• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Import Thread - Turning Legends Into Hope

There were parts of that song that sort tickled me in the same fashion as the Inuyasha OP and ED. lol. I love them OPs and EDs yo.

EDIT: God Eater 2 costumes are announced as DLC. Sorey gets Julius and Rose gets Nana. This is very weird. I thought Rose would get something like Alicia. Whatevs. Alisha getting the shaft again though. lol.

Makes sense for the *new* main female character to get an outfit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Rofl. Was watching a stream and one of the posters said that multiplayer was always a major focus for the franchise. linked me an interview that mentioned Multiplayer for 5 seconds stating that it existed. This fanbase sometimes.

Yeah, but I'm from America and studied Japanese in America.

I'm moving back to the States in July anyhow.

Wanna grab a drink?

Aeana

Rofl. Was watching a stream and one of the posters said that multiplayer was always a major focus for the franchise. linked me an interview that mentioned Multiplayer for 5 seconds stating that it existed. This fanbase sometimes.

Wanna grab a drink?

It's hard to say that multiplayer was always a major focus for the franchise when not all of the games have had the option, and several of them require an item that you can't get until a ways into the game.

kayos90

It's hard to say that multiplayer was always a major focus for the franchise when not all of the games have had the option, and several of them require an item that you can't get until a ways into the game.

Well this person specifically pointed me to a video interview saying there was a 5 minute segment where they went on about how multiplayer was a big focus for Zestiria, and I was like "lol wut? I call bullshit."

raven777

for those who haven't seen it yet, Zestiria collaboration in Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi

54C0504C4C2EB0000E

54C0504D4C2D760010

54C0504E4C2C350012

54C0504F4C32540009

shit, they also get weapon skins of their costume's

I mean sure they still look like Hearts CG characters, but I like that little touch

also dying at 6 Slay's swords

Datschge

;_;

Just because they've done something in the past it doesn't mean it has to continue.

And even then when they did bring Vesperia to new gen it was only on Xbox 360! Something I'm convinced was a mistake for Namco in the long run. It took them a year to bring it to PS3 and only in Japan. The first PS3 only Tales they did release, Xilia, went on to become the best selling Tales game in history!

Anyways, as we know the jump from PS2 to HD was bigger than what you can get away with when porting over to PS4 from PS3. I'm not asking for a new gen only Tales. I was saying they could've ported straight to the PS4 as is with a higher resolution and call it a day.

I'm not sure what you are trying to argue, like at all.
- They brought Vesperia to Xbox 360 as it was the first new gen back then and had development kits out for far longer already.
- Simultaneous multiplatform releases haven't been a thing for Japanese developers for a very long time. It still isn't common, and it still hasn't happened even once with the Tales series.
- "Major" Tales releases happen roughly once a year. Since the Destiny Remake on PS2 that includes expanded re-releases a year after. The Vesperia port for PS3 was one such expanded re-releases.
- Xillia 1 (which for the records is "only" the 3rd best selling Tales game) is actually an argument against going to PS4 anytime soon as PS4's install base in Japan is nowhere close to that of the PS3 at the time of Xillia 1's release. Honestly PS4's current install base in Japan is a complete joke, Wii U still has more than double the install base there, and that one's doing historically bad. Most console games are still being sold on PS3, and the console market in Japan looks more to be on the brink of dying than switching to Wii U or PS4 anytime soon.

Yes they could do a straight up-port, but as is that would essentially only be for the Western market, and that may not be big enough even for such effort, and they'd lose a potential entry for their yearly release pattern. Try again in half a year or so.

Aizo

Banned
All you importers, do you understand Japanese? I know rpgmonkey does. I envy you. Get to play jRPG's way in advance before its western release.
I didn't realize someone already asked haha. Games aren't too hard to understand, especially when voiced. I still have trouble with novels, though. Damn dedcriptive vocabulary...

Sakura

Wait Amazon says the estimated date of delivery is the 23rd, but the current status is 持ち出し中
D-Does that mean I could get it today?

kayos90

Depending on the pacing, I can see the narrative of this game greatly impacting the battles for the first few hours. Oh man.

Mieu

But what's with Alicia getting the hype initially? I'm not really sure what the plot twist would be. And who would be the traitor in this game?

Aizo

Banned
There's a pretty sizable amount of people on here that know Japanese, myself included. =)

Gonna be buying this after work and probably streaming my scrubbiness on Twitch.
Yeah, I was surprised, while living there for the last year, to find Japan GAF is so large. Didn't get to meet you, though.

But what's with Alicia getting the hype initially? I'm not really sure what the plot twist would be. And who would be the traitor in this game?

It's not much hype, but she was just introduced along with Slay at the game's reveal. So you know people thought she would be important.

kayos90

Make sense, I think a game completely animated by ufotable will destroy any sense of budget they could ever have

I mean..... Idk. Rose looks fine in the ufotable stuff but in game she just looks so terribad. Also, Rose's skin color changes when she shifts into her wind form. Is that normal?

Falk

that puzzling face
Are you asking if it's normal for people's skin color to change when they shift into wind form?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What the hell, Amazon. You ALWAYS leave single games in my mailbox and now you suddenly want me to be there for the delivery? I was hoping to play as soon as I get home. :(

Aeana

Ugh....
Damn it. :\
My credit card was rejected. It's my fault, and I immediately fixed it and paid via PayPal, but now they claim my order won't ship until the 26th. I'm going to have to contact them and ask... oof, if it doesn't ship until Monday, I'll be very upset. :(

kayos90

Ugh....
Damn it. :\
My credit card was rejected. It's my fault, and I immediately fixed it and paid via PayPal, but now they claim my order won't ship until the 26th. I'm going to have to contact them and ask... oof, if it doesn't ship until Monday, I'll be very upset. :(

Oh shit... That's not cool.

Sakura

:D

:)...:'(

I feel your pain.

"I GOT THE GAME.... now I have to work for 8 hours..."
Yea, and I work the weekend too. Tohoho.
What the hell, Amazon. You ALWAYS leave single games in my mailbox and now you suddenly want me to be there for the delivery? I was hoping to play as soon as I get home. :(
Hmm yea, when I ordered a game off Amazon in December they just slid it through the door, but today they knocked on my door and gave it to me, even though he didn't ask for my stamp.

Top Bottom