• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - Sorey, Modders did what Bamcouldn't!

Ascenion

Late game spoilers:
Why in God's name did they give me back Alisha for that Maltran fight?? Girl is getting bodied and basically leaving the damage up to me burning through all my life bottles. She sucks so bad lacking the optimization of the rest of my party. I honestly don't see what the issue was with her leaving the party. It seemed pretty intentional given everything else.

kewlmyc

Late game spoilers:
Why in God's name did they give me back Alisha for that Maltran fight?? Girl is getting bodied and basically leaving the damage up to me burning through all my life bottles. She sucks so bad lacking the optimization of the rest of my party. I honestly don't see what the issue was with her leaving the party. It seemed pretty intentional given everything else.

Issue that most people seem to be having is that the reasoning and Rose's introduction are kinda rushed, Rose's character voice acting took place a year after the other characters which leads people to believe she was a last minute introduction, and apparently there's some art in the game files that shows Sorey and Alisha doing the final boss dual mystic art, which is what Sorey and Rose do in the final version of the game. All this leaves people to believe that Alisha originally would have had access to armatization and never left your party. Kinda understandable why fans of her would be upset, although her personality is still kinda boring compared to Rose.

Stuart444

Issue that most people seem to be having is that the reasoning and Rose's introduction are kinda rushed, Rose's character voice acting took place a year after the other characters which leads people to believe she was a last minute introduction, and apparently there's some art in the game files that shows Sorey and Alisha doing the final boss dual mystic art, which is what Sorey and Rose do in the final version of the game. All this leaves people to believe that Alisha originally would have had access to armatization and never left your party. Kinda understandable why fans of her would be upset, although her personality is still kinda boring compared to Rose.

Character art? Where? That just adds fuel to the fire about parts of it being rushed up like anything to do with Alisha >.>

I have been slowly chipping away at the game. I am now ~9 hours in and presumably about to face a boss in the Museum. I am enjoying it a lot so far, I guess I haven't played a typical JRPG in so long that I forgot how much I enjoyed them. I find it pretty relaxing to play. None of the characters are real standouts besides maybe the Toph impersonator I just met, but none of them really annoy me either.

exfatal

Alright question is there a way to
Save ednas brother without actually killing him. Im at the point where Sorey decided to deal with edna's bro but when i went there seems like they just gonna kill him.. i dont wanna see him dead :(
yes or no answer will do trying to avoid spoilers

Alright question is there a way to
Save ednas brother without actually killing him. Im at the point where Sorey decided to deal with edna's bro but when i went there seems like they just gonna kill him.. i dont wanna see him dead :(
yes or no answer will do trying to avoid spoilers

No.

Alucrid

Banned
okay, 2 more things

what determines when you acquire an armatization arte? using other artes?

and any better places that falkewin to farm encounters to get chaos?

kewlmyc

Character art? Where? That just adds fuel to the fire about parts of it being rushed up like anything to do with Alisha >.>

Can't tell if someone faked it or not, but here.

IAyiOwi.jpg

If someone did fake it, they did a good job at it.

Vamphuntr

How do you get the AI not to die during bosses? They never dodge or sidestep. I'm playing on hard and it's really infuriating to have to solo bosses using armatization.

Hikami

Man, I was enjoying this game a lot. Played about ~25 hours, was already considering it my new favorite Tales game.
Haven't played it in a bout a week though and now I tried to get back into it but I just have no motivation to play/finish it at all for some reason..

Ravidrath

Enjoying the game overall, but the Water Trial is irredeemable garbage.

I don't know how anyone thought this would be fun or reasonable.

MSMrRound

Any tips into obtaining higher grade in battles?

I made sure to turn off all the auto-guards etc that halves the grade score, but I still find myself only being able to get 14.something grade in battles if I used a mystic arte, and not the consistent more than 20.+ that some of you guys are able to get...

Rpgmonkey

Can't tell if someone faked it or not, but here.

IAyiOwi.jpg

If someone did fake it, they did a good job at it.

I could never get down if it's truly fake, but Tokrin posts photoshops and joke images all the time, and sometimes they're pretty well done. They're the only source I remember seeing for this image too.

Quonny

The hell is up with this Dangerous Encounter system? Going along fine then my party gets instantly wiped in the middle of a dungeon. Who thought this was a good idea?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Any tips into obtaining higher grade in battles?

I made sure to turn off all the auto-guards etc that halves the grade score, but I still find myself only being able to get 14.something grade in battles if I used a mystic arte, and not the consistent more than 20.+ that some of you guys are able to get...
Making enemies follow you and gathering them together before you trigger the battle is a good way of making the grade score go even higher. Wait for a shadow to appear under them so you know it will be a dangerous encounter. The fight will also be harder though.

It also depends on what difficulty you're playing at, a lot of people are playing on Hard and beyond itt.

Told everyone man, they only did it so you'd listen to the best song in the game for a couple hours. They were really proud of it and were like "It'd be a shame if people didn't listen to it for an interminable amount of time"

Falk

that puzzling face
Unlikely. If that were in Bamco's thought process the end result would be "DLC that replaces all music with water temple music".

$79.99

Told everyone man, they only did it so you'd listen to the best song in the game for a couple hours. They were really proud of it and were like "It'd be a shame if people didn't listen to it for an interminable amount of time"

Okay. It wasn't that bad. There was only really that one room that gave me trouble because there are a zillion symbols facing every which way.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Okay. It wasn't that bad. There was only really that one room that gave me trouble because there are a zillion symbols facing every which way.
Yeah aside from a couple troll moments, if you check the walls + floor when you enter a new room and plan ahead the dungeon is mostly ok. The very first room where you have to use the power is supposed to show
that the effect only lasts for two squares
, so if you use it with that in mind there's not much more to it.

I do think that it would be enough if you were
teleported to the entrance of the room instead of the start of the dungeon
, but thankfully there's quick saving.

kierwynn

I didn't think the water trial was that bad. Only part that annoyed me was
that one square right after the last teleport- like what kind of troll move???

Groups of spellcasters can kill you very quickly in this game. The AI doesn't seem to be that great at interrupting them even with the strategy setting set to do so.

Best thing to do there is armatize with Edna and spam Earthshaker which knocks most spellcasters down on the second hit, once you land the first one you can just keep chaining them until they're all dead.

SephLuis

Level Designer A: We have to do a water level. Y'know, to make people suffer.

Level Designer B: Ok. Any goals ?

Level Designer A: We are going to do something that's even more infuriating than the OoT Water Temple.

Level Designer B: Great. Let's do this.

I think it was something like that when they thought of that dungeon. It was a trolling level all along.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just beat it and I am mentally recovering from that final boss. Did anyone else find that INSANELY hard? I've been playing on Moderate all game but dropped to Simple and still barely did it.

My party could not avoid the long reaching attacks, so I basically had them just be dead the entire time while I avoided the attacks and chipped him down. When he charged up I revived and tried to focus him, but barely got through the third one(I failed here a few times). To say nothing of the AI sometimes deciding to not be armatized, which made the seraph go down quickly.

I feel like I did something horribly wrong, but I dunno.

Just beat it and I am mentally recovering from that final boss. Did anyone else find that INSANELY hard? I've been playing on Moderate all game but dropped to Simple and still barely did it.

My party could not avoid the long reaching attacks, so I basically had them just be dead the entire time while I avoided the attacks and chipped him down. When he charged up I revived and tried to focus him, but barely got through the third one(I failed here a few times). To say nothing of the AI sometimes deciding to not be armatized, which made the seraph go down quickly.

I feel like I did something horribly wrong, but I dunno.

Nope. I expected it to be more difficult, honestly. What level were you? My party was all in the 89-90 range.

I just ignored the attacks of his Armatized form and kept attacking his torso dead center. I made sure to keep my HP at least at half full. Went in with plenty of Apple, Peach, and Grape gel. It was bit of a juggling act at times keeping everyone healed up and on offense, but I managed. The two phases on either end of his Armatization were simple, as he telegraphs pretty much all of his attacks.

Quonny

Does Armatization stay this OP?

Like you take way too much damage from bosses in your normal state. I just early game spoilers
cleared the mansion with the art loving kitty.

Bladenic

Like you take way too much damage from bosses in your normal state. I just early game spoilers

There are detriments to armatization, but as far as damage dealing it's your best bet throughout.

Yeah, pretty much. Lailah Armatization FTW. You can even use it to resurrect a KO'd character.

Papercuts

Nope. I expected it to be more difficult, honestly. What level were you? My party was all in the 89-90 range.

I just ignored the attacks of his Armatized form and kept attacking his torso dead center. I made sure to keep my HP at least at half full. Went in with plenty of Apple, Peach, and Grape gel. It was bit of a juggling act at times keeping everyone healed up and on offense, but I managed. The two phases on either end of his Armatization were simple, as he telegraphs pretty much all of his attacks.

Wow, I was around level 60, haha.

I was crushing the dungeon leading up to it though.

Bladenic

Yeah, pretty much. Lailah Armatization FTW. You can even use it to resurrect a KO'd character.

Yeah Fire armatization is like by far my most used. Followed by Earth, and Water and Wind are both way down there. Wind is disappointing, it had a lot of potential with all those swords but unfortunately it's too awkward and the spells are merely okay. The wind mystic arte is awesome, at least.

Yeah Fire armatization is like by far my most used. Followed by Earth, and Water and Wind are both way down there. Wind is disappointing, it had a lot of potential with all those swords but unfortunately it's too awkward and the spells are merely okay. The wind mystic arte is awesome, at least.

Earth is very good, too. Because it has that healing circle spell tied to R2.

Papercuts

Wind was my least favorite, always felt weird to use.

Water is SUPER good for me. The actual spells have a lot of lockdown potential, entire groups can get snagged in the tidal wave thing again and again.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Water is good for staying back and hitting enemies from a distance. Arrow Rain (I think it's called) is also really good for taking out groups of enemies.

Wind is pretty lackluster until you get its amazing final spell.
Gundam lasers

It works between the human character and the Seraph they're tied to. If you get KO'd and your Seraph is still alive, you can Armatize to get back into it.

I thought you were talking about Lailah's Blast Gauge heal while armatized. I already know about the trick to revive human characters with armatization.

Too bad it doesn't work the other way around (seraph KO'd, human not).

I thought you were talking about Lailah's Blast Gauge heal while armatized. I already know about the trick to revive human characters with armatization.

Too bad it doesn't work the other way around (seraph KO'd, human not).

oh, no. Lailah's R2 just does a little heal. I find Edna's R2 Healing Circle much better.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just got completely wrecked by a purple glowing hellion omw to galahad ruins...wtf! Lol
Yeah, avoid those until later. They don't even chase you IIRC.

Bladenic

Earth is very good, too. Because it has that healing circle spell tied to R2.

Yeah it's great and very powerful. Water is good too, I just haven't used it as much plus there seem to be quite a few enemies who resist Water or so it seems.

Edit: a skit I just saw through a sidequest
Rose: "killing is a sin"

No shit, weird how nobody cares that you do it all the time

Yeah it's great and very powerful. Water is good too, I just haven't used it as much plus there seem to be quite a few enemies who resist Water or so it seems.

Water is good in certain instances, but it's by far my least used Armatization. Though the game really, really seems to enjoy putting Mikleo back in my party after every single cut scene.

Top Bottom