• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift returns to Spotify tonight

Gee whiz half the thread is calling her a snake, vile, etc. Is Pop-GAF always this bloodthirsty? Ya'll take this shit so seriously.

BunnyBear

Also Swift memes remain hilarious

UeYYnHv.jpg

Where's the funny part?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Gee whiz half the thread is calling her a snake, vile, etc. Is Pop-GAF always this bloodthirsty? Ya'll take this shit so seriously.

PopGaf is worse than PoliticsGaf.

Just let that sink in.

Then realise that this isn't a PopGaf thread, it's a spin off. This is CasualPopGaf.

Carcetti

This was the best pop album of the decade, hands down.

Teenage Dream, California Gurls, Last Friday Night, Firework, ET, Peacock, Hummingbird Heartbeat, Wide Awake etc. Just phenomenal.

It's great that you stand by your pop queen but the best pop album of the decade is E·MO·TION and it's not even a close race.

Symphonic

"Thanks" her fans by putting her music back on all streaming services

lol

Brb gonna take away my family's dinner so they can show their thanks later

BigDug13

Spotify being only $5 a month for college students caused me to finally jump in.

Really enjoy the service. I just wish they worked on their "radio" service a bit. When I hit thumbs down, don't keep playing that fucking artist. Especially when I've thumbs downed 8 of his songs when I'm trying to have a Marci Gras playlist for a Mardis Gras party and this Christian easy listening Sax guy keeps coming back to dampen the mood.

What's the point of thumbs down if it doesn't actually do anything?

Aiii

So not worth it
Guess that streaming money doesn't stink anymore.

Oh no, it's to "celebrate" and totally not a backpedal on her "it's piracy" stance.

Brewmont

Banned
I'll agree that Teenage Dream is the most solid pop album. Honorable mention for Emotion, but that album was a juggernaut. People dismissing that here are hilarious.

I kind of love that she did this to try and fade Katy Perry, even though I think Perry is a way better pop star. Taylor has been permanently rebranded as a snek in my mind, and the more she leans into it the more I like her.

AHA-Lambda

In celebration of selling shit tonnes of copies to many people who'd have streamed it otherwise now you can stream it.

Yay?

ZeoVGM

Banned
I kind of love that she did this to try and fade Katy Perry, even though I think Perry is a way better pop star. Taylor has been permanently rebranded as a snek in my mind, and the more she leans into it the more I like her.

I fully expect her to change her image completely with the next album. It's why she's stayed out of the public eye for so long.

She's going to drop a single this fall and enter the Christina Aguilera "Stripped" era of her career.

BlitzKeeg

1989 is a pretty mediocre pop album. (Which makes it better then 90% of Pop Radio by defult) Although its secretly a killer Big Band/Swing Album.

Big Band? I haven't really listened to 1989 because I can't stand Swift's music, but since when did she ever do big band? I thought she only did mediocre contemporary pop that everyone loves because it's built to sound good to as many people as possible with little effort.

Here is some quality big band.

d0R9w.gif

basic bitches everywhere rejoicing

That pretty much sums it up.

Zyae

1989 is a pretty mediocre pop album. (Which makes it better then 90% of Pop Radio by defult) Although its secretly a killer Big Band/Swing Album.

However Both Swift and Perry havent really done anything close to their early breakout albums. (Perry with One of the boys & Teenage Dream. Swift with Fearless and Speak Now)

I dont think you know what Big Band/Swing means

LionPride

Banned

However Both Swift and Perry havent really done anything close to their early breakout albums. (Perry with One of the boys & Teenage Dream. Swift with Fearless and Speak Now)
Big Band Swing what the hell

Top Bottom