• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Import Thread - Turning Legends Into Hope

Mifec

Those headphones why? Poor Edna can't get rid of the large boots.

Going for either regular or Yuri Sorey :3

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yes, and they're really good. You pay Lawson retail price and get Lawson points and everything. You can even get Lawson-specific preorder bonuses from them.

oh wow nice! thanks for the reply and feedback about them had no idea they did international too very cool

FSLink

Banned
The Yuri and Leon costumes look awful but it's pretty much mandatory that someone gets those costumes due to the massive popularity of those two. :/

Mifec

The Yuri and Leon costumes look awful but it's pretty much mandatory that someone gets those costumes due to the massive popularity of those two. :/

Well Yuri is the best Tales protag so yeah they have to have it in, also it looked great on Asbel.

Rhapsody

Banned
Namco wants that money. Looks like I should be expecting to see Leon and Yuri DLC costumes for every title.

Edit: Too bad (Or rather fortunately) the costumes in Xillia styled graphics don't get me interested as Graces and Vesperia's.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I said nevermind to those that can read and translate Japanese. I'm only baffled at how those with 0 knowledge of it would import the game.

It's their money and their problem if they want to play the game with a guide. I don't get what the big deal is.

MSMrRound

B77aaF8IgAIuDj2.jpg:large

New arrivals on the shop shelf! It's a Zesty day alright.

FSLink

Banned
tbt, most of the cameo costumes this time look pretty bad

like Rowen|Barbatos bad

Edna with Elize's costume looks fine, and Lailah's Mint costume isn't super terrible. But yeah the rest are bleh.

I'm indifferent to cameo costumes for the most part, but they really need to make it so you can disable the battle music, or just put RM2/RM3's battle music chooser in each game (and charge for DLC battle music packs because who are we kidding it's Namco they'd totally do it)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Half and half success rate.

For Graces f: We didn't get Asbel's .hack costume, Sophie's Miku costume nor the idolmaster costumes.

For Xillia 1: We didn't get the Star Driver outfits but did get idolmaster.

For Xillia 2: No Code Geass Akito nor the Madoka ones.

Ok, it's more like pretty unlikely we'll get any collaboration ones unless they are a Bamco property. And that's still a maybe.

Namco Bandai doesn't own the Gods Eater license in the US iirc.

Shun

Same for Milla and Cheria costumes. Should be in every Tales game from now on.

It still odd that Rose has Milla costume and Alisha has Cheria costume. Works better other way around.

Getting my Evangelion and Legacy costumes after redeeming DLC.

New arrivals on the shop shelf! It's a Zesty day alright.

This reminds me I hope Bamco gives out the Famitsu DX pack's stuff for the western's LE.

Edna with Elize's costume looks fine, and Lailah's Mint costume isn't super terrible. But yeah the rest are bleh.

I'm indifferent to cameo costumes for the most part, but they really need to make it so you can disable the battle music, or just put RM2/RM3's battle music chooser in each game (and charge for DLC battle music packs because who are we kidding it's Namco they'd totally do it)

The problem with Elize's costume is that it looks like they just copy+pasted her into this game.

I agree that Mint looks fine. Even though we just had a Mint costume in Xillia. They aren't being creative here in character choices (but of course if we're getting Leon and Yuri)

Namco Bandai doesn't own the Gods Eater license in the US iirc.

I imagine they wouldn't want to acknowledge it either in the West, lest people keep asking where's God Eater 2 :p

On that note, the Sengoku Basara attachments probably won't come over either as Capacom doesn't think that's a series in the West either

Rhapsody

Banned
ToIR gave Eugene to Ricardo.
ToV PS3 gave Mao to Rita.

That's about it. Hell I think Tales of Tempest has just about the same cameo costumes. :p

Oh right, never got ToIR yet. And ToV had so many great costumes to choose from.

And that's really depressing lol. A shame since I liked ToR's designs.

kewlmyc

Haha, wow. Nana's (God Eater 2) outfit looks weird as hell on Rose. What a weird choice of crossover costumes.

Oh well, it's not like we're getting any of them in the western release.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah Vesperia probably had the best cameo costume choices. I like Estelle as Chloe, Karol as Lloyd, and Rita as Mao.
And I do dig the Namco related ones they got too as DLC. Flynn as Chopin is a damn good choice.

Eternia hasn't had much costume representation either. I think the only one is the Farah one for Leia in ToX/ToX2.

Sakura

Are there any unlockable costumes in current Tales or are they all DLC? There are a couple I'm interested in but they aren't out yet. Also they are so expensive.

Shun

Are there any unlockable costumes in current Tales or are they all DLC? There are a couple I'm interested in but they aren't out yet. Also they are so expensive.

There are, usually a few but a bulk of costumes are DLC. There is always obligatory swimsuit unlock costume and event.

I expect 2 for each, no more than 3 unlocks for a single character.

Yeah Vesperia probably had the best cameo costume choices. I like Estelle as Chloe, Karol as Lloyd, and Rita as Mao.
And I do dig the Namco related ones they got too as DLC. Flynn as Chopin is a damn good choice.

Yeah, I agree, they were all pretty great.

The Namco ones were great. The final equipment ones as well.

Hell, this might be the reason I haven't started Vesperia PS3 yet since I want a good chunk of those DLC costumes. :x

Y
Eternia hasn't had much costume representation either. I think the only one is the Farah one for Leia in ToX/ToX2.

Chat was an outfit for ToIR. :p

At this point, most of ToIR cameo costumes were basically for ignored games. And no one was Luke, Yuri or Leon!

Rhapsody

Banned
Anyone know if that 10 percent apology discount PSN is offering works on DLC? I might consider buying some of the Vesperia DLC in that case...

raven777

Interesting that Eva costumes are up on Korean PSN store. Korean PSN store, like US/EU didn't get anime collaboration costumes in the past. But for some reason this time Eva costume is available.

Sandfox

I like all of the school costumes.

There are, usually a few but a bulk of costumes are DLC. There is always obligatory swimsuit unlock costume and event.

I expect 2 for each, no more than 3 unlocks for a single character.

That really isn't true anymore. Xillia just stuck with recolors and two costumes used during the main story that were only unlocked when you finished the game. Also, I don't think they do the swimsuit events anymore.

Anyone know if that 10 percent apology discount PSN is offering works on DLC? I might consider buying some of the Vesperia DLC in that case...

I need the costume for Estelle that came with the first shipment of First Strike in my life but its never going to happen lol.

Am I mistaken or did someone actually use the word gaijin in this thread? Pretty sure that's a derogatively used term. I mean not like we can call people japs here nonchalantly...

That really isn't true anymore. Xillia just stuck with recolors and two costumes used during the main story that were only unlocked when you finished the game. Also, I don't think they do the swimsuit events anymore.

Xillia 2 did give you more costumes. Though it was mostly hand-me-downs from the first game, plus a new recolor of their new outfit and a jacket-off version but still more than Xillia 1.

They did give Ludger a bunch of costumes though so maybe we'll have more in-game costumes if they weren't so pressed for time or something in development.

Sakura

Am I mistaken or did someone actually use the word gaijin in this thread? Pretty sure that's a derogatively used term. I mean not like we can call people japs here nonchalantly...
It is? People at work and customers call me gaijin all the time. Should I start getting upset

It's similar to calling black people "colored". The word itself isn't a slur, but it has a very unfriendly history/usage.

Some people use it nonchalantly, other foreigners call themselves it, but any time a japanese person is racist/rude to foreigners, they ALWAYS say "gaijin".

Off topic, however.

It is? People at work and customers call me gaijin all the time. Should I start getting upset

What kind of work do you do where people say that to do daily?

SGD (Singapore Dollars) actually. Back when I was a customer, shops here usually sell a new retail game e.g Tales of Xillia 2 for SGD 67. 7x or 8x is pretty standard for a Japanese import copy...oh...and I'm working at one of those local gaming shops here in Singapore.
We should have a Asia version too.
Where are you working?
any discounts for Gaffers?

I mean no offense, but people who work at conbinis aren't a good slice of society, but it is a "dirty word", so to speak.

For example, news castors can't say it on TV anymore. If that was me, I would tell my manager that I don't appreciate it.

But, then you run the risk of alienating yourself and being "othered" from your co-workers, as per rule 46 line 23 Revision C of Japanese Society.

Aizo

Banned
I refer to myself as a gaijin when speaking in Japanese. Some of my friends tell me I shouldn't, but others think it's normal. I've been called 外人さん before, though, so that's fun.

I've always found gaijin working at conbini to be interesting. I'm interested, now.

Top Bottom