• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Just wondering if anyone familiar with the game's soundtrack can help me with something.

I'm trying to figure out what the name of the track that plays here is called, as I quite like it: https://youtu.be/j5JDzVQK1is?t=7

But after going through an 107 video playlist of the OST I have no idea what it is.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
PcxmO97.jpg

xfoRUu7.gif

Finally. Didn't even know it was in that dungeon, nice surprise.

Just wondering if anyone familiar with the game's soundtrack can help me with something.

I'm trying to figure out what the name of the track that plays here is called, as I quite like it: https://youtu.be/j5JDzVQK1is?t=7

But after going through an 107 video playlist of the OST I have no idea what it is.
Here:

It's the same melody as the boy's choir section of Journey's End. The full 13 minute version (with vocals) plays near the end of the game.

In context, a lot of Go Shiina's stuff usually gets rearranged and/or mashed together for the soundtrack. He likes doing OST-specific cuts. Not just Zestiria-specific, either. Probably why you can't find it.

edit: Here, at this timestamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sXut-uosys#t=5m25s

Possible endgame spoilers from the lyrics, I guess?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm at the Wind Trial. When does the plot get bad? Cause it hasn't been up til now
Almost right after that. And it doesn't get bad as much as it starts feeling more rushed and disjointed than before.

Reveirg

Unlikely. If that were in Bamco's thought process the end result would be "DLC that replaces all music with water temple music".

$79.99

That track is absolutely amazing. I did not mind the dungeon design. Everytime I'd get warped, I'd think "oh well, I get to listen to it some more!"

Yeah. It's funny. I was liking the normal music just fine, nothing amazing but standard Tales fair. Then I hit the Shrines and it's just...next fucking level. Like it is unreal how good these specific tracks are. Water Trial is hands down phenomenal.

Falk

that puzzling face

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Ending + Alisha's Story spoilers:

I understand that that they couldn't just time warp 700 years with the same assets. All the same, knowing that Rose explicitly and almost certainly Alisha (unless it was like 80 years or something) die before Sorey comes back made the ending of Alisha's Story hallow. It's sequel bait sure but you've already showed us Rose's grave...

Zafir

So i just found Heldalf randomly in some random area afected by malevolence,
decided to fight him , beat him after a lot of cheesing. so the fights ends and then some random clip pop ups ( i think it is the bad ending) and then i get a message saying " The End"

So basically unless u want to get that don't fight him

Decided to load the game and now i'm in a totally diferent area from where i last saved.

Just got this myself. Was totally NOT worth the effort I went to beating it, lol. XD

I expected an achievement, or at the very least some experience!

Is there even any point continuing from the save it creates? I used quite a lot of items so I'm kind of tempted to just go back to my save before.

Just got this myself. Was totally NOT worth the effort I went to beating it, lol. XD

I expected an achievement, or at the very least some experience!

Is there even any point continuing from the save it creates? I used quite a lot of items so I'm kind of tempted to just go back to my save before.

Reading on gamefaqs , some user stated that by beating him yo can get the alternate ending (not that custscene) you just have to reload and continue on your journey.

also decided to check my monster database and Heldalf isn't there

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Alisha DLC:

These ruins are making me go crazy.

The music sounds pretty Castlevania-esque, and Alisha's outfit (especially with the hat off) is also really Castlevania-y, so it's not too bad being lost in here, but still.

This is at least some months old but this was the popularity rankings for the cast in Japan.

http://luzloshiv-lelei.tumblr.com/post/110979865260/tales-of-zestiria-popularity-polls-separated-to

Interesting that Mikleo is #1, I don't see it. I'd also put Zaveid ahead of Dezel personally.
...this is 90% accurate

Why is a Normin there

MegaPanda

Post-game spoilers:

Any way to purify Hexen Isle? It looked so nice at first but then I beat the cameos and now the whole area is ugly af.

Layell

So i just found Heldalf randomly in some random area afected by malevolence,
decided to fight him , beat him after a lot of cheesing. so the fights ends and then some random clip pop ups ( i think it is the bad ending) and then i get a message saying " The End"

So basically unless u want to get that don't fight him

Decided to load the game and now i'm in a totally diferent area from where i last saved.

Does anyone know when/where this is? Cause this is kind of cool because I did
find him near the earth trial and fought him there, but that was part of the main plot yes?
, what was also cool was that when I used
lions roar
, he totally calls me out on it and does his own stuff in response.

It's the same melody as the boy's choir section of Journey's End. The full 13 minute version (with vocals) plays near the end of the game.

In context, a lot of Go Shiina's stuff usually gets rearranged and/or mashed together for the soundtrack. He likes doing OST-specific cuts. Not just Zestiria-specific, either. Probably why you can't find it.

Thanks both! Didn't know I'd only have to flick back a couple of pages to find someone else asking the exact same question and posting the exact same scene in the game, great minds...

I know we say this every other page, but Go Shiina's shrine tracks are so crazy good. Made entering each of them a memorable moment.

Flaming Bonds are Being Tested

Melody of Water is the Guide in Spiritual Mist

Competing with the Honor of the Land

Fight Between the Wind and the Blinking Sky

This Tales really does have some of the best Tales music I've ever heard. Most of the time I beat a Tales game and during my reflection I'll check out bits and pieces of stuff I might have missed, but it was almost never to listen to music tracks. Here I am a few days after beating this one, and I still find myself listening to it's music on and off.

Got another one for you then, where's the Glaivend Basin track? One of my favourites in the game.

Best I could find was a Youtube video of someone literally standing in Glaivend Basin specifically to let the track play lol. Hopefully Falk might know where it could be hidden in the OST (that and the Alisha's DLC Dungeon theme)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-da2TdMaqA

PKrockin

The temple themes in this game are absolutely based, definitely some of the best music in the series in a long time.

Tales of Legendia may have been a mediocre game but the music was top in the series because of Go Shiina.

Loved this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PetEZ_ahg-Q
There's such a gulf in quality between the music and the other aspects of the game as I remember them that my mind actually tries to dissociate them as I listen to it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Got another one for you then, where's the Glaivend Basin track? One of my favourites in the game.

I'll have to listen through Disc 3 again to find it when I get the time. I'm pretty sure I've heard it on the soundtrack somewhere.

Fisico

This is my takeaway from it too. lol

Well to be fair these popularity polls probably aren't very representative of Japan taste as a whole either, considering the paper I guess it was a small sample of Tales of Magazine readers (you know the magazine that just stopped recently probably because it was selling next to nothing), and it wouldn't even surprise me if 1pt = 1 vote.

So yeah these votes probably are from the more hardcore fans, so the Alisha love and Rose hate is strong (and the Sorey x Mikleo shipping too lol) in this case and that's something we already knew

The music sounds pretty Castlevania-esque,

The music in the DLC weren't composed by either Sakuraba and Shiina but Eriko Sakurai btw, while not being as good as the latter the tracks were still good overall and a nice change from the usual Sakuraba tunes.

Yazuka

Finished the games yesterday, I enjoyed it.
Now what can I do post game? I'm going to give Alisha DLC a try later, but I'm wondering where I find the cameo battle. I have no clue where to find them.

Ketkat

Now what can I do post game? I'm going to give Alisha DLC a try later, but I'm wondering where I find the cameo battle. I have no clue where to find them.

Go past the final save point and you'll see a warp point to the bonus dungeon. Also
go to Kat's Korner if you haven't, there's a kind of cameo fight there

Absol

Its in between the final save point and the path to the final boss.

Zafir

Reading on gamefaqs , some user stated that by beating him yo can get the alternate ending (not that custscene) you just have to reload and continue on your journey.

also decided to check my monster database and Heldalf isn't there

Oh I'm aware, I got that scene, that scene is the alternate ending. I Meant you don't get anything besides it. :p Which is why I was tempted to just reload to before it, so I keep all the items I wasted on him.

Recently, they announced a ToZ anime. Since the ending is left on a cliffhanger of sorts do you guys think that the anime will provide a definitive conclusion. I don't see NB making a ToZ 2.

Bladenic

Well to be fair these popularity polls probably aren't very representative of Japan taste as a whole either, considering the paper I guess it was a small sample of Tales of Magazine readers (you know the magazine that just stopped recently probably because it was selling next to nothing), and it wouldn't even surprise me if 1pt = 1 vote.

So yeah these votes probably are from the more hardcore fans, so the Alisha love and Rose hate is strong (and the Sorey x Mikleo shipping too lol) in this case and that's something we already knew

The music in the DLC weren't composed by either Sakuraba and Shiina but Eriko Sakurai btw, while not being as good as the latter the tracks were still good overall and a nice change from the usual Sakuraba tunes.

I always wondered what material they could possibly fill a whole magazine with every month.

Top Bottom