• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| "Progress" It's Been 15 Years. . .

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nice OP! My copy is preordered. Now to wait like... 2 weeks after release to play it. :D

I'm not as psyched about the battle system after playing Graces. I dislike that TP is in it, but the combo system looks pretty cool, so who knows? Maybe I might like it.

7Th said:
ufotable is the cancer killing videogame OPs.
Disagree. From what we've seen, the OP and whatever else we've seen animated looks good.

FSLink

Banned
Vanille said:
It is been 15 years?
And Abyss was the 10th Anniversary game!

....ugh, I hate that Abyss was rushed to meet the 10th anniversary and it ended up with slow load times and such. Hopefully Xillia will feel like a full game.

Rpgmonkey

Might grab this when I get more money and free time around the holidays, but I think I'll wait and see what they do with Xillia with the 2012 Tales lineup instead, assuming I can resist the urge until then.

Doesn't have the most captivating game mechanics in the series and there's already way too many paid DLC costumes, but I like what they're doing outside of those two little issues.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rpgmonkey said:
Might grab this when I get more money and free time around the holidays, but I think I'll wait and see what they do with Xillia with the 2012 Tales lineup instead, assuming I can resist the urge until then.

Doesn't have the most captivating game mechanics in the series and there's already way too many paid DLC costumes, but I like what they're doing outside of those two little issues.

Maybe a Vita port or something.

Shouta

Now that I've finished my first run through Growlanser IV, I can start Xillia when it comes out. Hopefully Yodobashi has a good price no it.

TreIII

Bebpo said:
^^;

I'm just hoping it's not a bad Tales game.

The thing that worries me so far is that the game looks a lot slower than Graces F and, for me, anyway, the unwelcome return of TP.

All the same, I await impressions next week.

Awesome OT! The game looks really nice but this September is ruining me money-wise so I'll look forward to impressions.

Obligatory ENTHUSIASM!

Xena

Wonderful topic! I'm not importing just yet though, because I'm hoping they will bring it here after Graces. Really hope Graces sells a lot.

Seda

One big thing I want Xillia to do is have interesting antagonists. I'm usually quite disappointed in the antagonists in Tales games.

kiryogi

Banned
Bebpo said:
^^;

This. I'm hoping that since this is a 15th anniversary game that it'll be something magical like Abyss. Hope we don't get another Vesperia. Game honestly was mega shark jump after the halfway point.

Droplet

mackaveli said:
played it already. What old tales games are good story wise?

N-none of them? You're not really telling us what you've played and not.

I've played Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, and Vesperia. Not that many I know, but I wouldn't feel safe suggesting anything but Vesperia without knowing what somebody would either like/hate. Legendia has a goodish story and amazing music but the gameplay is bad, Symphonia has an okay story and okay gameplay, and Abyss has a convoluted story with an interesting cast, but also has minute long load times and free run which makes the battles really easy if you abuse it. Of the three I'd feel safest recommending Symphonia. The story is sort of interesting, the cast is kind of bland (and Lloyd is annoying), but there's a lot of options as long as you disagree with everything Colette says. The gameplay isn't so bad, I think... Farther back...I've heard the Destiny remake is good.

UberTag said:
That score is ridiculous.
Death to Namco Bandai if they fail to bring this to North America.
we are still waiting for a proper date for Graces F. dat shit announcement shouldn't have been even announced at all if they are going to take this long :\

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
UberTag said:
That score is ridiculous.
Death to Bandai Namco if they fail to bring this to North America.

This, Tales of Xillia is shaping up to be one of the best Tales games ever.

We better get a USA release or lots of Namco employees will get nicely worded letters of "encouragement."

MechaX

Hm.. Given my limited understanding of Japanese, I'll probably hold off on the import until people have got the basic menus/artes/etc translated and people have gotten through the game's story so I can at least stay on track.

With that said, given everything else coming out this season, I'll only have the "big bucks" and time to import one title between Tales of Xillia and Gundam Extreme Vs. Hm...

Shouta

Bebpo said:
^^;

Eh, it probably won't be. It'd have to be mesed up mechanically or messed up in story to be bad. I just hope it's not utterly infuriating like Abyss.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kiryogi said:
Wait I'm @ work so I can't properly check yet. . . Did it really get a 39? Ill update the ot later if so.

Yep. 「テイルズオブエクシリア」 : 10 / 9 / 10 / 10

kiryogi

Banned
pancakesandsex said:
Is this the highest rated tales game ever?
Yup. Last highest was Graces F @ 37/40. And yeah, I'm in the same boat since it is Team Symphonia combat. . . But I'm hyped and hopeful

Nix

Banned
Should just localize this for the summer; would make both my life, and me, a little bit happier.

I know they won't so I'll just go hug that tree over there and wait for Graces, and my Xillia import.

FSLink

Banned
Synless said:
That's the highest score for a Tales game ever isn't it?
Yeah. Some other Tales scores:
Tales of Vesperia: 9/9/9/8
Tales of the Abyss: 9/9/9/9
And posted earlier, Graces f got 10/9/9/9

matmanx1

DMPrince said:
but this score actually is worth it! there's HD Towns!

Mwahaha! Also: ENTHUSIASM (Notice the bold script there NB? That's important when judging enthusiasm!)

In all seriousness Xillia really does look like a winner and I hope it lives up to the expectations. And then I hope that NB gives us a date for Graces F and a date for Xillia shortly thereafter!

Meanwhile I'll be enjoying my shiny new X Edition. I think I got 2 day shipping from NCSX so hopefully by the 10th or 11th? ENTHUSIASM!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow, I'm shocked by the score. What the heck? That score is ridiculous. I want to know what the reviewers said about this game!

Top Bottom