• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Series | Community Thread | Localizing more games than Square Enix

Rebirth's OST is pretty great. Love Dogfight and Desperate Fight. Another favorite is The Trial, awesome Celtic influences.

The battle musics for most of the tales games are all great.

( outside of some like TOX Jude side .... its just generic, feels like been there done that :( )

The thing with Rebirth is that the story is laughable; i cannot remember any scene outside of Mao reveal and Link shouting for Clarie .

TOS and TOP's music are so memorable for me because i remember the story scenes that plays along with the music and vice visa.

TOL is in another class all together lol.

I really like Break Through with the Sword and whatever the Tales of the Tempest battle music is called too.

Datschge

I think the Symphonia OST as a whole is a tad overrated. Though as its more pop-ish sound design is so popular maybe they should try going for that again.

Break Through With The Sword is from Tales of Innocence. I actually forgot the name of the composer for that game.

Kazuhiro Nakamura, he also did the arrangements and new stuff for Hearts R.

Chris R

If I enjoyed Xillia and don't like Graces F should I get Symphonia Chronicles? I thought Vesparia was ok even though I never finished it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If I enjoyed Xillia and don't like Graces F should I get Symphonia Chronicles? I thought Vesparia was ok even though I never finished it.
Symphonia is similar to Xillia and Vesperia. I'd say go for it.

Edit: i finished Xillia but I didnt had much grade. Any suggestions on farming grade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdp8ZVz1uTg

Just noticed this ToS HD EU trailer for Kratos. Shining Bind->Holy Binds

Aw, wtf. It was already called Shining Bind in Vesperia, Radiant Mythology, and Dawn of the New World. They can never keep arte names fucking consistent in localizations can they? :/

Well I guess they are trying to differentiate it from Zelos's move even though they are the same thing? And Kratos used it in Vesperia...Wonder if there is even English voices for it, lol.

Also that text is so bad.

FSLink

Banned
Well I guess they are trying to differentiate it from Zelos's move even though they are the same thing? And Kratos used it in Vesperia...Wonder if there is even English voices for it, lol.

Also that text is so bad.

Apparently it was in the old GC English localization like how if you hacked or dug into the game files Sacred Shine was in there as Sacred Light. So they probably just used old localization files instead of...you know, checking to see if they already translated it in recent games. Like in its sequel perhaps. /shakes head

Rhapsody

Banned
While I'm glad I get the PS2 extras with widescreen, dual audio, and no need of multi-tap, I really wanted more out of this port. Gameplay additions would've been nice instead of just costumes. Disappointing for something that's made for a game's anniversary, but oh well.

Would've been nice to have a Vita version of the game too, but I guess that wasn't in the cards.

Beatrix

Just started playing Xillia, really excited I love how the game is designed. How does this game compare to Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia?

FSLink

Banned
Thanks for the heads up everyone. Well, it looks nice at least. If I recall correctly the GC version never had that song at the beginning.

Yeah, they changed it for the US release, it was Starry Heavens in the JPN version. :p

Would've been nice to have a Vita version of the game too, but I guess that wasn't in the cards.

Might have been a different story if people bought Innocence and Hearts R. :p

Seda

Just started playing Xillia, really excited I love how the game is designed. How does this game compare to Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia?

Xillia doesn't have a world map, and instead, has those large field areas. S/A/V all have the world map, and have segmented towns dungeon areas instead on that world map - so more like a traditional JRPG. Symphonia has some of the best dungeons in the series, in my opinion (as well as one or two notably bad ones, however).

Vesperia's and Abyss's combat are similar, they are sort of like Xillia without any of the linking. Each character can combo regular attacks in various ways depending on how you hold the control stick, and that can be following up with 'arte' attacks. Symphonia is a little more limiting because you can only move in straight lines towards and away from the enemy, but otherwise is pretty similar. There are a few smaller game-specific quirks I'm not mentioning for brevity.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. Well, it looks nice at least. If I recall correctly the GC version never had that song at the beginning.

The English GCN version had an original instrumental music in the opening which I'm actually pretty fond of. Japanese GCN version had 'Starry Heavens', PS2 version has something I can't remember the name of at the moment.

Chronicles has both the Japanese songs, and Namco has said that's staying in the NA/EU release.

The English GCN version had an original instrumental music in the opening which I'm actually pretty fond of. Japanese GCN version had 'Starry Heavens', PS2 version has something I can't remember the name of at the moment.

Chronicles has both the Japanese songs, and Namco has said that's staying in the NA/EU release.
Soshite Boku ni Dekiru Koto.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. To be honest I hadn't heard/seen the PS2 opening. I think it fits slightly better than the Japanese GCN one, which I don't really care for at all (the song is okay on its own).

Rhapsody

Banned
Might have been a different story if people bought Innocence and Hearts R. :p
I still haven't bought those .__.

I'm pretty satisfied with my DS version at least. And when I think about buying something Tales related for my Vita, I keep seeing those PSP Tales ports on the store. I really should've bought those when Bamco did their PSN Tales sale.

Yeah, they changed it for the US release, it was Starry Heavens in the JPN version. :p

Soshite Boku ni Dekiru Koto.

I was only familiar with the Instrumental track of the GC release, I remember liking it a lot. Watching the intro just to hear it. Quite interesting to see 3 different tracks played over the intro. GC's instrumental felt very grand, like it was preparing me for an epic journey. Starry Heavens is growing on me though.

RPGCrazied

You think if ToS HD sells well, we can get other games in HD? I'd love to see Abyss and Legendia get some sort of port to PS3. I know Abyss is on 3DS already, but I think it would look better in 720p.

I guess we can rule out the 2D games. :(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I believe in the power of Leon.
Well Destiny sold great so it getting a port would be nice but considering the sales of Hearts R and Innocence R I think they are not thinking much about it.

Abyss apparently did a decent performance on sales considering there was less work there than the R games.

Tales of Rebirth with HD sprites... *cries*

Well Destiny sold great so it getting a port would be nice but considering the sales of Hearts R and Innocence R I think they are not thinking much about it.

Abyss apparently did a decent performance on sales considering there was less work there than the R games.

Tales of Rebirth with HD sprites... *cries*

You are underestimating the power of Leon.

Top Bottom