• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Lol wish i knew before hand

I just took note of where those types of enemies were and then ran through about a dozen of them in a row when I was at a much higher level. Aside from regular bosses, those Boss Hellions are the ones that will drop Anomalous Orbs, which are the items that actually raise your Max HP. So you very much want to get to those at some point.

Bladenic

I was fighting a mimic just know and it said attempt exceeded and the battle ended?? Didn't know that could happen. Should've used the Water MA damn it. I killed one before tho so I idk what I did wrong this time

I was fighting a mimic just know and it said attempt exceeded and the battle ended?? Didn't know that could happen. Should've used the Water MA damn it. I killed one before tho so I idk what I did wrong this time

I only ran into like, two mimics the entire game. But what did it mean by attempt exceeded?

Switch out the Seraph and they'll revive over time and heal

That doesn't work out too well in boss fights. Mostly because any incapacitated party members do not receive EXP. So if a Seraph is KO'd I have to intentionally stall the fight and wait for them to revive if they got swapped out, which can lead to other allies getting KO'd because of dumb AI.

For Seraphs it's better to just use a Life Bottle instead of risking more losses by waiting.

Naturally this isn't an issue for people who don't care too much about EXP. I don't think it makes a grand difference in the end.

Don't worry about it too much. Use what works for you. Mikleo was by far my least-used Armatization in the game. Though there are certain times where it's the most effective for certain bosses.
Yea lailahs seems to be my go to when im in a pinch. Im going in pretty blind aside from skimming the thread so i hope earth and wind are a little better.

Bladenic

There's a sidequest prompt when talking to Rose that's about the border patrol. She doesn't even mention what kingdom it is, anyone know where to go?

I'm actually here now. Speaking of, every enemy in this place is extremely annoying, except the plant. Mainly cuz they're all spell casters.

Was that the point in the game where attacking them mid-cast started to only speed up their casting time instead of interrupting?

squall23

So I'm sure those of you that have explored Zaphgott Moor, you've seen that particular castle gate right? Does it really not do anything? If so, was Bamco really that lazy to not just add mountain textures to hide it or something?

Also, this game sure has a lot of
dead children

Ravidrath

Told everyone man, they only did it so you'd listen to the best song in the game for a couple hours. They were really proud of it and were like "It'd be a shame if people didn't listen to it for an interminable amount of time"

Yeah, all the trial music is so good. But nothing can make up for that level design.

And it's totally stuck in my head now, too. Which is actually somewhat infuriating.

Level Designer A: We have to do a water level. Y'know, to make people suffer.

Level Designer B: Ok. Any goals ?

Level Designer A: We are going to do something that's even more infuriating than the OoT Water Temple.

Level Designer B: Great. Let's do this.

I think it was something like that when they thought of that dungeon. It was a trolling level all along.

Yeah, like, I just don't know what they were thinking.

Teleport us to the beginning of the room, not the beginning of the dungeon.

But, really, the main issue is that nowhere else in the game do you have to be careful as you navigate like that. And the water power is a dumb stealth thing that doesn't last long enough.

I think the main impetus was to just have a dungeon focused on the water power to make it feel useful, even though it's not worth caring about 99% of the time.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Huge Endgame spoilers:

So they pulled another Tales of the Abyss?!!!! Why?!!! At least change it up by making it clear it's another Shepherd with the hand or Sorey is gone forever. Also doing a basic mouth movement of Sorey saying something inaudible as he pushed Rose away and lowered himself into the pit with Heldaf is maddening, would have liked to know what he said, probably just "thank you."

Huge Endgame spoilers:

So they pulled another Tales of the Abyss?!!!! Why?!!! At least change it up by making it clear it's another Shepherd with the hand or Sorey is gone forever. Also doing a basic mouth movement of Sorey saying something inaudible as he pushed Rose away and lowered himself into the pit with Heldaf is maddening, would have liked to know what he said, probably just "thank you."

I'm pretty sure that was Sorey at the end, considering how happy Mikleo was to see him. I kind of doubt he would look the same way if it was another Shepherd. Remember that Sorey was supposed to go into hibernation after becoming a vessel for Maotelus. I think that's why they also showed a grave for Rose and the two twins were really old. To show that Sorey has been sleeping for a long time and the Mikleo scene shows that he's woken up.

Pancake Mix

I'm pretty sure that was Sorey at the end, considering how happy Mikleo was to see him. I kind of doubt he would look the same way if it was another Shepherd. Remember that Sorey was supposed to go into hibernation after becoming a vessel for Maotelus. I think that's why they also showed a grave for Rose and the two twins were really old. To show that Sorey has been sleeping for a long time and the Mikleo scene shows that he's woken up.

Abyss spoilers too

Well Abyss had a smile but there was some bullshit to make it vague (Jade, Natalia) that wasn't here besides the silhouette. I think you're right but it's not 100 percent.
Is the gravestone's name Rose's Japanese romanization? Dang that's sad, now that makes me feel better about the ending. Show her on the hill, then show everyone at her grave. :'( She can't wait for the shepherd like the seraphim can. Damn...

Okay, I think you've got it. I was dumb and thought the grave was Sorey's name as if he had actually sacrificed himself. Now I understand why he didn't really say goodbye.

Thank you for helping me get it. I dunno why I figured Sorey had sacrificed himself despite that last talk with the few hundred years, etc.

Rose or Alisha would have loved to have had Sorey as a love interest/potential spouse I feel but that couldn't happen.

But at the end of the day he got to hang around ruins with his old pal again, centuries after all of the human friends and possibly Lailah have passed away.

9.5/10 ending the feels. The feels.

1er tigre

I have an important question for you guys: does the fresh mutton Guy from tales of xillia 1 and 2 make his return in tales of zestiria ?

Man this game sucks :(

I actually prefere Xillia over this and that is saying something

I think all the usual JRPG tropes are getting to me

Man this game sucks :(

I actually prefere Xillia over this and that is saying something

I think all the usual JRPG tropes are getting to me

I think the fact that it plays pretty much everything completely straight is what brings it down a bit. Thinking back, there wasn't anything in this story that I'd even consider a plot twist aside from
Dezel's
back story, which was kind of poorly handled in it's scene. Aside from that, anything else was so obvious even the characters saw most of those things coming.

I'll need to give this one another run through but I'd probably say out of all the Tales from this gen it would probably rank near the bottom story wise, probably only above Hearts R. I liked the characters and gameplay quite a bit though.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Was that the point in the game where attacking them mid-cast started to only speed up their casting time instead of interrupting?
Doesn't that happen only if you start the interruption with a hidden arte instead of a martial arte?

R0jmc3A.jpg

That can be the biggest downside of staying armatized in certain fights too, because you only have hidden and seraphic artes during armatization.

KainXVIII

Did i need to beat crucible several times to get all rewards? I get some earrings from first crucible, i read that there is also some victory skit or something

So I've been using the same piece of equipment i got near the beginning of the game for quite a while and I don't feel the need to change them for newer ones since it'll remove my E and G unions. Almost all my equipment have skills from normins I've been finding and despite almost of the equipment I've been finding having much higher stats, it'll just ruin the skill sheet i have currently. So am I suppose to just use my early game equipment to the end?

Cornbread78

Probably a real noon question, but when fusing equipment, what are the skills that appear in blue and the equipment name itself?

Can someone help me out i feel like i have waaaay less artes than usual in early tales games. I only have sonic thrust, shatteringfang and the first one u get. Im on my way to the plague town with Alisha

Dugna

Can someone help me out i feel like i have waaaay less artes than usual in early tales games. I only have sonic thrust, shatteringfang and the first one u get. Im on my way to the plague town with Alisha

Artes unlock slowly in this game compared to the other Tales.

Ah ok good thought i was under levelled or something. So far its been pretty god. Mikleo is thr coolest character in the party so far he maked the otherwise boring sorey alil better. Alisha is uh...yea idk why there was outrage, she's nothing special.

Bladenic

I was wondering, can you do a lot of title switching to unlock artes faster? Also everyone has learned all their artes for me around level 50 except Lailah is 61 now and still doesn't have Lightning Blast RIP

I've been trying to play as other characters for the trophy, but idk how much you gotta play as everyone. I feel like I should be good on Rose and the wind seraph, maybe Lailah, but Mikleo I've barely touched.

Dugna

Ah ok good thought i was under levelled or something. So far its been pretty god. Mikleo is thr coolest character in the party so far he maked the otherwise boring sorey alil better. Alisha is uh...yea idk why there was outrage, she's nothing special.

Yeah like halfway through tons of artes unlock so no worries.

I was wondering, can you do a lot of title switching to unlock artes faster? Also everyone has learned all their artes for me around level 50 except Lailah is 61 now and still doesn't have Lightning Blast RIP

Probably could but I didn't bother because every single title learned the same arte from the start, so I just maxed out the beginning title at first. I don't find titles as fun in this game as the other games.

Zafir

Well. The Earth challenge sure was lackluster.

I walked to the minotaur(or whatever they're calling him), stealthed with the water thing, attacked and killed it straight away. Making the rest of the dungeon rather empty and pointless, lol.
Something tells me maybe that shouldn't have happened.

Dugna

Well. The Earth challenge sure was lackluster.

I walked to the minotaur(or whatever they're calling him), stealthed with the water thing, attacked and killed it straight away. Making the rest of the dungeon rather empty and pointless, lol.
Something tells me maybe that shouldn't have happened.

no thats supposed to happen, you use your skill for each temple to get through it. It's all straight forward.

LetTheWookieWin

Neo Member
I really did myself in. I bought Zestiria, Disgaea 5 (both of which I'm 20-30hs into), then Divinity Original Sin, ND collection and have Fallout 4 in mere days..... The thing is, I really like what I've played of Zestiria (so far like it more then Xillia and I platinumed that) but my backlog is so out of hand I can't concentrate on it. Thankfully had a couple of days off work to get Dragon Quest Heros out of the way (great game). Anyone else feel like this? Dam holidays....

I really did myself in. I bought Zestiria, Disgaea 5 (both of which I'm 20-30hs into), then Divinity Original Sin, ND collection and have Fallout 4 in mere days..... The thing is, I really like what I've played of Zestiria (so far like it more then Xillia and I platinumed that) but my backlog is so out of hand I can't concentrate on it. Thankfully had a couple of days off work to get Dragon Quest Heros out of the way (great game). Anyone else feel like this? Dam holidays....
I got disgaea 5, and assassin's creed syndicate as well as jus bought this yesterday and battlefront next week..my life is over

Zafir

no thats supposed to happen, you use your skill for each temple to get through it. It's all straight forward.

Nah, I actually read up on it,
and it(the minotaur) runs away if you don't do enough damage to it. So I actually assume you aren't meant to beat it straight away and its meant to run away a few times before you actually do.

Yeah, I'm just trying to get Alisha's Story finished this weekend, then I'll have that out of the way. Still need to finish Talos Principle, and I haven't even played Dragon Quest Heroes yet despite buying it at launch. But that's going to have to wait until after Fallout 4.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Are skits only shown over save points now? Geez tales of zestria is taking alot of what i loved and changing it alot
This started in Graces and continued into Zestiria.

This game feels more like a sequel to Graces than Xillia in general. The full body skits, save point and discovery skits only, discoveries in general, the battle system, etc.

So i just found Heldalf randomly in some random area afected by malevolence,
decided to fight him , beat him after a lot of cheesing. so the fights ends and then some random clip pop ups ( i think it is the bad ending) and then i get a message saying " The End"

So basically unless u want to get that don't fight him

Decided to load the game and now i'm in a totally diferent area from where i last saved.

Pancake Mix

The Alisha's Story DLC is pretty good, glad it was free. Game in general has a pretty touching ending but this is good gravy.

Edit: Wait, I'm getting a consistent crash at
just past Galviend Basin by the Rolance Outpost
in the DLC on PS4,
once the hellion attacks you
. Anyone else?

Edit 2: I re-downloaded/installed the DLC and nothing else and it worked now. Well alrighty! Something weird must be going on with the DLC on my system that it even allows that.

So i just found Heldalf randomly in some random area afected by malevolence,
decided to fight him , beat him after a lot of cheesing. so the fights ends and then some random clip pop ups ( i think it is the bad ending) and then i get a message saying " The End"

So basically unless u want to get that don't fight him

Decided to load the game and now i'm in a totally diferent area from where i last saved.

Yeah, that's the game's
"bad ending" and the only alternate ending.
Pretty weird, didn't get it myself.

Top Bottom