• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Talk Tuah with Haliey Welch is a Top 10 podcast

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

cN9beb2.png

Hailey is reportedly a millionaire already from appearance fees at events around the United States. Now her new podcast is in the top 10 on the podcast charts. How long will she sustain her fame? Has America peaked yet again?

fESEeT2.gif

DKehoe

That’s cool for her. I’ve only seen a couple clips of her but she seems like a nice enough person who is well aware of how absurd her new found fame is. If she’s managed to spin out that moment into something bigger then good for her. Can’t say I’ll be listening to her podcast but not everything has to be for me.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
yeah-sure-why-notb-jim-carrey.gif

This is probably the most innocent, least brainrot outcome and I applaud her for taking her five seconds of fame to the limit in a respectable way.
Compared to getting lubed up at Diddy’s house, which apparently half the people in the entertainment industry had to do to become famous, it’s definitely a more wholesome path to success. And apparently she got back together with her sweetheart that she was trying to get over on the hawk tuah night on the town. I’m all for it.

Consuming her content, on the other hand, would make me take up skydiving on Jupiter. But that goes for most of that top 10 list other than Theo Von.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Joe Rogan is back to thinking the moon landing is fake again, and berating random guests about it for an hour at a time, so I guess we’re in dire straits all around with what Americans listen to!
His political talk is interesting, curious if it moves the needle.

I'm still impressed that podcasts have become so big. I guess its the low cost (though there are some, a well edited 'cast is definitely better) with the direct access to the guests. Hard to imagine radio or even TV ever recapturing those lost listeners and I think it represents a quantum shift in who controls access to the public.

ANY recognition can translate to a popular show, guess it will depend on just how good she is at it and what guests she can draw, I feel like the 'early days' of podcasters supporting each other are over and it's a muuuuuuch more crowded space now.

Mistake

Joe Rogan is back to thinking the moon landing is fake again, and berating random guests about it for an hour at a time, so I guess we’re in dire straits all around with what Americans listen to!
I don't know if it was deliberate, but seems he tried making up for it having Sara Imari Walker on, an astrobiologist and astrophysicist. Was a good listen

Jsisto

Was going to come in here saying something about this being a sad state of affairs but then I remembered i still regularly listen to Cumtown clips.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Feel like she won’t quite maintain being that big but what do I know?

Only slightly related: Internet brain rot is real and while it's hardly unique to them I feel like it's completely fucking Gen Z at a much greater level and can't imagine Gen Alpha won't be worse. Not saying the sky is falling and we are doomed or anything, but we are doomed to be forever cringing at least lol

jason10mm

Gold Member
I don't know if it was deliberate, but seems he tried making up for it having Sara Imari Walker on, an astrobiologist and astrophysicist. Was a good listen
The moon stuff was FASCINATING. I think it is entirely possible that we DID NOT make it to the moon as early as we claimed (in a strategic attempt to neutralize Soviet PR) but it's more likely that the footage we have is actually 'fake' simply because the actual footage didn't exist/was destroyed/wasn't very good and they filmed stuff on sound stages or whatever in order to have good stuff for everyones 12" B&W TV.

The laser reflectors corroborate some sort of physical landing of something though, maybe Buzz fired them down as he passed overhead?

IntentionalPun

Yes we need equal representation on both sides of the "was the moon landing real?" intense very scientific debate.

Mistake

The moon stuff was FASCINATING. I think it is entirely possible that we DID NOT make it to the moon as early as we claimed (in a strategic attempt to neutralize Soviet PR) but it's more likely that the footage we have is actually 'fake' simply because the actual footage didn't exist/was destroyed/wasn't very good and they filmed stuff on sound stages or whatever in order to have good stuff for everyones 12" B&W TV.

The laser reflectors corroborate some sort of physical landing of something though, maybe Buzz fired them down as he passed overhead?
If we're smart enough to split atoms and nuke Japan, pretty sure we can strap a monkey to a rocket.

For other science stuff I also like to watch Anton Petrov, Be Smart, and North 02. It's a nice reminder that we're still moving forward

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yes we need equal representation on both sides of the "was the moon landing real?" intense very scientific debate.
I mean, it's not like our government hasn't tried to pull the wool over our eyes on other stuff. The notion that what we are seeing isn't 100% the truth is hardly a stretch.

Doesn't mean I think the moon rings like a bell or that there is a lethal band of radiation around the earth though.....mostly :p

IntentionalPun

I mean, it's not like our government hasn't tried to pull the wool over our eyes on other stuff. The notion that what we are seeing isn't 100% the truth is hardly a stretch.

Doesn't mean I think the moon rings like a bell or that there is a lethal band of radiation around the earth though.....mostly :p
"The government", and all the thousands of scientists who have worked with moon rocks, or Indian and other space agencies who have photographed the lunar surface including the landing area lol

People who throw around "don't trust the government" to back up just ignoring most of the facts are part of the problem, not the solution ;)

Last edited:

poodaddy

Yup. Timecoded:

Matt Walsh is stuck defending the reality of the moon landing after going on Rogan to talk about his movie.

It's really grim out there, tbh, when you talk with average people. A lot of folks don't even believe space is real anymore. There's so much brain rot being consumed.

As I've gotten older I've started really taking to the "smile and nod", as I've found debating with people that cannot accept any sort of reason beyond their self manifested reality to just be exhausting. Had someone go on and on about crystal healing to me the other day and chakra and health manifestation, (wish cancer away and what not), my wife is just arguing and arguing, I just go "wow, whoa that's really interesting!" and just smile and take my leave. I don't know how she still has the energy for arguing with cretins, I just can't do it anymore.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
As I've gotten older I've started really taking to the "smile and nod", as I've found debating with people that cannot accept any sort of reason beyond their self manifested reality to just be exhausting. Had someone go on and on about crystal healing to me the other day and chakra and health manifestation, (wish cancer away and what not), my wife is just arguing and arguing, I just go "wow, whoa that's really interesting!" and just smile and take my leave. I don't know how she still has the energy for arguing with cretins, I just can't do it anymore.

Call me strange, but I derive a lot of entertainment from these kinds of conversations, on the chance that I can change their mind, but then again, I had to run away from my mother minutes after my birth to prevent her from eating me.

ManaByte

I think it is entirely possible that we DID NOT make it to the moon as early as we claimed (in a strategic attempt to neutralize Soviet PR) but it's more likely that the footage we have is actually 'fake' simply because the actual footage didn't exist/was destroyed/wasn't very good and they filmed stuff on sound stages or whatever in order to have good stuff for everyones 12" B&W TV.
Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Same. I do enjoy a good debate (which is why NeoGAF exists, to some extent), and I’ll get into them sometimes to stay sharp, but not usually when dealing with those kinds of people. There’s no cure for their condition.

Mistake

I had a flat earth coworker. That was a trip. I needed to explain time zones to him and how I can video call friends in China and Japan when it's CLEARLY night there

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Yeah same. Wrote a giant textbook worth of essay-length posts on the internet mostly just scrolled past by what would have been an inconsequential amount of people anyways had they read the posts.

Def did it because I enjoyed writing the posts anyways, and was never under the impression many would bother to read any post longer than 2 sentences lol but I've lost the will or desire to do it.. perhaps some of the brain cells too

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Yup. Timecoded:

Matt Walsh is stuck defending the reality of the moon landing after going on Rogan to talk about his movie.

It's really grim out there, tbh, when you talk with average people. A lot of folks don't even believe space is real anymore. There's so much brain rot being consumed.

He isn’t saying that, he is really trying to just stir the pot. He said it’s a less than zero chance that we didn’t.

It’s more of a comment about not trusting authorities and the crap they feed us than not thinking we went to the moon. At least that’s what I got from it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's possible the USA faked the moon landing. We were behind the Soviets and engineered it into a massive PR victory. It was almost too convenient, and as we know, the government lies about everything. The US government was heavily, heavily involved in manufacturing consent and psychological warfare on its own population at the time (it still is today, even moreso).

That said, even if it was faked, it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
He isn’t saying that, he is really trying to just stir the pot. He said it’s a less than zero chance that we didn’t.

It’s more of a comment about not trusting authorities and the crap they feed us than not thinking we went to the moon. At least that’s what I got from it.
It was more like an hour long ignorant tirade about how humans can’t pass through the Van Allen belt, not a comment.

IntentionalPun

It was more like an hour long ignorant tirade about how humans can’t pass through the Van Allen belt, not a comment.
Is that what Rogan said or someone else?

So that person doesn't just think the Moon landing 'footage" is fake he thinks we've never left earth's atmosphere? lol I hope that's not what Rogan believes.

Top Bottom