, I just want to make sure everything goes alright.

Haven't pre-ordered online, but you will probably get the code when it ships. I didn't get the code when I pre-ordered in store. I assume it will be on the receipt when I pick it up

frequency

I hope Canada handles the code properly.

It's always a gamble with Canadian EB/Gamestop. Most of the time, I don't get pre-order bonuses - even codes. And when I ask about it, I always just get the standard "first come first serve, we ran out" response.

It makes me sad.

The only reason I'm ordering this at EBGames.ca instead of Amazon.ca (which has it $5 cheaper) is for the pre-order bonus code.

I whine way too much about Canada...

Astra

I hope Canada handles the code properly.

It's always a gamble with Canadian EB/Gamestop. Most of the time, I don't get pre-order bonuses - even codes. And when I ask about it, I always just get the standard "first come first serve, we ran out" response.

It makes me sad.

The only reason I'm ordering this at EBGames.ca instead of Amazon.ca (which has it $5 cheaper) is for the pre-order bonus code.

I whine way too much about Canada...

We often (or used to) get the shaft when it comes to preorder goodies. Xenoblade has an art book with preorders, and it was U.S. only at first, then a week or so later, it was announced that Canadian Gamestop/EBgames would offer the bonus. I already imported the game, but with this small incentive, I'm thinking about picking up another copy. Iffy about it, though, as you pointed out, they're pretty shitty with their preorder bonuses. especially physical ones.

I preordered Graces tonight, and the clerk made mention of a bonus I'd get for doing so. Didn't expect to get in on it, since I preordered so close to release, but it's probably different with redeemable codes like this.

So odd that you wouldn't get a code, even if they didn't have them on hand, you could come back later and pick one up, or get one emailed to you. EBgames sucks some
(most)
times.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, I usually get my codes now (they're usually in a little paper pamphlet or on a card). A few years ago, they used to be really bad with it, but now they're pretty good when I go in the store and pick them up.

But I'm on good terms with the manager and most of the older clerks working at the EB I go to, so I get my preorder bonuses all the time. It's only when I get a new clerk who sometimes asks, "Is this a gift?/Is this for your boyfriend?" then I get rather annoyed.

frequency

I don't have an easy way to get around town so I do almost all my game shopping online. My past experience with EBGames locally has been pretty decent for pre-order bonuses. People at the closest EB are always nice and there is often a female employee working so I never feel weird. No one there has spoken down to me in a long time. The clerks often start small talk about what I'm buying.
It's the online that's been bad. I don't think I've ever gotten a pre-order bonus from EBGames.ca except for Fate/Extra and that was only because Aksys intervened (thanks again to Akselziys for that <3).

I'll just hope for the best and cry about it if it doesn't work out.
It's not a huge deal though since it's just digital stuff. I care way more for physical stuff so I wouldn't cry too hard if EBGames.ca fails me again.

Although I am thinking of just switching over to Amazon.ca and saving that $5. The DLC costumes and XMB theme would likely be released on PSN at some point and I could just put the money saved towards buying it.

Speaking of the Xenoblade Art book, I placed my preorder before that was a thing. I notice for my other games that have pre-order bonuses, it actually lists the thing as a separate "promo" item. But it doesn't for Xenoblade. I wonder if I should cancel and re-order.
The separate "promo" item on the order makes me a bit sad though. I have like four open orders for games that shipped a long time ago but remain open because the "promo" item was never shipped.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The dlc didn't show up on the JPN PSN store at all. So it'll probably be the same here.

Anybody else seeing this on Amazon?

This item will be released on March 13, 2012.

Get it the day it comes out!
Pre-order and Release-Date Delivery is FREE with Amazon Prime.

Delivery Estimate: Friday March 16, 2012.

I've had it pre-ordered since May 11, 2011.

Anybody else seeing this on Amazon?

This item will be released on March 13, 2012.

Get it the day it comes out!
Pre-order and Release-Date Delivery is FREE with Amazon Prime.

Delivery Estimate: Friday March 16, 2012.

I've had it pre-ordered since May 11, 2011.

I think you have to manually change it to RDD, I did, mine says March 13.

Mognet

Have you visited Ozgameshop before? you can purchase new games for almost half the price most retailers here sells them. I'll be pre-ordering Graces ($60) from ogs along with naruto generations which will total up around $114 which is close to what EB games sells some new games nowadays ($110!).

Bladenic

Oh my gosh, so close to release. I'm praying my newegg order arrives on Wednesday like my FFXIII-2 one did. If it doesn't, I'll be quite sad. But if it does, it shall be glorious.

So I guess that the accessory glitch has finally been fixed according to that gamefaqs user who uploaded those earlier videos.

But, I don't want to grind for stamp points. ;_;

Astra

Oh...
Well that sucks. Guess I'll stick to EBGames.ca and hope for the best.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't usually follow that kind of thing.

If worse comes to worst, you could likely find someone selling the code on ebay.
Friend of mine wanted some pre-order items for Kingdoms of Amalur, and found the code for sale on ebay for like $4.

Labadal

Only 3 more days...

I'm expecting at least 9 more days for me. :(
(Being a EU importer and all.)

Edit: I just realized that it doesn't really matter if it arrives a little bit late in the month, I might not even have a job by April 1st if I can't renew my work contract, so I may have more time for video games than I am hoping for.

scy

Spring Break timing for Graces is just phenomenal and...oh, right, not a student. Damn it. Damn it all. March makes me sad these days :x

I'm expecting at least 9 more days for me. :(
(Being a EU importer and all.)

Edit: I just realized that it doesn't really matter if it arrives a little bit late in the month, I might not even have a job by April 1st if I can't renew my work contract, so I may have more time for video games than I am hoping for.

Silver linings and all...?

Top Bottom