• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles |OT| 60FPS? I lied. Its actually 30FPS

RoeBear

I never played DoTNW, so I don't know the cat's name, but the figure from the CE just doesn't want to sit on the stand, its always falling over. I really don't want to add glue to it, but its tempting. lol

Tenebre, it's like Latin for darkness or something.

Finalow

Treasure Hunter Title obtained.
are you going for the platinum in this game too? Where do you even find the will to do it. iirc you got some hard and boring as fuck jrpgs platinums.

Especially "laughter"
yeah, well, I thought it was implied. :<

Most often they're in chests in dungeons, or occasionally dropped by bosses or found on the world map. You should be finding one or two in each dungeon from now on. Later on they get even more common. By the time I released all the seals I had about three gems per party member.
uhm, ok, as soon as I get a good combo I'll use them on someone.

Bladenic

lol

47Og1dv.png

Milla's probably my favorite. Definitely my favorite trend in the series.

R0ckman

Just a small tip, when fighting in a dungeon if the common item drops are a certain type of food try and match it to a specific recipe so you can easily restock during battle. For instance, if you are fighting in an area that have enemies that drop sea food items equip the seafood stew recipe to stay stocked and have food available more often in the area for cooking after battles.

Also, is there a strat setting for making magic/swordsman users (Kratos/Zelos) use magic and attack, rather than them having to choose one or the other?

Yawnier

Banned
It's supposed to be in Meltokio, it's best seen during a cutscene where the camera angles or something. You can sort of see it in this vid at the 1:48 mark. Spoilers obviously for whoever hasn't played the game before.

I won't click on the video since I haven't reached that place in the game yet, but thanks for the response.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, have you guys checked eBay lately? The CE is going for like $170, lol

R0ckman

Was this a glitch or was it just this recording being poor? Had Genis and Zelos use Rock
Pillar and the voice recording sounded like shit. It was soft and muffled. I think I heard a few new voice clips in other moves, but they were not THIS bad.

FSLink

Banned
Is Xillia any good? Thinking about using my employee discount on the last Special Edition we have.
Yes it's great and the sequel coming out is one of the best in the series.
Was this a glitch or was it just this recording being poor? Had Genis and Zelos use Rock
Pillar and the voice recording sounded like shit. It was soft and muffled. I think I heard a few new voice clips in other moves, but they were not THIS bad.
It's just really bad recording. All the new stuff seem to suffer from it.

ohlawd

lol. I'm probably one of the few who like that game and yeah the first 20 minutes suuuuucks. One of the worst intros in Tales history for sure.
Yeah I like this game too. It's my 2nd favorite Tales game.... holy shit I'm gonna get crucified.

I think it's a ton of fun when you get some of the strongest monsters. Just watch your two non human party members wreck shit up.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah I like this game too. It's my 2nd favorite Tales game.... holy shit I'm gonna get crucified.

I think it's a ton of fun when you get some of the strongest monsters. Just watch your two non human party members wreck shit up.
Get yourself a copy of Narikiri Dungeon X and the menu patch translation. Monsters are tons more fun in there, and the gsme is just better overall.

Rizzi

Symphonia makes me really happy. It's just.. fun to play.
It's the kind of happiness that Final Fantasy games used to bring me.

I think I'm just going to enjoy my first playthrough (despite finishing this game several times on the Gamecube, it's been a while.) But I'd like to get as many titles and stuff towards the platinum if I can. Is there a list of all the missable stuff in this game? I assume there's additional stuff compared to the Gamecube version.

RedSwirl

After about another 30 minutes (up to the Botta fight), y'know this isn't too bad. Sure the textures could be a bit better but otherwise it looks fine. They at least got it to the point where it doesn't look unbearable on a 1080p screen. It still would've been better if they'd based this on the Gamecube version's tech with the PS2 version's content (like Resident Evil 4) and put a little more work into the art assets, but whatever.

Symphonia makes me really happy. It's just.. fun to play.
It's the kind of happiness that Final Fantasy games used to bring me.

It's a very good classic-style JRPG. One of my favorite probably. Hits many of the main reasons I play JRPGs.

Also, whatever people may think about Symphonia's story, I actually like some of the themes it portrays. It's basically a game about ethnic conflict dynamics.

RPGCrazied

Sure wish you could play the English voices for cutscenes, and Japanese voice for skits. Nice to hear some emotion in the skits, even if you can't understand them without reading the text. I want English voice skits so bad, I'd probably pay for it, as DLC. lol

Well, SE is charging for a LR Japanese voice track, not like it can't be done.

Yawnier

Banned
I got to the battle with Dorr's
daughter who is actually a monster or something
and got my ass handed to me. Is there any tips or tricks for this fight other than fight conservatively and block attacks?

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
Maybe someone can help me out, so I am trying to get the outfits for Lloyd and Kratos at Mizuho, I had Sheena win the duel, Kratos is in my party and Igaguri came out of his coma but when I speak to Tigan nothing happens.

FSLink

Banned
and got my ass handed to me. Is there any tips or tricks for this fight other than fight conservatively and block attacks?

Level up a bit, I had Angel Feathers on shortcut for Colette to spam. Yeah, fight conservatively and block, try to push her away to the edge so she doesn't try to kill your cast members outside of Dark Sphere (which can do a lot of damage on higher difficulties).

khaaan

Hmmm, I don't remember that being a super difficult battle. I think it might even be easier if you went all out rather than playing defensively. What level is your party around?

Edit:

Yeah, fight conservatively and block, try to push her away to the edge so she doesn't try to kill your cast members outside of Dark Sphere (which can do a lot of damage on higher difficulties).

Then again, what do I know? =P
I agree with the pushing comment though, if you can temporary knock it down with Beast you can get in some extra hits while it gets up.

FSLink

Banned
I would also try to save Unison Attack when she's trying to cast Dark Sphere too. That's really where she gets most of her damage from.

Yawnier

Banned
Level up a bit, I had Angel Feathers on shortcut for Colette to spam. Yeah, fight conservatively and block, try to push her away to the edge so she doesn't try to kill your cast members outside of Dark Sphere (which can do a lot of damage on higher difficulties).

Hmmm, I don't remember that being a super difficult battle. I think it might even be easier if you went all out rather than playing defensively. What level is your party around?

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah, I figure I should level up some more and get better armor so I'll be doing that.

From most people I heard from in various walkthroughs I quickly skimmed through it was said that this isn't a very hard boss fight, so I was wondering why I was struggling with it.

RPGCrazied

Wow, they really half-assed this port, didn't they?

Not really. I like it, but its pretty confusing why they didn't just voice the skits. Surely it wouldn't have been that hard, I mean they got everyone back just to voice some new skills and mystic artes, should have just did it all then. Kinda sad.

FSLink

Banned
Not really. I like it, but its pretty confusing why they didn't just voice the skits. Surely it wouldn't have been that hard, I mean they got everyone back just to voice some new skills and mystic artes, should have just did it all then. Kinda sad.

I like it too but there's no denying it's half assed. Liking it really has nothing to do with how they treated the port.

And judging from the new stuff they recorded, we probably wouldn't be able to hear skits half the time if they dubbed them or they'd accidentally swap character lines.

RPGCrazied

I like it too but there's no denying it's half assed. Liking it really has nothing to do with how they treated the port.

And judging from the new stuff they recorded, we probably wouldn't be able to hear skits half the time if they dubbed them or they'd accidentally swap character lines.

If they do this again, say with Abyss or Legendia. I hope they put more effort into it, or at least voice the skits in Abyss or the 2nd half of the game in Legendia.

FSLink

Banned
If they do this again, say with Abyss or Legendia. I hope they put more effort into it, or at least voice the skits in Abyss or the 2nd half of the game in Legendia.

Legendia is just an amazing showcase of how bad the communication was between the Japanese and Localization Branches.

Also I'm sad that Tempest has a stronger chance of a remake than Legendia will.

luokyl

Okay, can someone explain to me why Symphonia and Vesperia have such strong characters compared to games like Eternia, Destiny 2, Rebirth, Graces F and Xillia?

The way that Symphonia and Vesperia characters develop and interact with each other is much more complex and realistic compared to the superficial character interactions in Graces F for example. While I absolutely adore Symphonia and Vesperia, I actually think every other Tales game (bar Destiny, Xillia 2 and possibly Abyss) is below average; as the characters are the most important aspect of a Tales game for me.

I've always thought of it as a Fujishima vs Inomata (Team Symphona vs Team Destiny) scenario, but I'd like to know a bit more. And I get the impression that this is a widespread opinion, but I don't get much exposure to the Tales community. Are there crazy people who think the opposite?

RedSwirl

I still haven't figured out how to perform special moves in Symphonia. On Gamecube it was the left analog stick but I can't figure it out here.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Crap, just started and hit the fire temple; I don't think I'm good enough to hit sub-145, wooden sword, no death, no gel, no run at the same time.

Top Bottom