• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift returns to Spotify tonight

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Gaga's immense talent means nothing when she can't even settle on a theme or brand any longer, desperately hopping from genre to genre hoping for another shot at #1. She's not the "next Madonna" like we all thought she was at one point.

It didn't happen with that drug addled mess ARTPOP. It didn't happen with that terrible jazz album nobody asked for. It didn't happen with that shitty country-esque album Joanne, which she named after her dead aunt (whom it turns out she NEVER EVEN MET despite playing out the emotional connection before the album dropped kii). It didn't happen when Joanne flopped and she tried to push out a quick lil' hit to distance herself from that awful album, but like everything since 2013, The Cancer flopped.

Gaga on her own without a good team to guide her = recipe for disaster.

IFsbMMm.gif

rtcn63

Mau ®;239711539 said:
So... Taylor?

After all she's written entire albums by herself.

I still question if that's true, at least past Speak Now. (And yes, I know most artists rarely write without at least some help)

Hiss hiss and all.

What's lyrics got to do with it?

You're not necessarily wrong, but this line does sadden me.

rtcn63

Don't gete wrong, lyrics are a huge part of what makes music music. I was more referring to what was said where "whoever wrote the MOST lyric" won. What if they all suck?

For me, if you're writing your own shit and it's... shit, at least you tried. Unless it was really really shit. Then please don't be a musician. Write like young adult novels or stuff like Fifty Shades.

For me, if you're writing your own shit and it's... shit, at least you tried. Unless it was really really shit. Then please don't be a musician. Write like young adult novels or stuff like Fifty Shades.
Wait, are we just talking about lyrics or the music behind it? Because I've been pretty heavily involved in music performance/education for the better part of my life. Lyrics=/= musician. Poet, maybe. Not a musician. We might be arguing different things.

rtcn63

Wait, are we just talking about lyrics or the music behind it? Because I've been pretty heavily involved in music performance/education for the better part of my life. Lyrics=/= musician. Poet, maybe. Not a musician.

Okay, I meant uh... person who primarily sings words that they don't necessary deny aren't their own? Lyrical musician? I'm not trying to offend my brain just isn't that deep.

Kthulhu

I thought she said Spotify was a soulless corporation driven by profit. That's why she teemed up with Apple.

Jezan

Lol Taylor why are you back?

Katy stop the disco like music it's not for you go back to the bubble(?)pop.

doby

I thought she said Spotify was a soulless corporation driven by profit. That's why she teemed up with Apple.

It was all a PR exercise in Taylor 'Wholesome' Swift doing the 'right thing'. Now she's been ratted out she obviously doesn't give a fuck and sees profit in continuing the saga.

Nielm

It was all a PR exercise in Taylor 'Wholesome' Swift doing the 'right thing'. Now she's been ratted out she obviously doesn't give a fuck and sees profit in continuing the saga.

She is showing her true self now.

Anyways, she's an evil, vile, petty as fuck person. I feel repulsed when I hear her music being played. I honestly think I'd have the same reaction if I heard Mein Kampf being recited on the radio.

Mau ®

Everyone knows Taylor is petty as fuck nowadays. By making this move she's basically confirming this herself. It's too obvious.

Ahh she's the best! Her "give no fucks" era is coming to win Grammys and outstream Rihanna.

Top Bottom