• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift returns to Spotify tonight

jdstorm

Banned
1989 is a pretty good pop album. I don't think Katy will every hit those Teenage Dream highs.

1989 is a pretty mediocre pop album. (Which makes it better then 90% of Pop Radio by defult) Although its secretly a killer Big Band/Swing Album.

However Both Swift and Perry havent really done anything close to their early breakout albums. (Perry with One of the boys & Teenage Dream. Swift with Fearless and Speak Now)

Can someone explain the snake meme about her? is she really a two faceed person?

She frequently pretends to be a feminist who supports women banding together, and yet slutshames them in songs and writes songs aimed at women she hates.

She claimed Kanye used a lyric about her in one of his songs without her permission; Kim later exposed a telephone conversation between Taylor and Kanye where she gave the okay for him to use the line in his song.

She made it seem like her ex Calvin Harris didn't want to work with her or admit to working with her and was purposely keeping the fact that she worked on his song This Is What You Came For a secret, which Calvin says was BS and typical Taylor trying to take down yet another celebrity in her spare time.

rtcn63

Can someone explain the snake meme about her? is she really a two faceed person?

The Kanye stuff, and really as a somewhat overdramatic (and arguably overdue) response to her image. She's often painted as this great influence compared to other pop stars, when she's pretty much the same- she sings about dating hot guys and getting revenge on girls she doesn't like. I've listened to all of her albums, which I admittedly enjoy for what they are, but she's definitely not someone I would consider a positive role model any more so. Blank Space is super catchy but the message is well, actually listen to the lyrics or watch the video.

And the underdog portrayal. When you're tall, blonde, at least average-looking, and grew up in a heavily privileged upbringing with lots of friends while claiming to be the perpetual victim...

Agreed, no love for snakes out here.

88f.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow, this thread has everything:

- overplayed snake emojis that stopped being funny 6 months ago
- Aya's hilarious post (and someone's hilarious "wat" reaction)
- Mau's shocking revelation that he'd pick Taylor over Rihanna
- deluded Gaga fans (in 2017)
- Poor GRIMES going off
- crApple might finally be over if Taylor takes her white fan base with her
- Hitler references

And we're only on page three!

R4G3fzC.gif

Nielm

She frequently pretends to be a feminist who supports women banding together, and yet slutshames them in songs and writes songs aimed at women she hates.

She claimed Kanye used a lyric about her in one of his songs without her permission; Kim later exposed a telephone conversation between Taylor and Kanye where she gave the okay for him to use the line in his song.

She made it seem like her ex Calvin Harris didn't want to work with her or admit to working with her and was purposely keeping the fact that she worked on his song This Is What You Came For a secret, which Calvin says was BS and typical Taylor trying to take down yet another celebrity in her spare time.

She is a fraud with bad intentions. I agree.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wow, this thread has everything:

- overplayed snake emojis that stopped being funny 6 months ago
- Aya's hilarious post (and someone's hilarious "wat" reaction)
- Mau's shocking revelation that he'd pick Taylor over Rihanna
- deluded Gaga fans (in 2017)
- Poor GRIMES going off
- crApple might finally be over if Taylor takes her white fan base with her
- Hitler references

And we're only on page three!

R4G3fzC.gif

Stefon%2C_SNL_Character.jpg

Atlantis

lmao, I'm going to feynt.

Mau ®

Teenage Dream is a terrible album. Like did you only listen to it's singles and assume the whole album was like that?

Teenage Dream is terrible, but I really do consider it to be one of the most representative albums of that year. The regrettable pop album album 2010 deserved filled with cupcake tits and unsettling in hindsight messaging.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Mau ®;239724475 said:
Teenage Dream is a terrible album. Like did you only listen to it's singles and assume the whole album was like that?

Literally 6 of the 12 songs on the album were singles.

U2NUMB

Awww so the contract from apple ran out.. well I will continue to not stream her music on spotify.

But good for those that like her music

Isotropy

🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

I just want her to own the hell out of it. Take what Alaska did and dial it up to 11.

Imagine if Taylor turned up at a huge awards night in a snake-themed/detailed dress? Twitter would actually explode, and she'd make millions.

Top Bottom